What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Yes!!! Way to rock the Darkstar!! Gonna have to get back in that baby, nothing quite like tryin to fly into space!!!

1 Like

Rainbows amongst the rain clouds

8 Likes

I flew in taiwan from taipei to Tainan in the south

9 Likes

Went to Bali

10 Likes

That is just gorgeous: will have to go there!

3 Likes

Tommorow, my wife and I are flying from Shermetovo, (UUEE) to Mineralnye Vody (URMM) and we’re going to stay in a nearby city, Yessentuki, for a couple of weeks.

Since there’s a nearby grass strip, I decided to fly from Mineralnye Vody to there and try landing.

Off in the distance above the left wing you can see Mt. Elbrus

Here’s a view out of the cockpit window:

I didn’t get any pictures of the airport, (a small grass strip kind-of thing), because I was too busy trying to find it! (I kept passing over it and never saw it. . .)

Finally I get on the ground, and I’m waiting for the limousine to take my wife and I to our hotel.
(And if you believe that one, boy do I have a bridge to sell you!)

7 Likes
2 Likes

Flew from Saglek (CYSV) across the Labrador Sea to Paamiut (BGPT). At 440 nautical miles, this will be the longest single leg of my round the world trip. The scenery is TL Creation’s Paamiut Airport (BGPT Paamiut Greenland for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS).

10 Likes

Another day coming to an end over the Okavango Delta, Botswana

9 Likes

LAX-ZGGG Los Angeles to Guangzhou over Japan catching the beginning of the sunrise.

4 Likes

New York City, U.S.A.

5 Likes

S.S. Klondike, White Horse, Yukon, Canada

7 Likes

Windsor Castle, London, England, in the wee hours of the morning

5 Likes

I need to map screen shot on my throttle :frowning:

Anyway, I did formation flying in the CowanSim MD-500e with a Savage Cub out of LAX.

1 Like

Papua-Newguinea again. A bit of a rough landing, underestimated the little crest at the start of the runway. Bounced up again about the height of a wheel, but got down safely. – Got to a stop at about 40% of this 1500 ft runway. :+1:t2:

15 Likes

After @SanderCohen7’s recent lovely images of his Vieques---->Culebra---->St. Thomas trip I just had to go fly there. Decided to use the Beaver as I wanted to land on the water. Some images:

I finally landed on the water next to a small island off the coast from TIST on St. Thomas island, dropped the gear after landing and taxied onto the island. I looked for it on Google Maps afterwards: it turns out to be Flat Cay and Little Flat Cay (for whatever that is worth…)

Nice view from the parking spot :smile:

14 Likes

Broke the Carenado Skymaster out of mothballs… The interior is very tactile and you can feel the oscillating vibrations of those twin push-pull props in the sounds. Remains my favorite of the twin props, despite (because of?) its unconventional configuration!

Landing at Corona Municipal (KAJO) in the late afternoon; I’m quite happy with this one, came in just over stall speed and just settled gentle onto the runway. chef’s kiss

6 Likes

Fifth leg on my golfing trip around New Zealand.

NZWS Westport to NZHK Hokitika straight down the coast.

I was quite surprised to see these trees growing in the sea at Hokitika, I’ve not seen them there IRL although to be fair it’s been a long time since I visited Hokitika. They’re not mangroves so must be some species of salt water tree I’ve never heard of.

Sixth leg from NZHK to NZMF Milford Sound, straight down the coast.

Turn left at the entry to Milford Sound, then just follow the water.

On the approach plate I found it is mandatory to get a landing permit for NZMF. I didn’t find an option for this in MSFS so I just decided to turn up, seems I got away with it.

11 Likes

After reading all the hate the Twin Otter gets in its thread I felt a strong urge to fly this awesome aircraft again. Since I’m off work I can finally fly the Kathmandu-Lukla route in day time so that’s what I did, with the Tara Air livery.

15 Likes

Hawaiian MD-81 island hopping flight. PHNL-PHOG-PHKO-PHOG-PHNL

6 Likes