What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Got to the end of the street as I did when I first came here that night to City Hall.

Only in real life this is all lit up, but I took a right here again towards the IRS Building.

That’s lit up in this game, but City Hall wasn’t.
Saw the IRS building.

Called it a night, went back to Willow Grove.

My Exit from coming from Center City/Philadelphia.

E-ZPass? Who needs an E-ZPass when you have a VoloCity Pass?

Left tonight from N. Broad Street at 11 pm, came back to Willow Grove around midnight.

'Night.

3 Likes

Whoops!

Had a nice flight from just outside Yokohama to Haneda at dusk. Beautiful. I love the Milviz Porter.

5 Likes

Sightseeing and radio interview today for my Saturday.

Philadelphia this morning around 11 am.

I forgot this was here… ‘The Ghostbuster’s Building’ Part of that movie was shot here and this building in Philadelphia played that building set in New York City in Ghostbusters (1984)

Gozer says
“no.”

The Liberty Bell, I touched it, again.
Independence Visitor Center

Independence Hall
I saw the room America was born in, again.

The Moshulu.

Then it was off to my interview.

102.9 WMGK Philly Rock Radio.

I said it was good to be there, and nice to finally meet everybody thanked those for coming out to the show last night and spoke about how wild the fans were and how I loved it. I got to nominate Willow Grove, 19090, PA as my American Hometown, apparently, Eric Clapton also nominated a place in Montgomery County as his American hometown, I said how I loved it there and Philadelphia, and spoke about my up and coming shows and this tour I was on, I also got to pick songs that influenced me for an hour and also spoke about how I’d listen to them/102.9 WMGK whenever I was in town.

For us that fly in 4K with decent 4K hardware it is such a pity that the forum only allows a max of 1920 x 1080 resolution images. It wasn’t like that in the beginning but I assume they got hammered with gazillions of large files so they implemented the limitation.

Did a low level IFR flight from Zurich LSZH to Geneva LSGG with an RNAV approach into runway 22 with the Bonanza today. And it was BEAUTIFUL!

At the IAF at SPR @ 7,000ft

This flight was held at the hold while I cleared the runway and then got takeoff clearance once I was off the runway: took off behind me.

An absolute joy: just loved every second!

6 Likes

Given the 1920 x 1080 limitation of the forum I decided to do a few 1920 x 1080 crops of some of the images I posted above to get a better idea of the detail/sharpness of the image in the sim

The level of detail should hopefully look better for those with HD monitors when the images are viewed full screen

Messing around with wind mills :smiley_cat: don’t try this at home

1 Like

it took me all day. Am a big fan thanks for this simulator, have so much fun my life has changed. I love Joerg and jayne

On my trip to Mount Etna with my FK9 Mark IV, I am now at LILQ (Aeroporto di Massa-Cinquale) after departing from Genoa (LIMJ).

I followed the coastline, using the various terrain features and ports as the main reference points. Fairly easy on a beautiful day like this.

I tried to check how much the FK9 matches the real Handbook. I think it’s not insanely off. Used the checklists as well, I’m not used to having a fuel pump so I did not know when to turn it off and on.

Following the coastline is the plan all the way up to Mount Etna.

Photo Book

Let’s go. Not to brag, but this is a previously saved flight loaded, WITH toolbar and weather options available:

Oh, some company! I never knew how many players were online because I never enabled those name tags before. I’m quite surprised.

Not sure what they’re doing though …

The port of Santa Margherita:

Chiavari and Lavagna separated by the river Entella:

Sestri Levante

Taking a beating from the turbulence when coming over the hills:

La Spezia behind Monte Castellana:

Isola Palmaria:

Here’s my backup field, LIQW (Sarzana-Luni) if LILQ would somehow not exist:

Oh no, the boats at Marina di Carrara are sinking! What are they sinking about?!

This field looks a bit off-roady:

Did a low pass first, then a tight and low ultralight circuit to land, wasn’t too bad in the end. Those mountains are looking inviting.

Simair:

https://simair.io/logbook/Monkfish/flight/66764

1 Like

flew from Alert Canada to BGMI in Greenland and experienced this arctic phenomenon while flying the Junkers JU52

3 Likes

Love the graffity

1 Like

I started the morning off on the right foot and enjoyed a flight from KDEN to KMSY in the FBW A320. The approach into New Orleans was great, then finished off the afternoon flying from KSEA to KPHX in the 787(with the heavy mod). It’s been a great Saturday, and it was fun to explore the showcase views during each flight.

4 Likes

Went back to Center City, Philadelphia (from Willow Grove via Norristown) and saw the sights and went to do this photoshoot.

It was sunset by the time we got here in 2004, and indeed tonight revisiting this place.
Ran up those stairs, again.
Saw the view of Philadelphia’s skyline from there, again.

Which between that and the moon, became my mission, to capture that skyline.

I had a fridge magnet from there that looked a lot like this shot.

Off to my photoshoot. Where I made it all dark and put a storm up for effect.

The Ghostbusters Building

Then set it back to live and went off to South Street.

Trying to get my VoloCity down there wasn’t happening, with all the trees; it was tighter than Tokyo, so I loved it from above.

Then went back to Willow Grove.

Snapping snapshots along the way.

‘That’s okay, you can photobomb me, you’re displaying the right airport so you only add to this shot of the Philadelphia Skyline’, whoever you are.

Going off to Hershey tomorrow/Easter Sunday to work and sight see.
Playing Hersheypark Stadium, and seeing the zoo and stuff before I get there for sound check, don’t want to be late. It’s chocolate day, right.

1 Like

1 Like

Happy Easter from Hershey, Pennsylvania!

I’ll be playing there later.
Hersheypark Stadium.

ZooAmerica, Hershey, PA

I wasn’t going to risk my VoloCity not working if I flew from Willow Grove to Harrisburg in my private jet NXX/KNXX - MTD/KMTD which has happened to me before; I’d use another type of aircraft and my VoloCity would be unusable for a day or two, couldn’t risk it, so I went by land and my private jet’s back in Willow Grove.

1 Like

My first reaction to today was:

I went with my tail in between my legs back to Willow Grove, where I had a newfound respect for the detail MSFS has there.

It being a Sunday, I went to the cinema, the only way I remember how, also, this brings back memories for me.

Even the cinema had more detail than Hershey.

1 Like

Why don’t you use an external image uploader like imgbb.com and copy/paste the links instead of using the internal one?

1 Like

Several posts have been removed. Stay on-topic. Thank you.

2 Likes

Embarrassingly enough I just did not think of that!

1 Like

Today i just did a plane spotting video in flight simulator. Very proud if it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4iS2fasd6A&t=40s

2 Likes

Yodel-Ay-Ee-Oooo!

Stalled and crashed on landing… looking for the runway and lost track of my RPMs. Funny how my confidence took a hit from a video game.

I wish Neofly would keep Pilatus in stock at Buochs lol!

6 Likes