What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Native is 1920x1080 and is now getting almost 60 fps with everything un Ultra.
Tried both DSR and game scaling (actually its pretty much the same thing) but before the DSR seemed to work better. Now it doesnt seem to make a diff…

2 Likes

For me the culprit was the N Summer / S Winter foliage pack. Developer says there’s a compatibility fix already submitted to Marketplace two weeks ago but hasn’t been put live yet by Asobo.

1 Like

I completed my flight to Singapore last night, only took 3 missed approaches to trigger landing clearance.

First, the new way points that automatically get added to your flight plans steer the plane into the middle of the approach path, then turns it to land. No way you’re going to get landing clearance like that, thus first miss and turn around to head to NYLON as instructed.

First real approach, ATC messed up, waiting too long for hand off to the tower, approach and landing clearance talking over each other leading to a missed approach and turn back to NYLON before the runway.

Second approach, ATC clears me to land behind a live traffic plane. It doesn’t leave the runway in time so ATC tells me to go around 10 seconds before touch down. Full power, flying 100 ft over the runway to see the other plane finally start to turn off at the other end of the runway.

All the way back to NYLON again, to make sure no more ATC mess ups I approach extra slow (175 knots) with 20 degree flaps. (ATC only triggers at 9 miles out at Singapore) and get clearance without traffic ahead. Perfect landing, parked at the gates to let my poor passengers out.

Overall a great flight, I don’t mind circling cities at low altitude after a blurry high altitude flight. However it would sure be messy in the sky with FS2020 flight planning and ATC in charge!

2 Likes

New flight today, climbing is messed up again in the A320. I have to set the v/s speed to +3000 or it stops climbing entirely at 30,000ft with ATC nagging to expedite my climb. Turning up the climb rate first starts the dolphining effect again, it sort of stabilized a bit and is climbing (swinging) between +100 and +800 at A/Thr indent. On CL indent it swings between +0 and +1000, on FLX indent it stabilizes at +115 fpm.

How do I get the A320 to climb normally again? AP off I guess.

The approach to Innsbruck is beautiful. Maybe not as good looking as before SU5, but if I hadn’t seen the pre SU5 visuals I wouldn’t have anything to complain about. (It was very blurry at 30K ft)

Missed approach first attempt. I was waiting for ATC to give me descent instructions but I guess that’s implied with approach clearance. Then it gave me landing clearance while still far too high. So report missed approach and back to RTT. I turned a bit early needing to intervene and climb pretty steep at full power, mountains! It was fine, yet flying over mountains with the 2500ft warning and no visibility (in clouds) is nerve wrecking.

I bounced on landing, too much flare but recovered, got it down smoothly and had enough space left to slow down gradually. I did end up doing the turn of shame at the end of the runway, didn’t want to scare the passengers turning off the runway at speed.

Safe arrival

No gate or baggage service for the A320 here, perhaps a bit small for A320? No clue what can fly where :slight_smile: Fun flight!

5 Likes

I was testing the new scenery discovery flights to finally see something different for the first time in my life than my usual Chicago Meigs fiel… oh wait… what is the most iconic starting airport in the new Flight Sim 20?
Does it have one? In the older flight sim days it was always Meigs Field Chicago but now I am always starting from a random airport located on the currently daylit area of the earth - and I never have chosen any airport to start from twice (except Gibraltar which looks especially good and exotic, and some saved personal flight scenarios).

But today it was scenery discovery flights.

Italy

Tokyo

French-Polynesia

Sorry most of the time I don´t have the internet connection for the satellite images and photogrammetry is absolutely impossible for me, but maybe some day these landscapes can be downloaded and stored on the harddrive and enjoyed whithout having fast internet (15 Terabytes of Western Digital Game Drives are waiting for that glorious day!) or OrbX surely will make this scenarios available in photorealistic quality offline with offline-photogrammetry some day.

5 Likes

Today I took a trip to Twin Lakes, Alaska - the location where naturalist and photographer Richard Proenneke lived for many years in his self-built log cabin. No sign of the cabin, but the journey and scenery more than made up for that.

10 Likes

I’m have great fun installing MSFS. Not sure what happened after the SU5 update, but nothing was working at all. From bugs in the world map, weather, aircraft issues…decided to spend the day reinstalling the simulator. Another 7 or 8 hours to go. GREAT FUN.

2 Likes

What a wonderful way to spend an evening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Island hopping in the Cessna 172 g1000 amphib running around the Ohio islands, Put In Bay Ohio is my favorite area I’ve exploded so far

Bijan’s season software? I’ll have to check the fix out.

1 Like

Yeah. If you have the non-marketplace version you may be able to get the update already.

1 Like

Getting moaned at by ATC being 300ft above or below to what i was actually at

I finally passed the landing test with an A. Ok, nothing special but doing this with the game pad, keyboard and mouse. Here is hoping thrustmaster push out an update so their hardware will work with the Xbox.

1 Like

I did aerobatics in a stunt plane above my home city, something that simply wasn’t possible without vomit-inducing performance problems just a few days ago. (In VR.) Great fun! :smiley:

2 Likes

for the first time ever i can fly now over london, paris , lax area, without stutters.

3 Likes

Awesome picture, I had to look at it for dunno how long five seconds or so to check if it´s real-world or flight sim scenery!

Thanks for the tip Alaska surely is an impressive location to fly.
The movie “The Edge” with Anthony Hopkins has some of the most gorgeous landscapes while they fly through the nature and mountain sceneries with this red propeller plane (only the Hobbit movie has even more impressive sceneries).

Here are some of the Bonanza screenshots from the short visit to Brazil this evening :slight_smile: and the next visit will be Alaska.

2 Likes

yes, it was surprisingly enjoyable. My background was tech support and running courses, so it comes naturally!

2 takeaways so far… those with a poor understanding are VERY VERY VERY quick to state it is a bug in the sim (of which it has it’s share), but in the end is basic aviation issues. So we need to sort out that right away. Things like props torquing to the left… weather vaning on landings, or basic atmospheric physics like being unable to hit maximum speed at 5000 ft - some good opportunities for education here. Hell, this should be part of schooling, as backbone for geography, weather, physics etc etc

I also note, the legend lives on… I find it interesting soooooo many have chosen the 747 on day one. It’s reputation is well entrenched, though I am pretty sure they should not be taking off from taxi ways… which I have already noted twice! It will be curious to see if this settles down after they do their initial fun fllights and getting a feel

not trimming the plane properly is also an ongoing theme. They think it is a glitch… or fail to understand why they are struggling to control. We all learned this at some point… but it is a standout issue

3 Likes

A350-900 - EGLL -Heathrow-

2 Likes

Emergency landing.

1 Like

I tried to land the typhoon :cyclone:, but failed! I couldnt find the speedbrake!!