What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Second leg, London to Darwin. LIRA-HECA

6 Likes

Very elegant Aircraft Dan and especially in this Livery.

1 Like

Could not agree more, Wristy

1 Like

Had my longest flight so far, both in terms of time and distance. Dubai (OMDB) to Budapest (LHBP) in the Longitude:

This one was a bit uncomfortably close. I trusted my instruments that told me it was going to cross behind me, but also it was flying almost HDG090 at FL430, which is not a flight level for Eastbound flights

Approach lights were very much welcome at 160’ above minimums…

It felt like an okay landing, but according to volanta data and rewatching my recorded video it was a tad bit hard. Not something that would require repairs and replacements, but quite enough to wake up any passenger still sleeping :smiley:

There will be a video sometimes MUCH later, but I will need to edit it before I upload it, as it is almost 6 hours long and is over 100GB

Edit:

The video editor was thrice defeated while trying to process the video, so I ended up uploading the original version:

6 Likes

Embraer EMB 110 from space coast to Orlando international airport landing at the right airport this time, because last time I was forced to dump it somewhere due to fog because I wasn’t on ifr

1 Like

A Chile flight to Bolivia. SCEL-SLAL in the Fenix A320.

9 Likes

One of the new airstrips (AYYE) just released from Orbx. There are 3 airstrips in the PNG Highlands Bush Strips - Pack 1 with more packs to be released in the future.

5 Likes

C208 Peace livery for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS
I painted this livery using some really good art work from the internet.

Far out, maaaaaaaaan!

Legs 4 and 5 of New Guinea challenge bush trip in WB-Sim C172 in real weather: AYYP :airplane: WAWT :airplane: WAVV
So far the planning was good. For first mountain pass I had to climb to 10000ft, but then rest of the flight was done in 8500ft. Easy to follow valleys. And also other airports were good navigation cues.

Landing at WAWT was a bit strange. There was some wind from the north, so I expected downdrafts at north side of the valley. But it was opposite. I tried to stay on south side, but I had to use much more power to keep steady approach. When I got closer to north side, the aircraft was just floating and got too high. So I did go-around. I prepared the procedure that instead of turning to runway, I continued in valley. However, it didn’t want to climb. I managed to turn 180° at slow speed. And again at north side climbing was much better.
I tried second approach. This time I underestimated crosswind and was not aligned properly. And it was definitely wind from north. So another go-around. This time I stayed on north side and it climbed much better. So it was easier to do 180°, but still very careful.
And third time was the charm.

5 Likes

From Milford Sound to Aoraki, then landing on Mt. Cook AIrport.
Gotfriends DIscus 2C

4 Likes

DC-3 run from John Wayne (KSNA) to Bob Hope (KBUR) :slight_smile:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Early morning flight in the Vertigo from Essendon Fields (YMEN/Melbourne) to Mt Hotham (YHOT):

8 Likes

KLAX to YSSY Sydney Australia 787-9 Horizon performed great! With a little rest now flying to WADD Densapar from YSSY. With Kuro 787 Jetstar.

2 Likes

Salt Lake City International (KSLC) to Denver Rocky Mountains (KBJC) in the Longitude:

While the flight went quite allright, there would defeinitely be some paperworks at the end of it if this was a real one. Somehow instead of PINNR3 arrival, LONGZ2 got into my vatsim flight plan, which is very strange as simbrief made the route with PINNR3, I had that one in Navigraph and I had that one in my airplane aswell, so I was kind of stupefied when ATC cleared me to LONGZ2. I did not notice it when I read the clearance text and furthermore when Denver center told me to descend by LONGZ2 arrival, I repeated back like some stupid machine :flushed: By the time I pieced together what is wrong I was handed over to Approach.

When I checked in to Approach I did not mention the difference, I just told him I’m on PINNR3 arrival, but later he noticed the difference too. I guess this is where real world aviation would differ as when he was giving me vectors I eplained that I’m on PINNR3 instead of LONGZ2 and both of us was relieved and went on as if nothing has happened. Surely in real life this would be an event that needs to be reported, investigated and someone must be held responsible :face_with_peeking_eye:

Check out the full story later here:

5 Likes

American Airlines A320-214 N126UW from Midland International Air and Space Port (KMAF) to Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (KMSP)

8 Likes

John Lennon would have been impressed. :alien:

1 Like

Taxiing at John Wayne (KSNA) in T-6 Texan (while doing graphics config testing). Look both ways before you cross the street!

3 Likes

Took the Horizon Simulations 787-9 on its first full flight from Toronto Pearson (YYZ) to Calgary (YYC). A 3:30hr flight.

5 Likes