What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Oh, is that what they are calling deployment of the emergency floats now?

Testing World Update IX

Cheers,
Nish

1 Like

Got some first impressions of WU 9:

Napoli

Paestum

Perugia

Cittadella

5 Likes

Dropped my plane off at EGNX earlier this week for a repaint

Before:

After:

1 Like

Pressed A to start 20 times and got CTD on series x after installing WU :smile:

3 Likes

I did the NHL East looser tour from KBOS to CYYZ in the MD82

Edit: The landing was cottage cheese.

3 Likes

In this fantasy world, the VIP may over-rule the Pilot-in-Command. :rofl:

1 Like

A short IFR hop on my lunch break, NZAR to NZHN using the WTT in bezel mod for the PMS GTN750 to allow my 310 to fly the full RNAV STAR, approach and missed approach :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Not the WU Italy update, just checking out some freeware and liveries the other day in NE Italy. I will have to do some new flight to see how WU9 may have changed things. I flew from Verona, into the Dolomite area, tried to use the action pack for the 145, but the creator had not made his livery for that, then, down to Venice and a landing at the hospital in Ravenna. It will be great to see the changes available today.

4 Likes

A Tour of Malta (World Update 9) in the Ercoupe:

5 Likes

I downloaded the new world update and now the game won’t even start so today I did NOTHING in MSFS :angry:

Flew up the coast of Washington State … two hour tour and everything worked AOK LOL???

3 Likes

Completed a flight from Kushiro to Tokyo Haneda on an A320, without CTD luckily.

1 Like

According to the screenshot, your approach speed was 100kn. That is way too fast for any landing. Approach speed for C172 is 65kn and 55kn on short final. And when runway is short, then use full flaps. Then stall speed is 40kn, so you can approach below 50kn.

2 Likes

Took the Savage Cub from KBUR (ORBX v2) for a tour of the region to the west of the Hollywood area. The LA mountains are gorgeous, and every inch of LA is covered in photogrammetric love. Landed in a field someplace just short of Oxnard, took a short break, then back to KBUR. The new KBUR v2 is nice, and a lot less janky for me. I concluded my journey by taxiing through the arrivals area of the terminal. Anyone need a ride?!?!?!

2 Likes

4 Likes

I can exactly tell you what I did today in MSFS: I enjoyed the loading screen until it crashed. It is very relaxing to watch this. No stress no hard landings - just a loading screen and a ctd every time I start Microsoft Flight Sinulator. I just wished I hadn’t turned off the music. The music would make this experience multimedia. Could you please add a fireplace to the loading screen and stop the ctds? I love fireplaces but it needs those fire sound effects.

Time to play girlfriend 2020 rather than using a Microsoft product.

Xbox msfs turned off for the rest of the day. Time to invest in girlfriend 2020 I guess.

3 Likes

EGNX to EHGG

Approaching Dutch coast

Over Amsterdam, the sky was busy here

At Groningen (EHGG)

3 Likes

Moved the FK9 closer to mount Etna in my second to last leg from LICA to LICR.

Uneventful flight. Looks like the Italy scenery was just in time for my Mount Etna arrival.

One notable event: I got my first visual of Mount Etna, my destination. I came all the way from Belgium in the FK9. It’s about time.

Photo Book

Given my previous arrival in complete darkness, I can finally see where I was parked:

Once again easy navigation via the coast:

My first glimpse of mount Etna!

A picture along the way:

Beautiful bridge here near Scilla:

But funky stuff over here:

And … that’s that:

Simair: SimAir.io

2 Likes