7 Likes

I’m trying to gain more experience on Vatsim, but it usually goes like this:

1. I check, the vatsim coverage map, decide on a route
  2. Plan route
  3. Load up the airplane, enter the plans
  4. Realise, that departure and/or destination controller logged off
  5. Sigh
  6. Back to step 1

So after a few repetitions of the above, I flew from amburg-Finkenwerder (EDHI) to Copenhagen Kastrup (EKCH). Of course destination controller logged off during the flight, so ended up landing in silence.

BUT I had a really awesome sunset during the flight, so that’s kind of a fair trade.

Uploading video, will be available here:

5 Likes

4 Likes

86 minutes of gliding in New Zealand:

Highest altitude was about 12850, runway at 1316, which makes it about 11500 feets gained. Not my best, but not bad either.

Edit: Correction, I forgot about the winch launch, so net gain is only about 10 000’

10 Likes

Did some of this.

2 Likes

And also did this

https://rumble.com/v27ak5a-fs2020-test-flight-2-kdpa-pattern-work.html

2 Likes

Battery on, fuel on, copilot ON :star_struck:

copilot

8 Likes

Had some fun in the DA62. It’s still my favorite piston aircraft, my only woe is that it is quite a pain to make a flight plan using knobs only… I’ve seen a RL video, where there was a full keyboard under the pilot’s right elbow in the DA62. Too bad it’s not present in the sim.

6 Likes

I also did some training flights with the SF50

I love those clouds

8 Likes

Are you aware of the G1000NXi’s keyboard entry feature for the flight plan? Check out YouTube for some video tutorials of this. Makes entering waypoints and such much easier.

2 Likes

Then I tried to fly a Vatsim route, which was the usual half success, as I only had a controller online while I took off, then he logged off and CTR also logged off.

However I really recommend flying to Legazpi (RPLP) landing on RWY06. It’s an awesome approach. Fly it yourself, or watch me on the link below (yup, pretty bad landing)

5 Likes

I just did. I wasn’t aware of this, thanks a LOT :saluting_face:

1 Like

Flew into the sunrise :+1:

12 Likes

If you use Vat-Spy (free) you can see how long each controller has been online. If you pick one that just logged in recently there maybe a better chance he/she will stick around a bit.

2 Likes

Did an hour of gliding around my favorite spot to do so: NZWC

I couldn’t get really high today, highest was 7100’, but on the upsode, the landing went pretty smooth.

This time, I even made a video, youtube is still processing it:

I had plenty of time to fly today, sorry for spamming the topic so much :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

two flights today

1. Valley intl, Harlington, TX, USA (KHRL) Los Cabos, San Jose ,Mexico (MMSD).
  2. Los Cabos to San Jose, CA, USA (KSJC).
3 Likes

Getting used to using TrackIR for camera control; ran some patterns at KFUL, a small municipal airport in Fullerton, California. It sure beats panning with a hat switch. :wink:

4 Likes

Took a trip to check out Jersey that I purhcased, then realised I only took pictures flying out of Bristol, over Guernsey and on approach! Do not hire me for any PR work :rofl: :grinning: :metal:

6 Likes