What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Traveling to Time + Tide in Madagascar using Live Weather in game. Looks great but in real life using REx there were more up close clouds.

3 Likes

Because of ctds landing in EDDK in the latest time, today am am transferring my fleet (C172, Ovation, Seminole, TBM930 and A320 to Dusseldorf. Having a great time!

2 Likes

Completed another leg of at @Joburgal trip “The Long way Down In Reverse”
A challenging leg with less than favourable VRF conditions, forcing us to fly low in the gorge following the Zambezi to stay in view of the surface, but good fun and we all made the leg in one piece :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

yesterday I did more OnAir jobs with the 787-10

LFOK to DAAQ
DAAQ to LEAM
LEAM to EGSS
EGSS to LFOK
LFOK to DAAQ
DAAQ to LEAM
LEAM to EGSS

2 Likes

CJ4 on the Jacko/09 ILS for London City

4 Likes

EDDL is better than EDDK anyway

My heart is Cologne, but my youth is LTU, and LTU is Düsseldorf. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did nothing but I finally did the flight in real life that I had practiced in MSFS a few times (see earlier post).

Apart from the less visible wind turbines I have to say that in general everything looks very much the same IRL and in MSFS. Everythig was where I expected it to be, and it looked similar from a distance or up close.

I’ve always felt things look further away in a simulator than in real life, and I still have that. I don’t know why that is. IRL everything just looks like it’s right there and I don’t have that with a simulator - same altitude.

One thing MSFS doesn’t simulate, a thick dust layer limiting visibility to the horizon.

Another thing: keeping my eyes peeled for other traffic on a busy sunday afternoon.

I remember one of the promo video’s said you could “fly VFR everywhere in the world”. I felt that was a bold claim to make, but I feel now like that is true. At least it is for the area that I know.

4 Likes

First A320 flight ever. Used the mod. Mixed results. Plane got there, but there were several times it veered inexplicably, then recovered. I’ve a bit to learn to make this work right. FMC controlled decent for one thing.

RJCC-RJGG

2 Likes

What did I do in MSFS today, well let me tell you.
I did absolutely Sweet B%**@r All and have done so for the past four days because the blasted thing keeps crashing at the READY TO FLY SCREEN.
My help desk son-in-law got it working for me early last week and that lasted for three days before the thing got a mind of it’s own and went back to crashing. He tried many things again today for me but, no joy, so in the last 12 days I had 3 days of the sim working.
So, glad that a lot of you can enjoy flight simming but, I am so PO’d with this thing.
I have spent nearly 5K AUD on a new rig and Honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant on saitek combat pedals and other bits and pieces and it is sitting here being absolutely useless.
Now waiting for the update this week to see if that goes any way to getting it to work works.
Well that my rant, going to go have a scotch and soda.
May you have, clear skies, fair winds and happy landings.
Cheers

1 Like

I have uninstalled it…Over it since last Thursday, No update, no avatar, no marketplace, no live weather, 787 and Longitude missing…so it’s gone. Incredibly annoyed…

Flew from Cyprus to Santorini, landed there, got drunk with ouzo at a local pub and couldn’t fly any more…

6 Likes

Did some more OnAir cargo runs.

first some runs in the A320:
EGSS to LFMI (LFMI doesn’t exist in MSFS however the area is smooth enough to land, as it is one of the “removed” places and you can make out where it would be by the slightly darker shaded rectangular area that would contain the runways and taxiways).
LFMI to DAUL
DAUL to LFMT
LFMT to EGSS

Then switched to the 787-10 for a flight from EGSS to OIAA (Southern Iraq) which will be the starting point for the next leg later today once I have been to bed when I head over to Spain.

1 Like

Landed in Madrid in the FBWA320. Beautiful landing at minimums was very rainy. Never flew into the airport before didn’t realise how huge it is a very nice looking airport!

Tomorrow I’ll do a few hops around Japan in ANA/Peach livery.

1 Like

It has to do with your zoom level. Because a typical screen is so “thin”, we tend to zoom out so we get a wider view. This of course makes things look further away.

Your best bet when flying is to set a zoom at 1:1, IOW, zoom almost all the way in, or rather, set it so the zoom looks proper. In FSX, that was a zoom of 1 (I used to use 0.9). Since you’ll now feel claustrophobic since you’ll lose the width of your view, the best way to do this is to use a TrackIR so you can look around. That or use a 3 screen setup. The problem with a 3 screen setup is the warping MSFS adds in to the outside panels. You can alleviate that a bit by turning off the screen warping or whatever it’s called in the graphics option. I also turn off the silly delay while turning thing. I don’t know why people like that, but, that’s a personal thing.

Personally, I use a 55" screen (LG 55UN7300 $379 at Costco) so things are nearly life size, or bigger :slight_smile: . And I’m happy enough using the mouse to pan around. A bit of a pain, but, works; I need to upgrade my TrackIR as the v4 I have is very susceptible to screwing because of the windows behind and beside me, even with the shades shut.

1 Like

RJGG-RJFF. Another test flight of the FBW A320… regular ILS approach (RNAV no available on the mod).

3 Likes

Testing the new XCub amphibian mod: :sunglasses:

A long video, but it’s nice scenery even on a gloomy March day.

Download the Bush League Legends XCub amphibian mod from here:
https://www.bushleaguelegends.com/addons/msfs/msfs-aircraft

1 Like

We had two blackouts in Sunland on a rainy and windy day. No point in flying. Did buy Rex Weather Force, will test that out now that mother nature has settled down.

Flew the 787 from Montreal to London Gatwick

7 Likes

How did you manage to get your fuel switches pressed on. Doesn’t seem to work for me and the engines shut down too. You have a suggestion?