What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Flew a late night twin otter flight from Detroit metro to Beaver Island harbor because I was using the float plane model with the landing gear

2 Likes

Modified a few details in the Airbus cockpit.

The panel with the AIDS and DFDR event button had the labels and the divider light stripes not perfectly centered, so I tried my best but there is only a very limited space for these labels - or they are no longer illuminated.
There was nothing I could do for centering the light stripes (they simply disappeared when moving them a few millimeters to the left) - but the AIDS label could be centered with a small trick: Having a part of the letter A no longer illuminated could not be avoided, but camouflaging this visual bug by making it look like dirt caused the problem, solved the texture problem… :smiley:

I love these details, like how some panels (in this case the weather radar control panel) were clearly taken out of older Airbusses and mounted in this A320 here.

But after some overthinking I have decided not to make any of the Airbus panels more weathered or dirty-looking because the Fenix already looks absolut PERFECT like it is.

2 Likes

Stormy day over the Caribbean - reposition flight St. Barts (TFFJ) to San Juan P.R. (TJSJ)

7 Likes

Clear skies… Carenado YMF-5 under Delaware memorial bridge near Wilmington International Airport

Nearby on the other side of the river there’s a nice airfield for Kitfox, it is called Rainbow’s end

Landing logged 1, but a little bit off track (vicinity)

3 Likes

Night flight from Barcelona (LEBL) to Gibraltar (LXGB).

4 Likes

I, uh, forgot to lower my landing gear.

12 Likes

I love offshore sailing and I “climbed the sailors’ Mt Everest” by rounding Cape Horn… in the TBM

2 Likes

Flew from KBFL Bakersfield to KBUR Burbank, via VORs with Flight Following on PilotEdge, in a full-motion rig, in VR.

As real as it gets.

Edit: Using ForeFlight :wink::+1:

5 Likes

Ksts is a fun airport to fly out of

13 Likes

Looks awesome. If only VR looked this good

Tried to fly in the Caribbean but there was a strong wind from the south and most of the runways are east-west. Turns out that in MSFS if the wind is 12+ knots from the side it’s impossible to not veer off to the left or right when taking off, even with full rudder deflection.

1 Like

Got my class B certification in Neofly then transported a really weird pair in Sveetzerlünd

2 Likes

Le Touquet-Duxford (1hr-30min on a 152)

Baie de Canche (Canche Bay)

Leaving France, Cape Blanc-Nez, a heavily-shelled place during WWII

White Cliffs of Dover

Rochester Airport

Where Lewis Hamilton was born, Stevenage

Duxford Airfield

8 Likes

Flew from OIZH-Iran to OPKC Pakistan. Got my Co-Pilot some new blue-grey shades to replace the awful brown things Asobo gave her.

5 Likes

Did a flight from Cairo HECA Egypt to Larnaca LCLK Cyprus, in PMDG’s 737-700 Egyptair livery (granted Egyptair have never operated the 737-700) I also learned how to use VNav to descend rather than doing it manually

1 Like

2nd leg, Duxford-Compton Abbas which was, basically, avoiding showers here and there.

Stonehenge

Salisbury and its Cathedral

On final, to Compton Abbas Airfield

10 Likes

I figured out crosswind landings. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Flew United Airlines flight 491 from KSFO (San Francisco CA) to KJAC (Jackson Hole WY)

Very gusty departure out of the bay, once cruising altitude (FL370) was reached it was smooth sailing from there.

2 Likes

Gloomy day in NYC.

11 Likes