What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

had not paid attention to the new doings with the Asobo 172 - doors opening, pax visible inside and out, tie-downs? Wow, made this a fun flyer again. Thought I’d cruise around Giza, Cairo, and Suez.
Well worth it. Mods zinged it up

Helipads at Giza

remember this guy?

7 Likes

Loved how the colors looked in your sim ! Are these default ones or did you use any kind of filtering from nvidia ?

Today I waited a little, what’s going on at 07:15​:sweat_smile::joy:

-Bram
SkyLane

3 Likes

Having fun with the Juice Goose

2 Likes

Back to Rio to test some H145 autopilot modes while cosying up to the Christ the Redeemer statue. The tests went as expected.

Not quite so expected was that I would manage to make it back to my helipad without crashing. Which I did - using Trim Release. No autopilot modes were involved in this unexpected event:

5 Likes

American Airlines A320-214 N126UW from Minneapolis-Saint Paul (KMSP) to Philadelphia (KPHL)

[I have a feeling of the Halloween atmosphere]

10 Likes

TBM 930 from LIBR to LIFR (Rome).

Pictures

Some traffic over here if you look very close, can you spot it?

Look ATC, if Generic is ignoring you, how many times can you repeat …

Wow wait, finally they listened:

Love the landscape in Italy

Is it just me or do clouds look good from a distance but disappear when coming closer?

That’s quite the runway selection, 28 kts crosswind …

Visibility also not amazing

First time I have rain on the windshield

The wind took a turn

Those taxi instructions … basicallyl the whole alphabet

5 Likes

Quick hop from Montgomery to Catalina, visual approach into runway 04. The Turbonormalized version of the SR made quick work of the transit.

7 Likes

Flew the ATR 42 600 from Orlando to Savannah

1 Like

KTVL, Lake Tahoe over to KSFO, San Francisco International via Yosemite National Park. I got the timing right for a beautiful sunset as I went over the park but left myself with a night landing at SF - looks like I’ll have to do some sightseeing on my way out. I haven’t been to SF since 2009 so it’ll be interesting to see how (Bing Maps show ) its changed.

Heading toward Yosemite village

Looking back over Clouds Rest

and a view of Half Dome as I go by

11 Likes

I crossed Colombia on my tour around Pacific in DC-3 in real weather: SKLC :airplane: SKCO
There were some clouds, but it was easy to avoid them. And luckily departure and destination were sunny. However, it seem that this part of the world is usually very cloudy. Satellite images are quite low quality and with lot of white spots (probably ground covered in clouds).

9 Likes

KDEN-KMSY Night Flight

5 Likes

Finally broke down and bought the PMDG 736, I live in a remote rural area and I like to fly out of my hometown. We don’t get -700 or -800 variants coming in here, but there are a few 600’s operating in Canada, and companies such as Air Inuit fly the 732 into my town once in a while.

Still gotta finish up my mod to our airport, the only parking available for 73’s has an auto-gen building stupidly stuck there.

9 Likes

Heading Vigo

7 Likes

I reached the equator on my tour around Pacific in DC-3 in real weather: SKCO :airplane: SEQM
This was shorter leg, but high altitude destination to get some fresh air. I decided to stop at Mariscal Sucre airport in Ecuador. The airport is MSFS handmade airport with some MSFS ads.

8 Likes

@CasualClick Is that the updated SR22 that they said would replace the current one?

and for the thread - a few pics from an Australia trip to Canberra (really great addon)

animated billboards which somebody once told me wouldn’t be possible:

I kept going back to this airport to try it do it more justice with my shots but it didnt work out.
these seem to be the best I can do… Oh well :melting_face:

7 Likes

Performed a successful C&D engine start on the Kodiak 100, after several failed attempts. Then I took the Kodiak for a short jaunt around the San Diego area, did some stupid stuff and had to slew which killed the engine. Sadly my in-flight engine restart was NOT successful, but that’s on me. These “study level” things can be somewhat like a puzzle, even with checklists!

1 Like

Love the billboards “Oh look a new ORBX package is available!”, they really know the target audience.

1 Like

Port Moresby to Cairns. Would love a more efficient Port Moresby scenery as the freeware causes some spikes nearby. At any rate. Flight passed uneventfully. Weather was great.

5 Likes

Tampa (KTPA) to Portland, ME (KPWM)

5 Likes