Lining up at WIII :smile:

Away :mask:

Cruise :yum:

ILS line up :hugs:

Ride the slope :cowboy_hat_face:

Maybe I trek the hills later :smile:

Arrive :smile:

Gate park. Well that was fun. Return trip next :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks to Microsoft, to Asobo for this amazing game. It remains an amazing technical achievement. Thanks also to all 3rd party livery painters, scenery creators and cloud preset uploaders.

That is a great shot, the spirit of bush flight and camping captured there.

Excellent job, almost gives that new plane smell!

8 Likes

Zillniazi17
Little NavMap and FS2020 are installed together on a PC

One thing I like about LNM is that it highlights terrain contours.

Set up flight sim first. Enter the airport code 2S7 in the FROM and TO panel for the Chiloquin State Airport… Enter the RWY info as shown and press the FLY button.
The aircraft (Aviat Pitts Special S-2S) should be positioned and ready for take off on RWY 35.
I used only a flight stick, throttle and trim control to maintain aircraft altitude and direction. Reference panel illustrations below.

Open and set up Little NavMap “New Flight Plan from Route Description” as shown below.
Little NavMap will track your flight from takeoff RWY 35 and return to land RWY 17.

During your flight, you will need to toggle between Little NavMap and your flight as indicated by the icons in the system tray shown below. With the trim set for level flight, switching between your flight and LNM is quite simple to check your flight progress
Hope this helps. Ron

4 Likes

Nice tutorial, specially for the newbies. LNM is absolutely amazing. A true gift to the community.

1 Like

Completed my 32nd leg of my cross-Canada-down-the-east-coast-to-the-American-west-and-then-to-Oshkosh-and-back-to-the-Canadian-west-coast trip (I have to find a shorter name for this adventure!). I flew from New Orleans (KMSY) to Houston (KEFD) in my Carenado PA 44-180 Seminole @ 12,000 and 152kt (ground speed). Nice day on the gulf coast.

Tomorrow will be Houston (KEFD) to Abilene (KABI) and then maybe to Roswell NM (KROW) if I have time.

Here are some pix of my flight, KMSY - KEFD.

3 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to elaborate on all of this.

1 Like

The second flight with an Airbus.
Edinburgh to Glasgow with the superior and perfect Fenix Airbus.

This airplane is so much better and more high-tech than the Boeing 737 that it feels like two different worlds.
But it´s banking like it was an F-16, and I don´t know where the switch to choose a different bank angle is.
Good thing is she is really flying along the tight turns as well when banking this steep.

The flight management computer is so much better than in a Boeing!

No V1 rotate callouts, maybe I have to activate these somewhere… When zooming fully back while starting I cannot read the ultra-tiny (when fully zoomed out way smaller than half 1mm size) speedometer gauge anymore that´s why I would really appreciate a “rotate” callout!

Up she goes.

The Fenix Airbus is the BEST flying airliner I ever had, it flies like a dream 100% stable and predictable, and the navigation systems are absolut superior. I didn´t know how to handle the autopilot because it´s absolute different than Boeing but she was not only following the route - but made computer-controlled turns over the runway and aligned herself to the runway on her own, controlled by ultimate eighties microprocessing power!
I don´t know yet how to make her autoland and how ILS functions in an Airbus, that´s why I landed her by hand.

Landing the Fenix Airbus is an absolute dream, it is as smooth and easy like a middle-sized Cessna!
This fly-by-wire aircraft handling is absolute superior and no one is sitting in a Boeing anymore when having flown a superior Airbus once!
But I was way too high and too fast but too lazy for a third approach that´s why I challenged my luck and tried to land even after half the runway already behind the tail rudder when touching-down, and I love how realistic long these old CFM-engines need to spool up until the thrust reverser kicks in.
But with autobrake max, spoilers up and full thrust reverser she managed to come to a halt even with being almost fully loaded with fuel and cargo!
But it was close…

It was my second airliner flight so I don´t know yet how to align to this air bridge or passenger bridge (or whatever it is called). It should have been the middle line I guess…? :smiley:

Hm whatever there are also ladders available…

A PERFECT flight with the best and most safe and sophisticated airliner ever created, the A320.
Flight dynamics and handling is absolute superior, and now with basic knowledge about the FMC and autopilot I am no longer afraid of flying at night or in full IFR cloud rain and fog Cat II miew miew conditions, because even without having ILS autoland knowledge yet this dream of a plane will at least bring me to the runway and align to it perfectly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This morning running the beta I was running at 23fps and I saw this:

Later in the day turned on dx12 and started out in charlotte douglas, and as I sat there I marveled in the fact that there was actually thunder and lightning happening in front of me, check fps its at 16, launch turn to the North and thunder and lightning persisted (and looked pretty decent as well) but 5 min into the flight, the fps started the crawl 16 10 4…I quit set it back to dx 11 and the frames were at 18, except now while the weather was still there, there was no thunder or lightning in the sim. Flew about 30 min N into the heart of the storm and still no thunder and lightning to be seen. So I guess it T&L only working in dx12??

2 Likes

But what are those thoughts?!

We need to know what CATSIM thinks…

3 Likes

Its not what catsim thinks it what dogsim tells him to think? ;p

Impossible landing at the Shortest Commercial Airstrip in the World!

Saba (Netherlands) is a five-square-mile island located in the northeastern Caribbean Sea, 28 miles southwest of its international hub St. Maarten, a 12-minute flight or 90-minute ferry ride away.

The runway at Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport is only 400m in length and is reputed to be the shortest commercial airstrip in the world! Depending on wind conditions it is possible to land on both ends of the runway. On a wind-still day (which is less likely) you can expect a 30 landing. You’ll get the real sense of landing on an aircraft carrier as you’ll see the waters of Cove Bay to the left and the Caribbean sea to the right of the runway… Under normal conditions you’ll be landing 12, now this is something else! The approach is practically at a cliff, the rugged terrain of Saba blocks out the entire sky as you peer over the shoulders of your pilots. Then it’s a sharp bank left and a gentle touchdown.

2 Likes

Flew the BAE 146 300 from VECC to ZPPP

1 Like

Took a trip around Guam in the 152.

2 Likes

I had a flawless flight from CYQG to CYTR and then back again but slightly different route with the Beechcraft D18S.

10 Likes

I flew the F-15 up to 134470 feet today and let it soar to mach 4. Fun.

1 Like

Nothing too special today, but I took the PMDG 737-700 out of a rainy, messy KDCA down to KATL.

4 Likes

Another fantastic evening flight with the Stearman.

5 Likes

What add on are you using for the emergency sceneries and people?

1 Like

Well, this one was the stock emergency mod, ‘action pack’ you buy separately for the payware HYPE Airbus H-145. There is a free generator mod at HPG H145 Accident Anywhere MissionPack » Microsoft Flight Simulator. Both work with updated H-145 liveries. Old liveries will not give you all the functions and you need the Action Pack - hoist, gurney, fire bucket.

There are also many freeware mods for specific areas - France, Germany, UK.

Happy simming!

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like