What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I figured out my useropt.cfg was set to read only and in that LOD was set to 3 and 3. Set it to 2 and 3, and I can fly glass cockpits again. Still a little low in the fps but not below 17 and avg 22 so it all good lol…it even saved my log book entries for both legs of the flight …

managed to get a couple of screenies while I was at it out of Eire…

started singing Somewhere over the rainbow I was so overjoyed Bwhahahah … NOT!

3 Likes

Continued down the coast from Brownsville, Texas to Tampico, Mexico.

Then later in the day, after SU4 was released, I fired up the Seneca once again in a random location of known precipitation to test out the changes to the weather radar output. Very nice.

5 Likes

I’d hate to think of you splattered over Normandy after a bad jump. Spit it is.

wanted to do a short flight with the new version.

Unbeknownst to me, I live paused the sim, bu then I got this gloriouss view…
On departure I also had the wonderful occurence of a sky full of clouds, no rain and a blank weather radar!!

Found this 3 days ago… this seems like a good time to share it

https://safetyfirst.airbus.com/optimum-use-of-weather-radar/

radar clear!!

4 Likes

Crossed into the Rockies on the I-90 Coast-to-Coast Plan.

Beautiful Crystal Lake and Island Lake deep inside the Custer-Gallatin Forest region.

Gardiner MT is classic high-country, STOL turboprop terrain. Just outside the north entrance to Yellowstone National Park, and bounded by the Yellowstone River and I-89, it’s in poor condition. Worse yet, if you’re coming from points east like me, you’re performing easily a 4.4 degree descent from 14,800’ (MEA) to 6,400, and making a hard turn into the River Valley. R28 is upon you before you know it. Thanks to SU4, the PT-6 was humming nicely all the way, and the Caravan acted just like the sledge it is - get it down to about 70-80 kts and point it somewhere - you’ll get there very docilely.

3 Likes

We were Checking Out Bush Flying in Africa and found this.

ps. We loved the moment in this movie where the Little Chimp bats his Eye Lashes at the kind Pilot.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=little+primates+virunga+national+park&t=brave&iax=images&ia=images

1 Like

I was going to give myself a couple days break from flying, but when I check these forums and see the fun you guys are having, I end up starting the sim up lol

3 Likes

Well I’ll tell you what I didn’t do. Finish my flight on the parking apron at KSEE. Was a bit of a surprise while taxiing. I didn’t take up much runway on landing, I wonder if it ran all the way across to the runway? Was hoping I could pop over it but it didn’t quite work out…

1 Like

It’s flights like this, that make up for any short comings in this Sim. I thought I was about to thread the Gates of Hell.

7 Likes

VFR !!! No way !!

1 Like

Flew from Mexico to Guatemala

1 Like

After a panic when the sim got stuck on the blue loading bar after clicking ‘Fly’ (resolved by ending the task in task manager and restarting the sim) the world tour continued over a cloudy Russia :grin:

2 Likes

Low viz reposition from Block Island to Westerly.

At least there was one RNAV approach into the field, and thank goodness for that.

2 Likes

This was a very fun event!

6 Likes

Continued along the Mexican coast from Tampico to Veracruz. It was very cool seeing the sun poking through the breaks in the clouds.

4 Likes

I flew from Guatemala to Honduras in my A320

2 Likes

Investigated a new Saba TNCS runway issue. With the recent updates, the famous Rock was removed ! This bump at the end of the runway is sooo dangerous… and with little space to take off there you’ll have to roll to the left side to avoid it… or see that you lift takeoff before reaching this bump !

1 Like

A short flight in the newly released turbo arrow. So pleased I went for this one after taking her up in VR for a flight across the south coast of England.

The aircraft handles really well and will certainly be my go to aircraft for short distance flights. Perhaps more importantly the flight in VR was flawless with zero stuttering and a nice sharp image, not bad for a £800 laptop and quest 2.

Definitely made my weekend being able to finally fly like this! :airplane:

2 Likes

I beg your pardon… you run VR without stutters on a laptop ?? What’s that config… I’m looking for a PC like that lol

Yep! To be fair it’s always run pretty well with the odd stutters when drivers are released but happily running it on high settings. Connecting the router to the computer with an Ethernet has made a huge difference and am regularly getting 25fps now.