What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Flew the Extra 330 LT for the first time since before VR was introduced. Really impressed with it as a VR vehicle; though in other respects it wasn’t quite ideal for my flight.

I flew it up the Congo river and was obliged to land it a a bush strip - thankfully rather free of bushes - a little way away from the river. Well, the Extra is an aerobatic machine, not a bush plane: no flaps. On my first attempt at landing I ran out of runway before I ran out of airspeed. Still, at least I had the power to climb out and go round. I made sure I was slowed down well in advance for a second, happily successful, attempt.

At the mouth of the Congo there is a series of islands, on one of which I saw this lone hill:

Checking the Terrain Map in Google Maps afterwards, I couldn’t locate it on any of the islands; so I think what we’re looking at here is quite literally a glitch in the matrix.

6 Likes

Today I completed a 67346 NM trip around the world in the TBM 930 following the coastlines. I started the trip almost 2 years ago. I did all flights in real time without speeding up the sim rate, and I used live weather.

14 Likes

pre-SU13 flight. Once again in the Solomons. Of course, after SU13, I had to reinstall the planes, the carriers, so I could use them with the add-on linker. Hence the slow posting. Very good flyer. Found out later I can land on a carrier as its in the plane’s software?

5 Likes

Absolutely nothing. My asus 34" monitor blew its gsync chip after almost 4 years. I have a 1080p back-up, and refuse to fly in these conditions :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Morning flight from Destin (KDTS) to Palm Beach (KPBI).

5 Likes

short flight from Monterey to Oakland in the Virus – wish the avionics didnt fight me in my
effort to get approach data (or any data really). If you’re new to flying and can’t get some avionics to work right, its probably not you — they need fixing.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Next 2 legs of Austria Tyrol bush-trip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather: LOWL :airplane: LOWS :airplane: LOWZ
Weather was perfect. Now clouds, good visibility and calm wind. Just a little bit turbulence on approach to Zell am See. One of my favorite airports.

Salzburg:

I found interesting glitch in satellite imagery. Satellite took photo of a flying aircraft including contrails and it got projected on the ground.

6 Likes

I flew over the Mos Espa Star Wars filming site in Tunisia. Blackshark AI actually made a little settlement there! No moisture evaporators, however. Maybe this is an opportunity for a scenery developer?

6 Likes

…my love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

My first IFR-ish flight with the rusty TBM, from Tenerife to Lanzarote. All was fine and ATC played along too. Except for the very late altitude assignment, I had to lose a lot of altitude on the last 20 nm. But I somehow managed to drop down in time for the glideslope. But it wasn’t pretty! It did nicely give me an approach which I then programmed in the FMS and that was actually perfect. Except for the crazy altitude and I did not have a way to request a lower altitude. Maybe that clearance is automatic because of the assigned approach?

Some Pictures

This car is in my way …

Gran Canaria looking nice

Veuling 3000 (“three zero zero zero”) did not want to leave the frequency, or came back, I guess

Moonflower 1620 is having some ups and downs

That looks awkward (I forgot to actually LOAD the approach)

Pretty high up still, getting somewhat nervous. Would not mind some descend instructions …

Doing everything to get down:

Looking good

I usually don’t use the radio, so usually nobody is waiting for me, but this time they were! Very nice.

Looking forward to more adventures in the rusty TBM. I plan to go to the greek islands.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Did circuits at CYXX in the TBM-930…touch and goes and around to waypoint XX to practise my ILS landings…getting the hang of it.

2 Likes

Took my SU13 test flight from London Luton (EGGW) to Frankfurt am Main (EDDF) in the Longitude:

I had quite some luck with vatsim today, ESSEX radar went offling just after I took off and Frankfurt even had more ATC by the time I arrived there as it had when I made my flight plans. It was quite a nice flight, though I had to break immersion several times, cooking lunch and dealing with the washing machine while flying :sweat_smile:

Full video later here:

8 Likes

Did the same leg in the same plane today! But after SU 13 it’s just a stutter party.

I had no issues. I meant during the flight, not the update. That was Ffffff…un, but at least now it seems to be working.

Went back to flying the DC-6, through clouds over Montana. It had been a while, still a great airplane.

4 Likes

Quick VFR hop from KSNA John Wayne → KTOA Zamperini Field, passing the Port of Long Beach

6 Likes

And now from Lanzarote to Agadir in the TBM 930

There is alway a car in front of me :frowning:

Bye bye Canary Islands!

Traffic 6 o’clock is hard to spot tbh …

At least ATC made me descend much (too much?) earlier this time!

2 Likes

I finished Austria Tyrol bush-trip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather: LOWZ :airplane: LOIJ :airplane: LOIK :airplane: LOWI :airplane:LOIR :airplane: LOIH
With full stop in St Johann and Inssbruck. Weather was nice, no clouds (except the destination), but quite bumpy. Although I could take advantage of updrafts at north sides of the valleys.
I am quite satisfied with all my landings on this trip. Except Hoefen. At first try I experienced unexpected downdraft, so I did go-around. On second try I used only 20° flaps. The landing was gentle, but maybe too much on the short runway for touch and go. I slowed down too much and on takeoff I almost hit the building, I had to precisely manage speed and climb speed to not stall.
Then between Hoefen and Dornbirn I thought I got lost. I climbed to 8500ft and I saw Bodensee ahead and my location was, what I expected. Just the valley didn’t look according to map. I should be able to pass at 6500ft, but in reality I would hit mountains. Anyway, I just directed to Bodensee at 8500ft and that was easy. I also could see some not nice weather there. But luckily Dornbirn airport had good visibility. Just stronger winds than the previous airports. But in the end this was my best landing with 10kn crosswind.

6 Likes