What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

I did not dare to test how the update did or did not mess things up on a flight on vatsim, so I decided to do a no ATC flight with the A310 from Budapest (LHBP) to Prague (LKPR)

Luckily there were no hardvare hiccups, only pilot ones. Somehow I managed to open gears mid flight while in drone camera mode. No idea how that’s possible. Also landing was quite…umm…firm. However I have less than 10 flights under my belt in the A310, so I was quite happy with being able to land at all.

Full video here a lot later:

8 Likes

can u post pics of that flight pls?

1 Like

Pisa to Elba, Italy - in real-weather, real-time

12 Likes

On the way from DEN-SMF with an Alaskan neighbor heading northwest before I turn west around SLC.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Well i did a little bit of this too

3 Likes

“What did you do in MSFS yesterday?”
:wink:

I bought the Got Friends Astro One, a “quadcopter” kind of beastie that’s very interesting

(Picture courtesy of Got Friends at Astro ONE – Got Friends)

. . . and spent much of yesterday evening messing with it, using it to dig holes in the ground until I got a game controller profile set up for it. :man_facepalming:

After I did that, I stopped digging telephone pole foundation holes, but continued to embarrass myself in new and interesting ways.

Pros:

• All the advantages of a helicopter without needing to buy special, specific, controls for it.  (Except maybe a good game controller if you don’t have one.)

Cons:

• It really requires a game controller as it doesn’t have access to many essential control features on a joystick/HOTAS.
  • It really requires a custom controller profile because you need to re-define virtually all the controller’s bindings.

Don’t believe the stuff about how very easy it is to fly.  Like any new aircraft, you gotta learn it.

Other than that, it’s a hot little beastie.

7 Likes

What aircraft is it? I presume payware…

1 Like

That’s the SR-22 that comes with the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS.

I wrote a turbo-normalized mod for it; it makes it a bit slicker to land.

2 Likes

Congratulations, It ain’t easy. Nice careful approach.

2 Likes

Just landed at EDDF (vatsim)

7 Likes

Thanks - I downloaded the SR 22 but have no clue how to fly it…
Any help welcome, including your mod…

1 Like

Let’s continue the conversation in the Pilot’s Lounge. Please follow the link below:

3 Likes

I took my brother on a tour of Moscow via a shared screen on Discord.

I used the Astro One and flew to various places around Moscow, then dropped low when we got there to show him around.

The Kremlin, the Bolshoi Theater, the 1980 Olympics “Olympic Park”, Moscow State University, Ostankino tower and the sculpture created when Gagarin finished his orbital flight, Tzaritzina Park - the palace where Catherine the Great lived while in Moscow, and other stuff I don’t remember. A several hour long guided tour that ended up with an on-target landing at Ostafyavo within one of their helipad landing sites.

A good time was had by all!

Next tour:
St Petersburg.

5 Likes

Miami-Opa Locka Executive (KOPF) to Bowman Field (KLOU). 3 ctds later (and I’ve never had such issues before). At first I thought it might be the Carenado which I’ve had for a few years, but thought I’d fly it with the new yoke. At any rate, I tried a flight in the DC-3 which ctd-d about 80% into the flight. I’ll get to the bottom of it, I’m sure.

12 Likes

Nice to see NAV is arming now in the G3X thanks to the PMS GTN750 WTT Integration.

6 Likes

Hazy Day over Vineyard Sound and Buzzard’s Bay

6 Likes

Took the Carenado 182RG from KMYF to KVNY, it’s a nice plane to fly! I was able to set the trim perfectly and we just wafted along as if on autopilot. Some dicey moments at descent, as I chose to do that too soon and got a bit close to the mountains. Overall a nice addition to the GA hangar.

6 Likes

Flying from Nome to McGrath, Alaska on the round-the-world tour, real-time:

7 Likes

Santos Dumont SBRJ to SBBZ

6 Likes