Weird Photogrammetry Glitch! Any fix?

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Brief description of the issue:

On this video you will see a glitch that I always experience around different airports and cities, to me it breaks the inmersion really bad and I don’t know if there is a fix for it.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/EtZ3Rn2fQTo?si=fk5GvxBTPjBGsqK9

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

SPJC

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Flyby the area on the video, also happens in other and so many places

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

4080 super 7800x3d 32gb ddr5

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Couple of years ago

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi @MARTIN0188 ,

We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce without duplicating an existing bug report. Using the template or providing all the relevant information about your bug and sim setup is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report and no duplicate exists, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

This has happened to me with base game with several installs in windows 11 even with a complete new windows installed. Has somebody experienced this?

1 Like

Your video with explanation is very useful to understand the issue.
I don’t know over which city you were flying but does not seem a photogrammetry one. Looks like procedural auto-generated buildings. In my opinion it is the same issue than reported here:

1 Like

I would think it is the same issue as the one you are showing, I don’t know if SPJC has photogrammetry to be honest, but if it is autogenerated it is also happening in so many other places and it is always the same area and nothing else…it’s been there basically for at least 2 years, given the few people that have written on the other thread it amazes me that no one is noticing it, I don’t have any mods installed or anything in my community folder, this is the game as is and has happened to me when I had a 7600x with 3090, 7800x3d with 4070ti and now that I have a 4080 super.

1 Like

Feel free to contribute and vote for this bug report. It will also give visibility to other users that may have the same issue.

Maybe a work around could be to try to manually cache this region and see if it stays without popping

how do you manually cache an specific region?, I have cache turned off. I have a fiber optic ethernet connection with 1000mbps dw/up.

@MARTIN0188

Turn off rolling cache in general option > Data turn rolling cache off> apply and save

On this same page where rolling cache holds up press the underneath button > view

This will bring you in the manual cache where you can build and create a manualcache file.
on 3 levels of cache (low, medium and high)
So set the size of the file start with 8 or 10 gb (you can expand later if you like) click enter and press modify cache, and wait as building of cache file starts, now you have to go
find the area you want cached (you can search on this page) because the default is set to Bordeaux
Asobo area.

Start by give name to the area by press “cache new region”
And create your to be cached region
After you are satisfied press finish and download.

When it is done go back to the world select your airport and see the result.

That’s it in a nutshell

1 Like

I will give it a try let’s see how it goes ty!

UPDATE: It did not work :(. Issue still present.

Maýbe it has something to do with your settings of your graphicscard
In its own control panel check if you have apply anisotrophic e.a. set to aplication control,
if you have set this manually in the sim general options

Sebastiaan

I’ve tried anisotropic both from the sim and the game, it doesn’t make a difference. Plus game has been like that with all my previous videocards. Can you try the bug yourself? Just start a flight from SPLP and head towards SPJC (less than 3 minutes flight) and try to fly over that stadium in my video. My guess is you will experience the same.

Do you have all updates installed from the content manager, including World Updates? This looks like an LOD (Level of Detail) issue to me.

I’ll try out your suggestion of flying from SPJC shortly. :+1:

1 Like

I have the base game installed as it comes, from the marketplace I have a couple of world updates but none of those target south america or Peru per se, as there is none. If you are going to try it fly from SPLP towards SPJC like trying to land on rwy 34.

1 Like

Its definitely a bug as I can replicate it. I’ll do more testing tonight but whats odd, is if I’m in a jet doing over 400kts then the bug appears. But if I’m flying slower then its all ok. I’ll retest again tonight. I’ve never seen it happen in my sim elsewhere, but I have to admit I wasn’t looking for it either.

1 Like

I can concur with @zooze74 above, happens exactly as you have shown on mine too.

Seems to be speed related. If I approach at normal Cessna speeds, no pop in/pop out occurs. These are Blackshark AI buildings, I’m just not sure if they are loaded client side or from Azure or a mixture of both. Someone with a bigger gaming chair than me will know.

I’ll do some more testing later, such as a normal flight between both airports.

I’ve also seen it in other places, I just remember this one clearly because it is my home airport and due to the easy proximity between it and SPLP, it is a really large area that is reloading right next to the runway…

I suspect as you say its quite common, but as I never travel that quickly in most of my flights I’ve never noticed it.

1 Like

Well i actually did fly that to replicate with manually cached the region at around 850 ft high
With cessna 172 sp classic and it was not glitching at all but i did not made a video of it
But i can make one tomorrow. for right now i am not at my pc
And also im gonna try with f18 to see if it is there with the speed above 400 km .

I just did it with the C172 G1000 at 100kt same route from SPLP at 1000ft and the same thing happened as with the F18, all terrain reloaded like in the video. I don’t have the 172 analog can you try with the g1000?. Maybe it could be related to glass panels? That would be odd…