Water texture problem, square patches

Back to water surface texture issue.
Few days ago I wrote “Solved” but …NO NO NO
It was better setting Water surface to LOW but issue is back again each flight overflying water

Below see more details
iI’m facing strange water surface display ( look at 4 very short youtube video ). Before that all was working fine, very pleasant.
That’s happen each flight as soon as my plane is overflying or approaching water surfaces and only water surfaces. Any altitude
Sometimes it is normal display and suddenly bug appears during few seconds but sometimes during one or two minutes. When that’s happen if I change aircraft heading it may disappear and display normal water surface but sometimes not.
Tested all graphics parameters options downgraded from Ultra to High or from High to Medium or Low but display bug is still there.
Deleted Rolling Cache file and created a new one …still bug
No Manual cache
My hardware configuration
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32 Gb Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz, CGU Asus RTX2070 super 8 GB , MSFS on M2 NVme Crucial 1Tb. Display Huawei 34" 3440 x 1440 DP connection to CGU ( same issue with LG 27" 2560 x 1440 )
Nvidia driver 472.12. MSFS Windowed mode.
Sent a ticket to ZenDesk but 18hours later it was reported “SOLVED” without any indication/message etc…
Below 4 short youtube video showing issue

Hello simmer’s, back to my bug !!!
My water texture problem is still there.
Today during a flight from LGAT to OLBA, after take off, over the sea at 5000’ it was a mess
When arriving OLBA at 5000’ no more problem

Unable to find any explanation about that !
And as ZenDesk say it’s “Solved” without any suggestion… :worried:

a note about the meaning of ZenDesks SOLVED

Thank’s
So waiting for MS/Asobo news …
I am surprised not to read any more reactions on this problem, I do not think that I am the only one to encounter this problem of display of water surfaces

I’m pretty much having the exact same thing as you. Thinking it could be something with graphic card. Nividia rtx 2080 super. ???

your issue looks just strange ( may be therefore also not many answers ) and it is not the same as the topics issue ( topic is only these areas with these “square-edges” ).

In you case the water is not correct rendered at all and this looks possible more like these topic:

in which, so far I understand, also a faulty 2070 was the possible reason ( must not same case in your case, but… )

I would suggest to reset all nvidia settings, install the newest gpu driver , of course try without any installed mods, etc … otherwise I have no special idea.

1 Like

Thank’s to you, very interesting
Last NVidia driver updated => same result
NVidia Control Panel : all parameters reset to “Default” => same result
MSFS Graphics parameters set to Medium or Low => same result
So…may be due to my GPU RTX2070S .
I have to investigate…
Unfortunately, actually, graphics cards are very very expensive…

2 Likes

…and would look like a really “strange” hardware issue, in case the reason is a faulty gpu. But of course, can be, some heating issue, or whatever…

Update: not sure, but also try to clean the shader-cache ( windows clean , choose shadercache )

What’s interesting is that both of these reports concern the RTX 2070 Super. The other person replaced theirs with an RTX 3070 to solve the problem, which could suggest that this might simply be a driver issue affecting this specific model.

@Coleo91 Have you experienced issues when running other games? Or if you do not play anything else, can you try a benchmark? Make sure to monitor the temperatures as well.

When problem began to appear NVidia driver was 472.12, updated to 497.29 thame thing and 3 days ago updated to the last NVidia driver for RTX2070 Super 511.23 pb is still there…
My PC is only used for MSFS I don’t have any other game …so unable to test
@MichaMMA
All different cache cleared but that has not solved the problem

1 Like

Could you try a benchmark? 3DMark is free on Steam, and it can also track CPU and GPU temperatures while the tests are running. If not, I guess reverting to a driver older than 472.12 is the only thing left you can do. Can you recall if the problem started with a specific Sim Update?

Yep, square blocks appearing in water when low problem is still there.

1 Like

Wonder if someday they’ll fix St-Barth(TFFJ) watermask…

2 Likes

and tncm needs a fix also

This is a global water masking issue, it does not affect specific areas only.

Anyway, a year later and it’s still an issue, with the latest Sim Update 9 build.

It’s almost a year later, I think. I made two videos where you could see the terrain changing as you changed your distance to it. It was World Update V, and I uploaded in June last year.

The original post was made on 4th May 2021, which means the issue was present with the World Update IV (1.15.x) builds released during April 2021.

I think my videos may have been more related to terrain LOD, rather than those squares on coastlines, now I look again. It does look very similar though.

1 Like

It seems like this will never get fixed! I still see the same issue around the Toronto area and TNCM! 2 airports you come in low over the water and it just looks terrible honestly. after sim update 8, look at these screenshots. Please vote so hopefully the Devs resolve this load issue with water and land popping.

Don’t get me wrong, i love the sim and what they have done with it but this wasn’t like this before. I think it started happening after the update that had the big performance increase… but quaily decreased. Visable and annoying popping water and terrain textures everywhere. Please please fix this!

1 Like

I believe the clouds were sacrificed on the same altar.