I made my own game: read the latest postings and see if you can get back to the mainpage without any new postings. I’m not fast enough
Would you please mark this post as solved. That would direct people to your solution.
I had no CTD directly since update but it freezes regularly, so I have to kill it via task manager. The sensitivitie settings for joystick are bugged to, many stuff is inverted, but should´nt (not marked as inverted, but it is inverted).
Surprinsing that in year 2021 a company can still deliver updates, that all makes it worse as before. In this case is had been better to make a seperate version for console players and don´t add bugs to PC-players
The PC version is separate in terms of being on a different branch, being DX11, not being built for console h/w only etc etc. But their engine efforts over the last year will have been mainly for consoles for business reasons with changes coming over to the PC branch (maybe) - there’s no way they could support two completely parallel teams.
Just had a lovely flight around London starting off at a small airport - almost had a tear to my eye it was so good. But then decided to start from London City again where I had hangs yesterday trying to get in and this time it crashed. Identical to yours with no discernable information - sim just melted itself.
Don’t know what it will bring, but there’s certainly something in the making:
Read till end of post.
Just not to feel a lonely, unfortunate man, it occurred to me that after downloading and opening the sim, all went well (day 27). But the day after, whean loading the sim I got this message: “Some essential packages are missing and need to be installed it” followed by a “quit”; but instead to download these packages, the sim CTD. Re-opend it, but - like a “Catch 22” -, same message and “quit”, and so on…
I think we should have the option to not use any Xbox simmers, while a good amount of Xbox simmers might be trying to simulate flight, many more are just fooling around.
Got fed up with the CTDs on my pc so fired up the Xbox for a few sightseeing flights and guess what CTD just before landing on the Svalbard challenge!
Performance improvements are awesome but we need stability!
This disaster can only be explained by the fact that Microsoft has set a deadline for Xbox release, the patch was simply not ready and therefore we have this mess, while Microsoft counts all the money they earned.
For the next hotfix: remove all this Xbox part, and all will be good again.
Not looking good for Friday’s leg at this rate.
I have done three flights now each one somewhere been 1 and 2 Hours no CTD’s during flight but I have had CTD’s while in the world map setting up flights, never had that before now.
a hotfix will be live tomorrow, July 30th, at 8 am PT (1500 UTC) to download on both PC and Xbox Series X|S consoles. Here are the release notes:
- Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
- Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
- Fixed minor memory leaks
- The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals
- Fixed broken flight plan for Garmin devices when adding an enroute waypoint that was inserted as a destination
- Fixed flightplanner not resetting when going from one activity to another
- Fixed flightplan from flight assistant not displaying on certain planes when VFR map is open after the destination is set
- Fixed freezes happening when using the flight assistant when setting a new destination
- VR options should no longer be duplicated in the Option menu
- Marketplace “Get and download” and “Download” buttons will now function as expected on the Content Page
- User unable to interact with UI elements with the in game cursor for free flight in some cases
- Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs, improve accuracy and correctly simulate temperature impact
- Fixed AutoBrakes Button Behavior on the Airbus A320Neo
- The correct runway is now taken into account for the Landing challenge at Nice
- Pilots are now displayed in external view at the Isafjordur Landing challenge
- Title will no longer become unresponsive after using Fuel Supply and using a fuel or payload as a numerical value via ATC Ground Services
- Some achievements will no longer be awarded in error for certain landing scenarios
- Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
- Added new airspace to nearest facility JS API
- Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs
We are actively working on making this sim the best experience possible, and look forward to seeing videos, comments, and more from you about this release.
– The MSFS team
Yep Now Grounded too…I have not encountered many CTDs at all up to this point…mostly due to addons. But now, it’s a random CTD during startup, at game splash screen, or shutdown(End Flight). It ends it alright, End Flight to Desktop(EFCTD) I’ve turned off AI Traffic, Cleaned the community folder…every other song and dance mentioned.
Don’t have the will to uninstall and re-install right now…
Crazy we have to go thru this after every update.
Yesterday, i spend the evening with downloading the bad update.
Today, i want to fly, but i have to spend the evening with writing comments to this bad update.
Tomorrow, i will download a hotfix, but it wont help (caus Xbox still inside).
We dont need a hotfix, we need a goodfix.
I posted earlier in this thread about frequent, repeatable CTDs when in flight. Reading through lots of comments, I saw that turning off AI Traffic stopped the problem. I checked my settings and saw that it was on so I turned it off. That took care of my CTDs and haven’t had one since. I’ve been doing short flights, around 15-20 minutes, with no issues yet. (I was getting CTD shortly after taking off before).
My newest problem is now being unable to tune the NAV radio. I have always used the mouse to do this but the radio dial doesn’t respond…not good. Also, the Garmin 530 in the Cessna 172 and Carenado Mooney don’t respond to FPLN or NAV radio changes. (I hate the way the items in the cockpit glow when you hover over them, almost as much as I hate that they don’t work)
Stopping the CTDs that occur in flight is encouraging and I can see the improvement in FPS performance.
AMD 3800X/EVGA 2080 Super/32 GB RAM/1 TB SSD
I believe I saw there is a way to turn that glow off in one of the options in settings but don’t remember where.
Thanks a lot @sthackrey , voted for the poll, hope this will help
If the fix will work I will cry for the first time in my life! I am following lately the forum more than the website so I missed the info, thanks a lot @DerAbt4803 !