What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Did a very first circuit in the TBM to get a feel for it. Using the in-game checklist and ATC. I’m not a fan of the checklists like that, but it is easy if they point out where everything is.

ATC was actually OK - I’ve not used it much before, mainly because I never figured out how to work the radio’s in the Turbo Arrow :smiley:

Next up is trying it with ILS.

4 Likes

Ended up playing a bit and getting the ILS approach. Didn’t work the first time but I put the wrong ILS freq into it.

After that, played around a bit more:

Did a forced landing

And park, seems like enough training for my first actual flight.

What I did not figure out is how to get ATC to allow me to fly IFR. But then, I don’t file a flight plan so that is probably the reason. Maybe if I program a flight plan in the computer then ATC will play along, but I doubt it. If not, ATC will still not be used.

3 Likes

Just program a flight plan into FMC and you will get the option to get IFR clearance.

1 Like

TBM-930 has quite accurate in-game checklist. I compared it to POH. For all other aircraft I created my custom checklist in PDF. Only for TBM-930 I use the one in game.

1 Like

Yes, you have to plan IFR flight in the flight planner. Sometimes there is possibility to request IFR from VFR during flight, but it seems only on some specific airports or areas.

1 Like

You don’t have to use the flight planner. If you are at a controlled airport when starting cold and dark you can request IFR clearance after programming your flight plan into the FMC. If you are at an uncontrolled airport, if you enter a flight plan into the FMC you can request IFR clearance after takeoff when you contact ATC center. I have been doing this in the TBM-930 for the last year or so flying it around the world.

4 Likes

Avoided stray dogs

Olbia

6 Likes

Dante’s Peak?

1 Like

Early morning at the headquarters of Air Creation at LFHO

Take-off on the UL runway.

First destination: Altisurface Le Bez (LF03, pink line).

Take-off at Le Bez.

Over the summit of Grand Tanargue (4,957 ft), the namesake of my Tanarg 912 ULS.

Field landing on the summit.

Back towards LFHO.

Overview of LFHO; UL runway on the left (pink line).

Final approach

Flight on the map

6 Likes

Enjoying some fun weather :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Aerobatic Training
F4F 4 Wildcat
EDSA

4 Likes

South Florida VFR scud run

Wanted to visit the new airport I purchased on the marketplace - Pahokee Florida KPHK but the sky is littered with small, very dark rain clouds, so I danced around the rain as much as possible at 1000 AGL till Lantana airport KLNA was clear.

The downwind leg for runway 16 takes you right up to the edge of PBI Class C for the base turn so it gets a little tight watching your position, altitude, speed, and for traffic.

A nice Sunday flight in the IndiaFoxTecho LongEZ (swept-wing canard pusher)

3 Likes

Knuckled down today to some helicopter landing practice at the Downtown Manhattan Heliport.

Of course, that’s not the only place in New York you can land a helicopter…

… but if you’re going to try it in Central Park make sure they’ve cut the grass first…

… or you can fly over to friendly Noo Joisey for an official landing spot.

7 Likes

I started Austria Tyrol bushtrip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather: LOWW :airplane: LOWL
Visibility was great, just a bit strong headwind (almost 20kn), but no significant turbulence. Also navigation was easy. At first follow highway and then follow Danube river.

Austrian oil refinery - OMV

Vienna:

It was hard to see the airport against the sun. I used help of ILS for approach.

Linz:

5 Likes

I flew beneath the Millau Viaduct in France.

10 Likes

I wanted to test out SU13 a bit more so I started at KSAC Sacramento and meandered to San Fran and then south. I didn’t like the clouds so I loaded fake weather. Performance was good but scenery (PG) got really blurry at one point – maybe I was taking too many pics??

and I finally figured out what seems missing at BMWs Monterey Bay – theres no planes on the side I like to park at:

4 Likes

Ulrichen in the GotFriends Discus 2C. Stunning mountain scenery, and a little red train that goes back and forth. I selected a “cumulus thermal” weather setting and gave myself 15 kts from the south for a perfect ridge soaring experience.

The Discus is pure excellence. Flight model is impeccable, and wing flex modeled with no performance penalty.

Just finding the perfect line to follow and try to gain more altitude.

This view never gets old.

Happy Flying!!

8 Likes

For CTP time, KMIA-KJFK AAL2 vatsim Dep time: 2035Z

7 Likes

Community Flight in a German Community, Rettich for Desaster?

6 Likes

Just waiting my turn. :slight_smile:

6 Likes