What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Haven’t flown in the Santiago area since FSX days. MSFS 2020 scenery is far superior, but I forgot how foggy the area can be this time of year. This was my third attempt getting out of SCEL as lag made things unmanageable. Why here? All the mods (helipads) and the latinvfr are up to date. Did a long flight up to the Droide’s telescopes, with tolerable lag - SCEL-SCLL (Vallenar). Default terrain looked nice, but South America needs the love Europe and Japan have got. Lag got worse at the final airport so could not land where I wanted. Growing pains.

5 Likes

I achieved my first 1000 flying hours in MSFS2020.

15 Likes

Planned flight from Batten (KRAC) to Goshen (KGSH). When flying below Chicago class B airspace, I could se there is heavy traffic around Chicago O’Hare airport.

Also the weather was not nice for VFR.

In the end I had to land at Michigan City (KMGC) and couldn’t continue to my destination.

8 Likes

I flew northward from Castelo Branco (LPCB) first to Porto Francisco Sa Carneiro (LPPR) then to A Coruna (LECO)

I saw more than one mountain range packed with wind turbines, they look really cool in the sim

Never been to Portugal, but it sure is densely populated, hardly a patch of land without houses

Had some time on final to appreciate how big Porto is

After all that serious sightseeing it was time for some low and fast…

… and upside down cloud watching

I was looking my eyes out finding the airport, but when I found it, it felt like finding some kind of a treasure. Awesome airport, gonna take some slower aircraft and have a look around.

4 Likes

As promised I took a slower aircraft to look around A Coruna (LECO) airport and the city:

Though a lot slower than the Albatros, the DA62 still was rather too fast for the job, luckily I had the right stuff around

The Solo took of nearly instantly from the runway, took 10.5 minutes to make a nice circle around the airport and landed just as short.

I love how this airport partially over its surroundings, yet not totally. The GA parking is below a small hilljust beside it.

3 Likes

Every time you post that L-39 it makes me want it. :joy:

I can only recommend it. The Albatros and the Solo are my only two purchased planes, so I’m not much of an authority on the issue, but it really looks cool, works really well and is the perfect around the world tourer :grinning:

I was considering buying the whole jet class from the Reno pack, but ended up buying only the Drop Bear with its glass cockpit. I admit, that the others look even better, but navigation and autopilot make this one the choice for touring.

2 Likes

Took the Darkstar up for a quick flight. Then tried out the updated F-16.

3 Likes

Explored the area around Bilbao in Northern Spain. Nice place to fly.

6 Likes

Went around Bhojpur in Nepal and witnessed terraced fields in the Himalayas…

Took Bunny back up over the skies of Oshkosh.

4 Likes

I learned that it impossible (for me) to land the TBM at 165kts crosswind :wink:

Funny anomalie at the atacana desert. Everything fine on approach to aeropuerto de ventilla down to 300 (or so) feet with 8kts headwind, but then the wind switched to insane 155-165 kts from changeing directions, awesome drift, crash.

3 Likes

Just finished by first proper flight in the PMDG 737 in Ryanair livery and wow its now giving me a hard choice between what I want to fly, this or the flybywire a32nx. Flew from Liverpool airport England to Zurich Switzerland. Really enjoyed my first night flight, came down slightly hard when I landed noticed I had a tire failure on the FMC. So that gives me a reason to call it a night on the sim, can’t do a return flight with a tire failure lol

1 Like

Played Philadelphia experiment:

Later after they dug us out of cockpit, we went on a bit of a tour along the shores of Lake Erie:

The Last flight in the DA was strange, su 10 beta, the wind started as 20 knt wind on take off, and just started to accelerate from there, the 20 knt wind grew to 110 knt wind at 200’ AGL. It got to the point where I had to turn off live weather or be blown back from which whence I came.

2 Likes

My second day running the Amazon. Started near the headwaters at SPQT. The Amazon is nothing like what you see in movies and TV. They always show it as dark, narrow, tree covered and gloomy. Some of the small feeder rivers may be, but certainly not Amazon. In many places it appears to be a mile wide or more. Have to be careful. Cruising ALT was set at 700, but I was flying at 400’ AGL and less most of the time over land.

2 Likes

Similar experience at TNCM earlier.

Take off from Port Hedland

Landing at Broome

5 Likes

Quick flight from Ljubljana to Vienna in Mig-21

1 Like

Virgin Australia (VOZ) run a few A320’s out of Perth (YPPH) so I flew to Broome (YBRM). Amazing desert country in Western Australia check it out.

2 Likes

Explored Pamplona and region in northern Spain. Nice area:-

2 Likes