What Annoying MSFS Bug/Flaw still remains in 2023

True also in Russia.

Real world weather isn’t always “real world” - at least over here and I totally get it with the snow too.

I’ve had issues where I am taxiing and an AI airport vehicle comes up and parks in the middle of the taxiway.

Sheesh!

3 Likes

Yes, this is true as well.

The airport vehicles should never be on the taxi way or in the path of an aircraft.

Perhaps a real world pilot could respond with the proper expections of the airport ground vehicles. I’d assume that the aircraft have the right of way?

1 Like

I have had a few cases where an AI vehicle came up and parked in my way.

There was a situation where two vehicles were parked in the middle of the primary taxiway, facing opposite directions, as if they were having a cuppa coffee and chatting about sports or something.

I didn’t/don’t know how to communicate with AI objects, and my aircraft didn’t have a horn, so I just taxied right through them and took off.

So much for realism. . . .
:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I have reduced ground vehicles in Traffic options to 20 percent and it helps here. Less immersion breaking with crazy drivers.

2 Likes

The way they implemented sliders in the menus needs a total overhaul. Pretty much impossible to dial-in a precise value, whether it’s fuel or a controller axis sensitivity curve.

3 Likes

Well, it is possible, but not intuitive:
You can use the scroll-wheel of the mouse to dial in numbers exactly.
Simply hover with the cursor over the slider and scroll.
But this is quirky as well.

1 Like

Especially with turbulence…

1 Like

Saved flights and the missing toolbar after loading.

2 Likes

I don’t like to moan too much as for the most part I’m very happy with the sim; however it really does irk me that we still see planes spinning around on their wingtip on parking ramps, I wish they would sort that out.

4 Likes

Now that AAU1 is done, maybe one of the devs could take 5 minutes and find out why the you lose an engine in the A320s when the center tank runs out of fuel? Something in the logic isn’t working right. Even if nothing else is immediately done, just fix that please.

1 Like

Autopilot is still broken since SU9 in the TBM930 and new bugs appear with AAU1. So after installing AAU1 I set up a flight between Bristol and Geneva, EGGD - LSGG in the TBM930. After take off I set autopilot into NAV mode and VS up to instructed altitude. If I tap the OBS button on the PFD I get a secondary magenta line appear in the MFD, and the first magenta line turns white. Subsequent tapping of the PFD OBS button reverses the magenta/white line colours and autopilot disengages for good, it will not take back control in NAV or APR modes. It does however activate autopilot control if HDG mode is swiched on, but it’s now possible to select HDG mode as well as NAV mode, at least both indicator lights on the GMC710 (Autopilot control panel) are lit at the same time. It is not possible to re-engage NAV mode after selecting HDG mode.

I hate being negative but this sim is a very expensive piece of continuous beta software.

Please code a solid foundation and build on it.

5 Likes

Sounds like it’s operating correctly; you have armed NAV mode and should use HDG mode to point yourself close enough to where you want to go for it to pick up and activate NAV mode when you intercept the course. You might want to see the separate threads for the G3000/G5000 avionics if you want to ask more questions about how the new, more true-to-life instrument works:

2 Likes

Reflections that wipe around the cockpit, exterior or objects. Something to do with screen space reflections i think. It’s common in most games but nowhere near as noticeable as MSFS. Would really love that to change.

3 Likes

The horizon that is still visible through mountains…

10 Likes

What Annoying MSFS Bug/Flaw still remains in 2023

How long have you got? This could take a while :rofl:

2 Likes

We have until January 1st, 2024. Guess you should get started.

1 Like

The list will be easier to compile next year. We’ll just to copy / paste many of the gripes in this one. lol

7 Likes

Biggest remaining flaw for me revolves around the behavior of toolbar panels in VR since Asobo implemented VR touch controller support (e.g. if you leave the mouse hovering over the ATC window the ATC options don’t respond to keyboard input).

To fix these issues I have to mod every plane I fly to make sure there’s an unused instrument view available that I can switch to after every view change (i.e. the infamous “ctrl-0” hack) so I can turn the annoying VR touch control panel layering off.

Hard to imagine that VR users new to the sim would know about such hacks, so for them it just seems broken.

1 Like

Hmm, I was pushing the OBS after take off plenty of times just now, nothing crazy happened. AP is still on, plane is following the NAV route, VNAVs working that we did not even have before…

1 Like

Seems like I am seeing similar. Looks much better than it was months ago.

1 Like