What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Nothing. I can’t log in :sob:

1 Like

Grounded…

1 - During the weekend MSFS started but no connection to XBOX ( I guess it was some problem with “MS gaming services”) had to wait for a Windows gaming service update.

2 - Flown a bit on wednesday , but aircrafts are hovering all over the runway.

3 - Yesterday I couldn’t log in to Xbox…

1 Like

Take off from Bordeaux. Still love this game

2 Likes

Odd day yesterday. First no log in to xbox live, 3 restarts later I got in, logging in twice during loading. On take off just before rotate, huge box on screen, connection lost, plane gets pushed off the runway by the wind behind the dialog box.

I get in the air, connection lost box keeps popping up for about an hour then it seems the server problems are over. Yet the handling of the plane feels off and sometimes it refuses to turn. Is my flight stick malfunctioning? No clue, sometimes it won’t bank right, re-center the stick try again, now it banks right. Intermittently the plane seems to have a mind of its own and won’t listen to my inputs.

Next over Melbourne, fps tanks, sim starts stuttering more and more to a 60+ seconds freeze

Somehow the manipulators thread is causing frequent pauses with little burst of more regular fps in between. Manipulators is all red. And then after leaving Melbourne it completely goes away, smooth fps again.

Next, what is going on with drag. Sometimes I can land normally, other times the plane will not slow down. Despite max flaps, zero throttle, level flight, it stays above 100 knots. I have to force it on the runway to brake with the wheels using the elevators as spoilers, race car style.

Despite all that, an amazing flight over Tasmania, first time I’ve seen water masks in the game.

Just weird, handling was very off last night. The sim had a sick day.

6 Likes

I put together some Real GA operations videos, and flew on Vatsim in the A320…and didn’t crash! If you’re interested in doing some landaways, circuits, how trim works or how to get started on vatsim have a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

I started to complete one of the more “cumbersome” achievements that also bears some boredom potential. That is, complete a 300nm flight with all planes in the standard edition. Well, with many of the planes that’s like a 1-2h flight on autopilot that can easily be done.
But then there are these particularly slow planes w/o autopilot. Due to the global and local situation around the pandemic, I spend most of my days sitting at home with my main 4k monitor connected to my office notebook, while my private PC is running on mysecond monitor. So this week I started to let these planes fly on their own at >5kft for hours, carefully adjusting their speed and trim and helping them with a considerable tailwind.
Like this morning, the ICON A5 flew from Istanbul to Sevastopol (Belbek), with a 15kts tailwind (achieved a speed over ground of 108kts, more wind made it too unstable), and right now the Cessna 152 is flying from a slightly more western airfield on the Crimean to Sotchi with a 30kts tailwind (>125kts over ground).
Earlier this week I already did the same with the Zlin, but with headwind - was the first flight and I didn’t pay attention to the wind.
Next day i did another flight with the second Zlin - just to realize after completion that this plane is not part of the standard edition and doesn’t count toward the achievement - d’oh…
Time accelleration didn’t work - or I was in a wrong plane again, which would be another nice d’oh moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely flight from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town, landing on 19. Great scenery on the approach:

4 Likes

Moldova to Budapest today.

4 Likes

Moon over Innsbruck, Vancouver, and San Diego (checking out new airports)

Uploading: 2021-02-26 18_28_27-Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.13.16.0.jpg…

3 Likes

I flew from KMGW to KMYR…over some of the best of West Virginia, at 8,000 ASL.

IFR under REAL WEATHER. Superb in the D62!

1 Like

I was torn… go and sit in my favorite car park (smudges in pic below) and watch planes irl or fly in the sim. Went one better… flew in the sim and THEN sat there :slight_smile:

Gold Coast to Sydney then on to Melbourne (A320Neo)

It has got to be one of the better spots to watch planes. You really don’t get how close they really are in the pics. The smudges at bottom of pic are all the parked cars. A coffee and snacks van has even started turning up irl - not quite as close as the famous French beach landing… but it is pretty close, especially when those heavies come in.

IRL form ground level you can’t quite see the lights as it is slightly elevated compared to the viewing area, but a bit past the threshold of RWY16 is a beeutiful view up the rwy… with undulations that look just like that.

YMML RWY34

3 Likes

closed it and went back to warzone because the servers are down

1 Like

Spot a double rainbow in Madagascar

3 Likes

Flew around the Lake District, England with the Cessna Caravan.

3 Likes

My XCub world tour continues, though I’ve been delayed a lot by the weather. Having got to New Zealand, I’m now backtracking towards PNG, so I can follow the Pacific Rim north before heading for the Aleutians and North America. My last leg took me from the Solomons to Bougainville, in rather iffy conditions…

(Yes, I should have noticed the ‘fuel imbalance’ warning earlier, though I think it comes on quite some time before it actually gets to be an issue. And yes, that isn’t proper VFR flying)

1 Like

…and then, sometimes, it blows you away again…

URSS - UBBB, live weather

The purple haze was much more intensive in VR as well as the full moon looks incredible but there is, unfortunately, no screenshot option in VR.

3 Likes

Late afternoon flight over Dover.

9 Likes

Venice to Portoroz in a Turbo Cessna 182.

1 Like

I’ve been practicing a ferry flight from California to Massachusetts. Weather’s been great so far. I’ve gotten to Topeka Kansas. 2 more legs to go.

6 Likes