What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

MS Train Simulator ?

5 Likes

4 Likes

My balcony, the memories I have there.

Anyways, I wanted to go explore again instead of catch up with the old homestead.

Time to go out.

Went to the laundrette.

Yes, the apartments have a laundry room, but I’d also use this place.
Found it, parked around back as you do.

Mission achieved for today.

I went back to Willow Grove Park Mall

The Bloomingdale’s Entrance.

It’s coming back to me, I’ve parked all around this mall, including up there once.

PetSmart, I remember going here too.
Then it was off to Horsham.

Giant

1 Like

I think I remember where my Blockbuster Video was now; it was there on the end.

The memories.

Let’s go off, see what else I can find.

OMG, my Walmart! I actually found the Walmart! - This was on my list of things to find here.

My Walmart in PA! I honestly preferred Giant, but, this was my Walmart. Giant had that Icecream Cake I loved and I had a birthday on my first trip here.

In 2001 I bought a long sleeve t-shirt here and some sunglasses because I was in the car a lot and the sun was in my eyes.
Here’s also where I saw the politest 10 year old I ever saw in my life; he was so well spoken and apologetic to his mother for acting out at the cash register, that was freaky for me, like he was brainwashed or conditioned or something, bare in mind I was fresh off the boat from the London Borough of Croydon, this was alien to me. That was here.

And off…

I’ve still got a couple of more places to find, but so far I’m loving being here again, catching up with the place virtually.

I might/will most probably be based here in Willow Grove for when I see Philadelphia/Center City so, watch this space.

A nice flight over the Kaanapali, Kahului and Kihei coasts of Maui. The new RV-14 flies pretty solid and makes great power.

3 Likes

Today I took a trip down the West Coast, from a rainy Vancouver (YVR) to a sunny and warm San Jose (SJC). This has been my longest CRJ trip to date, with a total flight time of just about 2:00hrs.

The weather in Vancouver, BC was quite gloomy, with overcast skies and a lot of rain, quite typical for the region at this time of year. My bird for today is the trusty CRJ-900 from Aerosoft.

I soon pushed back and began my taxi to RWY 08L, and prepared for an eastward departure out of YVR.

I took off on-time and began my climb out of YVR before turning southwards. It wasn’t long until I punched through the clouds and saw blue sky. My departure from YVR took me almost directly over nearby Victoria airport (YYJ) which was seeing better weather than YVR.

Towards the end of my climb to FL350, I passed over the Olympic Mountains of Washington state’s northwest coast.

I had a somewhat bumpy cruise down to the Bay Area because of the coastal mountain ranges along the way, especially over the Klamath Mountain range. After what felt like a much shorter cruise than expected, I began my decent into the Bay Area. Today’s approach would take me over the sea to the West of San Francisco, followed by a sharp turn to the east for a final approach into Runway 30R.

What made this flight truly memorable was the parallel approach into San Jose. A Southwest 737-700 was lined up for an approach into RWY 30L and we both made our way down to our runways and touched down almost simultaneously. I have never had such a neat experience in MSFS!

Welcome to sunny San Jose! While I expected this flight to be quite boring due to the longer than usual flight (I usually do flights under 1:30hrs in the CRJ), the experience on this YVR-SJC flight was very neat, and the scenery into the Bay Area was spectacular. I’ll definetely consider flying back here in another flight, maybe into SFO with the FBW A32Nx!

10 Likes

Tried to buy dlc but nothing works.

How to fix! Please help

Wish Skunks would link the INS to our flight plans. Aside from that, I think I got the auto-pilot concept down. So, did a circuit from Edwards to my house and back to Edwards… Landings are the next thing to practice, though I did get down and stayed on the runway…

since this was a short flight, I jettisoned the tanks, but they just disappear, they don’t fly off - what plane was that?

I never turned off the gpu and they were waiting for me - so USAF professional.

8 Likes

Awesome and beautiful :smiley:

3 Likes

Von Gronau’s north atlantic crossing finished. :crazy_face:

After 42:53 hours and 3805 nm (spread over 11 real time days), started in Sylt/Germany, I reached Battery Park in New York 2 1/2 hours ahead of schedule.

Yes, I know I am crazy, but now I am preparing for the last Do J bush trip, the first Atlantic crossing from Spain to Buenos Aires. :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

US Ring of fire

Way back in 2008 my wife and I visited the Shakespeare festival in Ashland, Oregon via motorcycle. Particularly on the return ride from Ashland back to Vancouver, BC, I was struck by the dominant presence of some of the major volcanic mountains of the so-called “Pacific Ring of Fire” in Oregon and Washington State. So today I took a trip from the Crater Lake-Klamath Regional Airport (KLMT) outside Klamath Falls up north to Victoria on Vancouver Island. I planned the route to pass some of the major volcanic features along the way

First up: the incredible Crater Lake: a permanent lake in the caldera of Mount Mazama. The lake in the sim does not quite match the incredible blue colour of the water in real life but still something special

Next up: Mount Hood by Hood River: the border between Oregon & Washington State

Then: Mt. St. Helens, famous for its cataclysmic eruption in 1980 that blew away the top 1,300 feet of the mountain and most of the north and east side of the mountain

That was followed by Mt. Rainier. This is the tallest peak in the Cascades range: no Everest but at over 14,000 feet still nothing to sneeze at… By prominence this is the 21st highest mountain in the world. The last eruption was in 1894 and it is a volcano of very significant concern as the potential for destruction should it erupt is major.

The last “stop” was at Mount Baker. This one is sort of special for us in the Vancouver area because it is normally beautifully visible from just about everywhere in the area. Also quite a significant mountain at over 10,000 ft

Ended the flight by totally messing up the RNAV approach at Victoria…

7 Likes

Kohl’s, in Willow Grove.

I found where I bought my skate shoes I had, here in 2004 to better fit in /and get new shoes. I mistakenly thought this was where I went on my first evening in America when I was on earlier around 2 pm ish as pictured above.

I found where it was on Google and came back on to go to it.
Which actually fits better as this was also how bright it was when I went in 2001 off to Kohl’s that first night.

Pulling out.

It was out in a place not too far away called Landsdale, PA.

First thing I did in America after I landed when I first went out from that American homestead in Willow Grove;

Kohl’s in Lansdale, not Willow Grove.
Here’s where I went, the first thing I did in America.
‘My own personal Ellis Island’ - I took the liberty of marking it on the map for my own amusement.

I got to keep my own name, but I came in sweatpants and left in Levi’s. This is when I saw this little bratty brother and sister in the entrace here that night just being bratty and rude to each other, was the first time I saw real Americans in their own country not acting polite or mindful of being in another - here.
‘My Ellis Island’
I remember it was dark too by the time I got here.

This is also where I had my first dinner in America that night, in Applebee’s, Lansdale, PA.

Now, in 2001, I remember I went back to Horsham, to Blockbuster video, rented a video, got some snacks, and went back to Willow Grove and fell asleep after a long day after coming in from London Gatwick LGW/EGKK, but tonight I’m off to Center City in Philadelphia as the start of my tour on this North American Leg.

Droning around hunting Alpenglow :sunglasses: started out with a frozen Fjord… not quitered but near

Where’s my minutes slider… need it for this

(nice pic, but ended up in the Himalaya instead)

2 Likes

Old school - KUUU to KBID - it is scary to land. :grinning:

6 Likes

Flew the Junkers JU52 from BGQQ to Alert Canada in my Arctic route tried the ski version but I think I’d rather have wheels to break with instead of the ski configuration

1 Like

Portugal Bush Trip:

4 Likes

``

1 Like

3 Likes

I buzzed Philadelphia after I finished my in game work, and went down N. Broad Street retracing what I did when I first saw Center City 2001.

The start of my world tour with this North American Leg at The Liacouras Center/Temple University Friday night.
Tokyo Dome in Japan the other week was a warm for this tour and what NHK filmed to promote my world tour has since been bought by Apple Music from Amazon for £2, 000, 000.00 so that’s now NHK in partnership with Apple Music for that and I saw £0.00 of that money but I’ve still got my £8,000,000.00 from Tokyo and I’m still working with Amazon and my record label on this world tour which is letting me play for people across the world but there’s an extra £15,000,000.00 in it me for this, so that’s £23,000,000.00 all.

We set up the stage I took to Tokyo Dome in here in the week and had to do couple of soundchecks on that before I could go explore.

Was using The Temple Performing Arts Center down the street as practice space for this show in Philadephia before my stage was set up at The Liacouras Center.

But right now, I’m just touching base with Center City again retracing how I first went here before Hersheypark this Sunday.
My stage’ll be packed up and driven down to Hershey in the night and would be put up on Saturday, meanwhile, I’d be having a day off seeing Philadelphia again in the day before going to 102.9 WMKG Philly Rock Radio for an interview to reflect on Philadelphia and talk about this show after I had a telephone interview with them when I was back in Japan to promote my Philadelphia show and World Tour so they knew I was coming, I’d be going in today to give an interview and hang out at the station and talk about the rest of my shows in the tri-state area and Pennsylvania, and will make my way to Hershey in the day for soundcheck and show this Easter Sunday at Hersheypark.

Passed Temple on the left.

Saw murals.

2 Likes