What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I did not see anything in the cockpit but makes sense. I will look into key binding.

CTD. CTD. CTD. CTD. :yawning_face:

Completed a flight this morning followed by 8 CTD’s throughout the day.

Checked xbox live. Everything seems to be working.

Went to settings>Gaming>Xbox networking. Looking at Xbox live Multiplayer clicked Fix it button.

FS 2020 loaded twice with no CTD.

1 Like

Wade through broken Add-on’s. Re-install the DC6. Test real world weather, and get super stressed
no flying. :slight_smile: :grimacing:

1 Like

watched netflix as ive tried everything else to the point I feel like I’m a testing machine. nothing left i can do so netflix it is

1 Like

Flew from the south of France to Barcelona last night. It started as a nice flight but turned nasty about 45 minutes in with big storms brewing ahead. I ended up in the soup for a half hour concerned that I was going to actually have to shoot a hasty ILS approach, but broke through the mess about 10 miles out and was able to come in visually.

And it was quite visual
lightning and thunder but happily little rain.

Terrible quality vid of the last few minutes

1 Like

A visit to Papua New Guinea with the King Air

4 Likes

I just landed my Cessna Citation on the ice in Greenland during sunset, even with the graphics downgrade of SU5 it still looked amazing. I then received a Crash to Desktop after taking off and attempting to land in another spot. Sigh.

Moments earlier I attempted landing at ÍsafjörĂ°ur Airport in Iceland in the near total darkness, and after breaking through the immense overcast cloud cover was surprised to find the runway had no landing lights or lights of any kind, not sure if this is a thing or not. That was my first crash in a while.

1 Like

I flew from Vancouver to Stewart (CZST) a very exciting and beautiful approach

The airport is a bit on the small side to handle a A320

Taxiing with reverse thrust does wonders. (Anyone know how to stop the camera from rotating around while reversing?) Unfortunately while I was trying to figure out how to enter Anchorage as my next destination, I must have inadvertently nudged the throttle control without the parking brake on
 Not good.

It was time to restart the sim anyway, audio started crackling again and performance was getting worse. (I started in Seattle today, to Vancouver, then Stewart) After restart, smooth again, audio fine and correct flight plan to anchorage.

I started the plane where I left if (before nudging the throttle) and backed up to the end of the runway. It’s a pretty short runway. I’m not sure if it’s the way to do it, yet as I saw the end of the runway coming closer I deployed more flaps to take off at 140 knots, then reduced flaps while climbing out.

All fine, I’m currently on the way to Anchorage, getting nagged by ATC too high this time.
35,100ft is the new FL360!

4 Likes

I completed the trip to Anchorage, another beautiful approach in the ever setting sun.

ATC assigned me RNAV 33, a bit too late though, already past the entry point by the time I had it programmed in. I tried to fly straight in, keeping my speed in check with spoilers and flaps, and could have easily landed yet no landing clearance given. I powered back out over the runway and turned AP back on to see what it would do.

Very interesting and cool approach!

Likely a bit more comfortable for the passengers instead of descending at 4,000 fpm with spoilers and full flaps! Plus a great view all around.

I hope my passengers can fly themselves the last 12 meters to the jetway

Nice airport

Juicing back up for tomorrow

Where to next!

2 Likes

I sat in front of my computer and tried to debug my SIM which had been running faultlessly for almost a year until SU5 & it’s hotfix. After 3 hour’s of launching the SIM followed by CDTs at various stages of loading I gave up. I wonder whether MSFS will ever be restored to the admittedly imperfect but fliable state we had after SU4.

2 Likes

Just sat there wasting 3 hours of my time trying to get it to run and complete at least one filght before it crashed
ASOBO you have killed this game for pc users with update 5.

1 Like

Flew Bad Axe to Mackinac Island in my Cessna 152 loop of the Great Lakes

1 Like

This:

then all of a sudden this happened:

as you can see Im flying over land but the land has disappeard lol.

Got the land back and:

Then flew uneventful flight to KERI and on Landing I found this:

LOL I think the eyeball plane’s pilot needs an eyeball doctor himself!

3 Likes

You flying the development version?

No that I know of, just the vanilla Premium Deluxe version, no add-ons.

I thought that was unflyable
 OK

It flies just fine, as long as you manage the altitude yourself. (If you’re referring to the RNAV approach) It doesn’t catch any glide slope and I took it off AP a ways before the runway, using V/S mode before that to descent.

The (stock) A320 is fully functional for me oterwise. ATC however
 I had to fly about 1,200ft below assigned altitude midway during the flight to get ATC to shut up. And as usual it was far too late in assigning the approach to make the proper approach the first time. Entering the approach routed me back instead of joining the ‘circle’ from where I was and continuing straight in approach doesn’t give the option to get landing clearance.

So yes it works, sort of.

I just read a tweet from the nx developers saying some adaptations were made, but on the development model.

haha nice. when i saw the picture, the soundtrack of the tv series instantly started playing in my head. good memories. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you add a power boost, you can add some more music

1 Like