What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

@Jimrh1993

Ooooh! I like that idea!

If I plan it right I can hit both South America and Africa on the same tour! Now the gears are turning, haha! Awesome!

Excellent suggestion!

Thanks!

3 Likes

Flew LXGB-EGLL in the 737-900er…. That was fun…

3 Likes

A African Bush Trip in JPLogistics Cessna 152.
King Shaka Intl to Morocco. Roughly 6,700 miles.

Pilots (Captain’s) Log

Day 2
Keetshoop to Okaukuejo Airport 556 miles.

I woke up this morning with a bad hangover.
Taking up an offer of a drink from a Australian bush pilot whose over here doing some contract work for some company in Cape Town, flying engine parts to small towns, and at this point in time, on a 4 day leave, was a big mistake!
By could that guy drink!
So I caught a taxi back to the airport with a box that I drunkenly offered to deliver for him as it was on my planned route.

Back at my plane I did all my checks and fired her up. Even though she’s an old bird, she still has a nice purr to her voice.

Let the flight commence…
Nice headwind today so rotation was quick but made my old gal struggle to stay at 80 knots.

After coming on what seemed like 15 minutes I finally got to my chosen alt of 8,000ft.
With the old gal pointing in the right direction, and all the readings on the instruments looking good, I
engaged the autopilot.
Now I could sit back and enjoy this harsh, yet beautiful part of the world.

On this leg (approx 297miles). I was headed for Hosea Kutako Intl where I stopped for lunch and to take on fuel.

At 210 miles into the leg I began my approach for Veronica Airfield where I was to drop of these engine parts.

At least today the crosswinds were at a minimum.
Lined up nicely. Come on my old gal you can do it!

After handing over the box of engine parts I decided to take a break for an hour to have a nap and check my route.
One of the ground crew was good enough to give me a couple of jerry cans of fuel to top up the tanks.

Right, now feeling refreshed and my hangover finally gone, it was time to hit the skies and head for
Hosea Kutako to complete this leg.

From Veronica to Hosea is around 83 miles, so is a relatively short hop in this leg of the flight.

There’s Life Out There!
Finally Hosea was in view, and permission to land on 26 granted, I made my approach.
The crosswinds were back!

Just managing to hit the centre line, though I have to admit, It wasn’t a gentle landing.

Once I had taxied to a parking spot I radioed for the fuel truck then shut the plane down.
Then I spent 30mins checking for damage.
When I had finished I headed to the main terminal to present my travel documents.
By those people are slow!

Leg 2.
With the paperwork done I headed back to the plane and fired her up for the final leg.
Hosea to Okaukuejo, a distance of 256 miles.
Right let’s get this bird in the air…

Throttling up I headed down the runway. Fighting the crosswind all the way.
Slowly pulling back the stick and I was once again airborne.

Once I cleared the runway I pulled the nose round and headed North then hit the autopilot.
Even with autopilot, with this old girl you can’t relax until she’s up to the chosen cruise alt’.
But once she was back up to 8,000ft It was time to relax, sit back and enjoy the ride.

When flying over what appears to be a flat landscape, It’s great to see a few mountains to break it up.
It’s weird flying over somewhere that’s so isolated. Even the radio chatter is non-existent out here.
I really dread having to make an emergency landing out here!

Finally I can feel at ease as a large town that has built up around a small lake comes into view.

Two days into my Epic Bush Trip, and the views are spectacular!
549 miles on my destination is in view, I take one last look at the view that has become a passing part of this journey…

… and finally make my landing.
Day 2 complete.
With my tent pitched, I settled down for another night under a incredible sky, and set about planning tomorrows journey!

To be continued…

My Epic 6,700 mile African Bush Trip continues here> My Epic 6,700 mile African Bush Trip

15 Likes

started my day leaving KIAD by night to reach west virginia, then ticked the Kentucky and Tennessee in my USA tour

as expected I met few degradation

KBKW

then during my aftermoon, I did two livery conversion from the “Humanitarian Wing” missions (distributed by Orbx) to make them working on the analog caravan :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Air Force One, ready for take-off - real-time, real-weather, Las Vegas

14 Likes

Don’t forget to check out the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia and the Great Smoky mountains in North Carolina.

Spectacular views!

5 Likes

I flew the new B747-8i from KPDX to KSEA and did a LAND 3 rollout and braking. Great Sim aircraft.

5 Likes

Spectacularly busted Minimums for Catalina Island RWY22 Approach (KAVX) - 2/10ths of a mile visibility reported. I heard the 500 call about the same time I saw the threshold.

10 Likes

Legs 8 and 9 of France bush-trip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather: LESU :airplane: LFNQ :airplane: LFMK
There was nice weather at departure, but not at destination. So takeoff was smooth. I had to avoid some clouds. I explored area around LFNQ to check if it is safe to do touch-n-go on runway 14. There was some hill, but small and quite safe to avoid at Vy speed. So I did nice touch-n-go and kept Vy until getting safely over the hill.
Landing at LFMK was not that smooth. There was strong headwind 14kn, but gusty. Already arrival was very bumpy. I did right pattern approach as requested by ATC. The approach was quite stable all the way down to runway. I even touched the ground, but a windsheer lifted me up, so I set full throttle and executed go-around. On the second approach the situation was opposite. Quite stable approach, just before runway windsheer started to pull me down. So I didn’t cut throttle fully, pulled yoke a bit more, but not too much and touched down. Only then cut throttle to idle. It was not really smooth landing, but quite ok.

10 Likes

Excrutiatingly slow flight from Brownsville to Mexico DF. This was a route Pan Am did back in the 20s. I just kept telling myself this was the state of the art back then. It looks like I was descending as I neared DF, but that’s just that the ground level rose that close to me. The lack of an autopilot kept me busy with trim as winds pushed the plane every which way - nothing I could not handle, but requiring a lot of handling. Boy them pilots back in the day were patient and powerhouses.

17 Likes

:rofl:

Back in the day of “wooden planes and iron men”, 'eh?

A lot like MSFS, things have advanced greatly over the years.

P.S.
What/where is “Mexico DF”?

3 Likes

What a happy surprise. I am using Aerosoft simple traffic, with live traffic enabled. First time I’m seeing ATR’s at CYTZ!!! love it. Still testing, and use this run as my base. Into CYXU yet again. :slight_smile:

Get out the way dood, you’re going to be propeller food.

Alright, have it your way

11 Likes

Flight out of somewhere…

8 Likes

I have been flying from Angers to Paris in wb C172

then took the analog King Air to remove the dust from his wings in Dakar, direction Nouadhibou, Mauritania (GOOY - GQPP)

later made some tweaks on bush trip files to set the Iceland one to start with the Black Square Caravan instead of the asobo one :blush:

11 Likes

The ground can be sneaky and slip upwards to meet you. Particularly there, that sits about 7,000 or so. Ran into that kind of surprise around Kilimanjaro.

4 Likes

Which aircraft is this?

2 Likes

yup, and those engines are not powerful and the plane at 9000 feet is risking pax with blue faces. Don’t know how those pilots did it.

3 Likes

It’s the Blackwing 635 by orbx.
Amazingly fast Ultralight.

Very well made !

3 Likes

Another (Short) Tecnam trip, Ibiza this time.

13 Likes

Those last 2 Screens are superb. Now,…Which to choose as our new Desk Top.

4 Likes