What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

One more leg in the Megapolis bush trip.

Volanta clearly shows how I got too confident, stopped the timer early, started descending early and got lost over Montauk :smiley: But in the end I got there, I just landed first on the wrong airport :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Having just finished my trip from the UK to Australia with the C310R I assumed I’d take a break and do some bits and pieces before starting my trip along the Americas, tip to tip.

Then I found myself taking off from Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport - PABR, on my way south. I had intended to start in Ushuaia and head North…but plans change.

I fly in VR so my only screenie is this one, below, once I’d landed at Fairbanks International - PAFA.

Today, I flew from Fairbanks into Anchorage and I’m now looking at making my way down to Orcas Island over two or three legs. After that I’m not sure beyond a general Southerly heading.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I continued my trip around Pacific in DC-3 in real weather. Today it was shorter flight to reach south of US: KLAX :airplane: KSDM
It was the first time I flew DC-3 in SU13. Unfortunately some things are broken. Annoying look right turns left. And autopilot does not work. It seems like it’s holding roll, but not heading.
Otherwise the flight was nice. I followed VFR corridors in Los Angeles and San Diego terminal areas. Even though I used Flight Following, I got near other traffic without warning from ATC. Interestingly the VFR corridor in San Diego goes very near international airport. There was some fog at the destination, I thought I would need to divert to alternate (KSAN), but in the end the visibility was ok. I almost turned to wrong airport in Mexico, but luckily I double checked that my airport was on the left side from the road and not on the right side (heading 080).

4 Likes

On a whim, I bought a couple of aircraft out of the Reno Air Races collection: the P51-D Goldfinger, and the L-39 Red Thunder.

Spent time flying circuits in Goldfinger. Landings all crashes or kangaroos. Might have to try that again some day.

Took the L-39 down from RAF Leuchars (as was) to Edinburgh Airport. In live weather in Scotland. At least the 40 m.p.h. winds had somewhat abated.

It’s a pleasant little aircraft to fly. If it had come free with the sim I’d have been very very pleased. As it is I may also find myself flying this one again someday.

If only to find out if there’s some way of stopping the engine that doesn’t have the word ‘Emergency’ on or beside it. I managed to lay hands - all right, mouse pointer - on the emergency fuel cutoff. Now where’s the fuel cutoff you use when everything’s hunky-dory?

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pilot’s lounge - What did you do in MSFS today?

Merle K (Mudhole) Smith (PACV,) Alaska to Rocky Gutierrez (PASI,) Sitka on Baranof Island, Alaska.

Flying using Live Weather but not real time due to my location and not wanting the entire trip to be at night. I’m guessing it was METAR issues that had the entire trip in bright sunny weather right up until my approach into Sitka where low cloud and heavy rain made for a fun landing on a runway surrounded by water…that and my not having fully mastered the art of a perfectly gentle landing in the A2a Comanche yet :laughing:

This is an airport and surroundings that would do well for some modding love. Great surroundings and a nice airport…just not overly detailed.

Again, VR only so screenies come when landed and stowed away, this was at Sitka.

6 Likes

La Palma Airport (GCLA)

6 Likes

Flight across Thames Estuary; visited two of the Maunsell Forts (right: Red Sands).

5 Likes

Trying to beat the evening traffic into London-Heathrow =)…

6 Likes

Quick circuit around LOWI. Autumn becomes the place. Yoddle lay he hoo!

9 Likes

A longer leg this morning from Sitka along the coast over Prince of Wales Island, where the pic was taken ( it was so pretty I had to switch from VR to get a pic,) and into Port Hardy, CYZT on Vancouver Island. It took a little longer than intended - I can normally get a couple of hours flying in before work but this was a three hour flight so I’ll be working a little later tonight :lying_face:

From here its down to Orcas Island, with the Orbx KORS scenery, via Whistler and after a whizz around Vancouver. After that its down into the U.S. with Seattle and Portland probably my next stops as I think I’d like to go over Mount St. Helens.

If any locals or people with knowledge of the area have any recommendations I’d love to hear them, otheriwse I’m kind of ambling along - also don’t want to just hug the coast for nearly 14’000km because it’s easy and obvious.

EDIT: I was using the Rex Accuseason Advanced ‘Fall - Wispy Overcast’ preset. For some reason it’s the only one thats loaded into the sim and stayed there, the others only load in for one session before disappearing again.

7 Likes

My best Dreamliner flight :+1::clap:

3 Likes

A flight over the red centre with the Aussie group flights team. YCBP Coober Pedy to YBAS Alice Springs. It was suitably red.

8 Likes

I continued my trip around Pacific in DC-3 in real weather. Today I left US and reached Mexico: KSDM :airplane: MMGR
There was haze in Brown Field, when I was preparing for the flight. But it lifted before I departed. Otherwise, it was easy flight mostly in uncontrolled airspace over desert and wilderness.

7 Likes

From Tivat to Marseille-Provence airport.

6 Likes

Living the Citation life…

Can you guess who is going to Nassau (MYNN) and who is goring to San Juan (TJSJ)?

Final into Yarmouth, Canada (CYQI)

Early morning approach into Nantucket (KACK)

7 Likes

New 4070 and monitor and look what kinds of things I’m discovering …

8 Likes

Which is what I’m asking is a good question, well here’s the answer: NOTHING just NOTHING. the why? Well, the poor network quality that the flight simulator has to be able to download all the files is supremely horrible.

It took me 7 days to download the base game, and before that it took me 2 days to download the game from 0.

Now I’m going to spend the whole of October completely with the 0.60 Mbits/s that this thing has.

and not. It’s not my internet.

Nothing Fancy but you can see my house from here. :slight_smile: :selfie: I love the low level clouds lit up by the city.

2 Likes