What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Guided tour of the Junkers F13 here, the worlds first all metal plane, and continuing my journey through aviation history.
I try to fly and navigate as the original was built, here I flew from Cologne to Düsseldorf following the Rhine.

I had a garden shed once made out of a similar material, looks like corrugated tin.

The attention to detail is incredible

There is a more modern glass cockpit version, but why would you want to fly that in a period plane? Again, the steam gauge detail is fantastic.

Really like the cables attached to the steering wheel for ailerons presumably.

With the size of the wings, the plane floats. It’s off like a STOL and I end up cutting the mixture whilst airborne to get it down.

Not even halfway down the runway and look at the altitude gained already. (I took off from the grass on the right of the runway)

1919, and they’ve finally got an enclosed passenger area for a little warmth….don’t forget, every 1000’ gained is a loss of 2 degrees C

Not so for the hapless Pilot, open cockpit (windshield at least), but shivering time again. At a ground temp of 20 C at 10,000’ that is zero….+ wind chill.
1215 AD saw glass windows in churches and castles….700 years later and not in the cockpit!
(I think they needed a Union)

Really good fun aircraft. A little quick on take off, and you need the M1 as a landing strip. Cut the mixture and hit the brakes.

8 Likes