What Annoying MSFS Bug/Flaw still remains in 2023

You can select control combinations (So it only activates when say two buttons are pressed together), but it might not work for that particular mouse.
I used to use it to isolate the cockpit zoom so that it would only work when holding down the right mouse button and scrolling the mouse wheel. That was pre-SU5 before XBox came along and introduced this controller bug.
May was well give it a try!

1 Like

I did not know about the ā€œcontrol combinationsā€ā€¦ Good Point.
I will have to look at that feature too. Thanks for the pointer !

2 Likes

Hello! Just wanted to follow up with you regarding the terrain issue within the Caspian Sea! I have reported it to Microsoft several times and reported on the forum too and the issue still exist. Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. So many ā€œlittleā€ things still rear itsā€™ ugly head in the simā€¦ Like the seas and so many bridges missing spans or non-existant. I hope they will get some of the more glaring issues fixed but ā€œEye Candyā€ seems to take priority sometimes.
Butā€¦We all still really love this Flight Simulator Game.

2 Likes

Scenery everywhere still needs help.

Especially bridges and water level artifacts.

:+1: :wink:

2 Likes

Agreeā€¦and some of those bugs that have been around since MSFS was released, really should be addressed. Sure seems like there is a ā€œBack Burnerā€ that is really way back there.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure others have mentioned this one, but here it goes anyway:

The lack of a good weather API is a MAJOR setback in making this the true king of flight sims, at least for those who like flying IFR.

Until we have that, and until 3rd party devs are able to use a good API to implement true to life weather radars to simulate true IFR operations, we have a beautiful looking but limited simulator.

3 Likes

It appears to be getting better to me but maybe I am not paying enough attention to the weather details.

1 Like

Unpredictable stutter on touchdown

3 Likes

Anyone mention logbook not logging takeoffs yet?

1 Like

Lack of a functional Saved Flight State

Desperately want this to be fixed and no doubt all on this forum want this too.

There are times when we cannot continue our flights and have to do chores, go out etc. Yesterday while in the middle of a 2 hour flight in the Asobo A320neo I had to go out. Forgetting it does not work - I saved the flight. I think you all know whats coming.

When I reloaded the plane was in a dive, flight plan not loaded, autoflight settings all gone, its just a terrible mess. That the games OWN stock airplane cannot remember settings is aggravating. What is the technical reason for this struggle I wonder.

So now I just use the Developer Pause and turn off the monitors. This is energy wasteful I know.

Its very exasperating, this kind of save functionality is crucial to gaming. I hope this is addressed.

This has gotten worse for me, it now happens on every landing flare. From 50FPS to 2 or 3 FPS for 1.5 sec or so. Ruins landings.

7 Likes

If the mouse pointer is hovering over any floating panels, all flight control inputs completely stop working

5 Likes

ATC on IFR flights sending you through mountains on descent. The computer has terrain data, youā€™d think it could calculate clearance. :smiley:

4 Likes

This!

Had a perfect flight from Ottawa Rockliffe to Toronto Center in the Comanche, only to crash when trying to land it @ 5-10 fps.
Frustrating to the point where Iā€™m avoiding anything but small airstrips but dang, whatā€™s the point of the sim if I canā€™t fly out of or into a decent sized airport?

Letā€™s face it, this sim is still buggier than a picnic in the woods.
Drives me nuts sometimes and if their track record is anything to go by, MSFS2024 will most likely be just as buggy.

3 Likes

The landing stutter is so consistent now I feel the game is trolling us. Perfect departure, perfect climb, perfect descent, perfect approach but that last few secs of the flareā€¦ruined.

I use the excellent Sky Dolly to save flights and of course it dutifully also records the stutters so when Im showing off my landings to (non aviation) friends they ask why it goes all PowerPoint at the end.

:expressionless:

6 Likes

Airport lights on all the time, misplaced or even missing or mislabeled taxiway signs, taxiway lights in the middle of taxiways.
I think a generic airport overhaul is long overdue

3 Likes

AI nav and strobe lights being seen from miles in broad daylight!

2 Likes

Similarly, seeing an approach light rabbit off-axis from 20 miles away during the day is pretty humorous.

Yeah, can we finally get pilot controlled lighting? I took someone up on a quasi-discovery flight last weekend and showed her how I can turn the lights on from the airplane and it kind of blew her away. Itā€™s fun, itā€™s useful, itā€™s seemingly so accessible - make it happen!

1 Like

The lack of brightness controls remains irksome. For HDR folks, sometimes the peak brightness capabilities of the monitor arenā€™t properly taken into account and things are way too bright, especially on lower-end HDR400 monitors. For non-HDR folks people continue to disagree on whether darks are too dark, lights are too light, or both.

Even just a brightness slider, alone, would make a big difference in helping people tune their setup. A peak brightness control for HDR would be a big help for those of us with HDR sets too.

1 Like

Who are you telling to ā€œMake It Happenā€ ? OH, those ā€œDeafā€ ears over thereā€¦ Smile

1 Like