What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

What graphics board is that ? I get that framerate only when flying over seas somewhere high up :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Been cursing that they still didn’t fix services, my ramp goes away after few seconds. Injuring my passengers! Delays = lost profit g0d d4mn it!
I use self loading cargo and I want them gone when I say so!

Was on my Way from Amsterdam to Mexico City 8 hours into the Flight as for unknown Reasons my PC rebooted with no Log appearing in Event Viewer why :frowning:

Mid to high 40s in 2d as well. It’s a legion 5, Ryzen 7, RTX2060, 4800h, 16gb ram.

1 Like

Nice landing. If you like LFPS, you should try this little scenery : Altisurface Notre Dame de la Salette LF3826 (LFPS) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

And you’re not supposed to fly over the monastery, the monks don’t like to be disturbed in their prayers. Atterrissage à Notre Dame de La Salette - YouTube

Tried out this approach. RNAV 20L with visual transition into SBRJ, Santos Dumont Airport, Rio De Janeiro. Scenic approach, especially in 4K ultra settings :heart_eyes:. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Continued my Latin American airports tour from Guatemala to Nicaragua

2 Likes

I completed the I-90 Coast-to-Coast: Boston to Seattle flight plan courtesy of @newtestleper984. What a great ride and seeing all the wonders of the northern end of the Continental US. I’m going to be doing it again with a different route down South. Each segment was an hour of flight time, perfect for an evening unwind session. I highly recommend it.

5 Likes

Flew to Costa Rica in the A320

1 Like

OK, so I tried twice to get Neofly to record my mission, to no avail, but I sure got a lot of my home region Southern California. From the desert, to the sea, to all of Southern California.

4 Likes

I miss Santini Air, and “The Lady.”

4 Likes

An Excerpt from my Cross-Country Flight Plan: I-40 Barstow CA to Wilmington NC.

Leg 1: Barstow-Daggett (Barstow CA) to Ford Motor Co Proving Ground (Yucca AZ)

We’ll kick off this flight plan with an unusual leg, starting from the Pioneer Town of Barstow CA but arriving at Yucca Flats AZ, home of the Ford Motor Company’s Proving Grounds Test Track.

Departing Barstow-Daggett:

Our constant reference point - Interstate-40:

Passing over the Kelso Dunes Wilderness:

We get a great view of the federally protected and famous Kelso Dunes - the sand field makes booming sounds (seriously) thanks to it’s sand grain size and smoothness.

Crossing the Mojave Wilderness Park ridges:

Definitely not the place you want to have an engine failure - the desolate plains are only broken by rugged low hills and mountain ridges, crisscrossed by lonely highways and state roads:

Crossing over Needles CA, over to the South is the Lake Havasu Wildlife Refuge and Lake Havasu City:

Our unique arrival field - the Ford Motor Company’s Proving Ground for car testing. The track is actually built around an active airport, judging by the number of anti-collision lights and a constant stream of calls on the CTAF:

That TBM was co-altitude, so it was a good thing we made a wider off-set entering the downwind leg as he blew past us just under 200 kts (325 kts closure):

Turning base onto R18:

Just made touchdown and someone in the pattern does a go-around:

It’s a fairly large field with two ramps - note the unique zig-zag test track on the southern end:

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the feedback. I was following the path that was mentioned in the landing challenge that came with FR update. But the video is very good. It makes much more sense. Thank you very much for recommendation.

This Post is more to do with ‘What we didn’t do in MFS today’ and includes some Scenarios that we may try to Replicate and especially Landing at St Barts.

ps. Thanks so much for the Post Topic Woeller3 and Kind Regards from us.

1 Like

After half year and 1 day I finished trip around Australia in C172. Last leg was from Oenpelli (YOEN) to Darwin (YPDN). Weather was nice, just mild tail wind, but very hot. Not like last few weeks with lot of turbulences bellow 4000ft.
I started the trip in Darwin on November 29 and finished today on May 30. And total flying time was 84h40m.

Another coincidence was that on January 1st (close to summer solstice in Australia) I crossed Topic of Capricorn at noon time. So I captured moment of being almost exactly between earth and sun.

6 Likes

Had a very enjoyable flight from Sydney Australia to Melbourne Australia flying the EasyJet A320NX by FBW.

Taking off from Sydney

Somewhere 38,000ft in the air

A few miles out of from R36 at Melbourne

1 Like

That’s a smooth landing :slight_smile:
When it says 5’, you know you’re doing it right

1 Like

I’m still covering Florida and recently finished flying over Gainesville, home of the University of Florida Gators. I was pleasantly surprised with Gainesville.

I am continuing practicing more challenging landings in 1st person. I am pleased with this hard to do landing at the 4:15 mark

Took a break from my coastal tour to give the Turbo Arrow a decent high-altitude test from San Diego to Big Bear. The general flying feel was just as good as the regular Arrow, plus the bonus of a consistent 170 knot ground speed the whole way there. I haven’t even gotten the Seneca that fast, although admittedly I haven’t taken it to 11,500 feet yet either. It was also my first time trying the PMS50 GTN 750 mod which I immediately fell in love with. Can’t wait to try the 750 in the Seneca and Bandeirante as well.

3 Likes

Haha yeah, thank you, was trying for a firmer landing because of the shorter landing distance :rofl::rofl:.

1 Like