What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

I got the CowanSim 500E, it was in the sale, I used to fly its cousin in ArmA and I was getting a lot of flack for flying the Asobo 407. Once I had got my controls set and used to how it operated I was fine.

I reversed my standard test route. RAF Valley, East and up the Llanberis pass, left at the top of the pass. Left again at Capel Curig and up to Llyn Ogwen.

Little Tryfan. Tryfan proper is to the right. I used to camp at the campsite, off picture bottom left.

The Milestone Buttress an old climbing haunt of mine.

Llyn Idwal is the lake. Some very good climbing on the Idwal slabs on the left. Another climbing hawnt. The path going through the bottom of the slabs is rising into the Devils Kitchen. Looks like a dead end but is just a walk.

Then back to RAF Valley. Mountains in the distance.

Might well have my new favourite helicopter. Still going to fly the 407 though. sPK

8 Likes

I enhanced (hopefully) my version 1.0 Corona (KAJO) airport scenery. The feeling to be aplastic modeler :slight_smile:

5 Likes

[https://youtu.be/mhWkvG6kwms?si=tL2HJCXdnzHc6_2A]

I flew my Airbus A230neo from Lisbon to Paris in Real Time, Weather and Traffic. Video shows every step from a Cold & Dark Cocpit until arrival at the gate.

3 Likes

The wife and I took the Kitfox out and went camping!

6 Likes

Did some STOL practice in a Spitfire, cus… why not? I :heart: that sound

5 Likes

Dusk approach to ORD on ILS10C in the FenixA320. Fully loaded, perfect opportunity for a strut compression test, x2. Logging it as two landings. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Flew leg 1 of my long flight in the Subsonex jx2 from Perry Warsaw NY to 29D grove city PA because I’m attempting to go south to Savannah Hilton head international so I can use it as my next potential hq :slight_smile:

1 Like

I flew southeast to get to the west coast.

From Redding to San Fran: no shots past a certain point because nearby lightning made me shut the system down…

Cant wait till somebody redoes 08C (I think it is)

8 Likes

Glasgow to Inverness, via Glenegedale. Last time I did a similar route, it was miserably overcast. This time it was clear, but had winds of 30 to 40 knots. Still, spectacular. Still no Nessie.

The Castle Arrrrrrrgh (actually Castle Stalker). Seems my flightsim.to mod and ORBX UK north have a duplication. Will have to pick, orrrrrr…

7 Likes

Flew leg 2 29D grove City PA to KSHD Virginia in the subsonex jx2 on my journey to reach Savannah

1 Like

We toured a bunch of sites in Central Florida from a few miles south of Melbourne to just east of Lakeland. You can read about it in Part One of this tour at Pee-Wee and Nag’s Skytours (and Other Thoughts). We’ll try to have Part Two and Three finished before the end of the week.

Over an abandoned airfield that once had its own carrier deck and freakin’ lasers.

Yup. There’s a blimp base.

Pee-Wee says: Yipee! :star_struck:

This port has everything, from party boats to strategic nukes and zombie rocket barges.

7 Likes

Spitfire formation flying around the UK. Such a beautiful aircraft, and lovely countryside.

9 Likes

EHAM Shiphol|Amsterdam|Almere|Aviodrome|Lelystad/TV Tower|EHLE Lelystad, MSFS VR, Fokker DR.1

Amsterdam Eham Lelystad EHLE.PLN (3.0 KB)

Write down in the YT comments where I should fly next. I can visit your home/town. Tell me where to go!

Freeware:
Lelystad Airport - EHLE

TV-Tower Lelystad

Got Friends Fokker DR.1

Payware:
FlyTampa EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
https://www.flytampa.org/eham.html

5 Likes

Flew the Cessna 414AW from Salzburg to Innsbruck

10 Likes

Doing some more IFR practice in the Comanche. Was doing well until I almost crashed on final after I forgot to check for carb ice. Just caught it in time luckily. Oops. Probably shouldn’t have even been flying tbh. 47kt tailwind at cruise alt, and 30kt headwind on final - luckily straight down the runway but still probably far too much for a Comanche lol. Bit of a firm landing!

For some reason the runway lights didn’t come out great in the above screenshot. You can maybe just see the runway if you look very closely. I promise you it was visible at the time. You can see my IAS of ~95kts, but GS of 61kts lol.

8 Likes

LEPA to EBBR: FSS190

6 Likes

Jetstar, Airbus A320-232, VH-VFI from Brisbane (YBBN) to Mackay (YBMK)

10 Likes

Was forced to use something heavier to handle the live weather so KSHD (Virginia) to KSAV (Georgia)in the Cessna Citation Longitude

2 Likes

We finished Part 2 of our Central Florida tour over at our Pee-Wee and Nag’s Skytours (and Other Thoughts) thread, but ran out of time for Part 3. You can expect the exciting conclusion next week. :wave:

Flying over a nuclear missile silo, and the final resting place of a spaceship that was never meant to fly.

These landing pads host the biggest (and loudest) boomerangs in the world.

Passing the place where Mankind took one giant leap.

We landed on this runway with only 14,500 feet (4,400 meters) to spare. Whew! :sweat:

9 Likes

Pre-flew a flight I’m taking IRL in a couple weeks from KSRQ (Sarasota) to KMTH (Marathon / Florida Keys).

Selected the best altitude and created user waypoints in ForeFlight, to maintain glide distance between airports and/or highways, and to fly the appropriate VFR arrival, depending on prevailing winds. :wink::+1:t2:.

8 Likes