What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

6 Likes

flew into Los Angeles.

9 Likes

Arriving at Daytona, just in time to attend the 24 hour race

9 Likes

who do you think is going to win? my guess is it’s going to be a battle between Acura and Porsche

1 Like

It’s hard to say who’s gonna win because the gap is so close, I have great expectations for GTP class, unlike GTD where it’s all about Mercedes.

P. S. Sorry the OT!

2 Likes

I agree with that but one of the drivers for the pole sitting Merc has a fractured lumbar and they’re car is destroyed

1 Like

I thinks it’s not OT.
The cars have aero devices as well, but t hey work in the other direction :rofl:

AND:
AFAIK there are some Corvettes racing as well, so how can this be OT :thinking:

1 Like

Flying into the weekend. Finally good weather above Germany.

6 Likes

I haven’t posted anything since late December but I have still managed to keep making progress on my around the world trip.

My last report was from Amsterdam (EHAM) and have flown through Paris, Italy to North Africa, Greece, Istanbul and today landing in Beirut. My next leg sees me heading south east to the Arabian Peninsula. Weather has been so so. Some days it is terrible weather and some, not so bad. The TBM handles it all with confidence.

Flying the TBM930 on the XBOX series X, there has been a few issues with the FMS/flight planner. At first, the flight planner wouldn’t load into the autopilot so building the plans manually was the only way to do it. Actually didn’t mind that process since it provided plenty of practice using the onboard flight planner.

There was an update a week or so that fixed the flight planning but the FMS has a tendency to skip the odd waypoint on approach so that needs to be fixed. Not a deal breaker but the you need to be ready to hit the ‘direct to’ feature to get back on track.

Anyway, I’m nearly at the halfway point (Abu Dhabi is the middle leg of the journey).

Here’s some pix:

Climb out

FL310

Textures

Mediteranean approach

Scenics
Paris Evening

Island sunset

Athens

Istanbul

Happy Flying :sunglasses: :airplane:

17 Likes

Takes me longer to walk down to the local shop

5 Likes

I got familiar with Kai-tak again now that it is back in Flight Sim. :slight_smile:

I still remember the IGS13 approach, but slightly rusty. Still managed to land the 737-700BBJ fine.

It’s a different thing using a 737 with FMC versus a Concorde in FSX with inertial navigation system and radio navigation. :wink:

9 Likes

Orlando to Saint Martin with the PMDG 737 700 as Delta

3 Likes

The Desert Southwest of the United States is a really beautiful place.
Flying Page AZ to Las Vegas NV

Vegas Baby Vegas! :laughing: :laughing:

6 Likes

Haven’t been flying much as recent storms in LA had me worried about power surges - still, glad for water. AND, I was wary about my upgrade to Windows 11, which was not too painful. At any rate, I did try out the hard decks on military and civilian ships in freeware and payware I have. Kalaeloa to Kalaupapa. Only a few days later, a plane crashed near Molokai airport. Eek! And, of course, those big rains on Maui.

10 Likes

Flew the new Carenado Archer II, VFR from French Valley (F70) to Santa Paula (KSZP) using live weather and VATSIM.

Departing French Valley, flying west. Skinner Reservoir at my 5:00 and Mt. San Jacinto (overlooking Palm Springs) beyond.

Climbing to 6,500’ with a nice wide shot of Murrieta and Temecula

Looking the other way (north), we can see a snow-capped Mt. San Gorgonio

Descended down to 4,500 as we skirt over the top of John Wayne’s (KSNA) class charlie, now talking to LA Center on VATSIM

On the Coastal Route VFR transition through the class bravo. Hawthorne Airport (KHHR) in the foreground, downtown LA in the distance

The Coastal Route takes you right over the west end of LAX. Very busy airspace, both in multiplayer and VATSIM.

Santa Monica (KSMO) below, Nakatomi Plaza above and to the left. Ho Ho Ho

Our friend @ChunkyFlyer7912 joins up in his hot-rodded Icon LS. Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, LAX, and Palos Verdes Hills in the background

Riviera Country Club and Pacific Palisades looking up the coast toward Malibu.

Made it to Santa Paula (KSZP) and the gang’s all here!

Over the shoulder looking at South Mountain from the ramp at Santa Paula

Planned time enroute using an Archer II POH - 0:56:29, actual time enroute 1:01:10. Pretty darn accurate in most aspects!

12 Likes

I decided to try the “real weather” here in Moscow.

The current, real-world meteorological conditions at the time of the flight was several thousand meters of visibility under overcast skies and a ceiling somewhere between eight to ten thousand feet, verified by visual examination via car prior to making the flight.

(A real-life photograph taken near the airport at the time of the flight)

Here is a video of the flight itself.

Points to note:

1. My flying skills still leave much to be desired.
  2. The “Real Weather” within the game was not the same as the real weather IRL.
  3. Runways, even at major airports like Vnukovo, (UUWW), are not plowed.  IRL, the airport would, (and, in fact does), make every attempt to keep the runways as clean and dry as possible.
  4. The amount of actual daylight and the incident angle of the sun above the clouds was not correct.

I decided to take off from Ostafievo, fly around in the “real” weather, and land again.

I discovered that after takeoff, the VFR meteorological conditions I expected to find didn’t exist within the game.

Within the sim, at about 500 to 1000’ AGL the weather deteriorated rapidly enough to make it impossible for me to find and land at Ostafievo, so I took advantage of the “landmark” markings and diverted to Vnukovo which has a lighted runway.

Within the game itself, I was way, WAY outside of my competence as far as weather was concerned, so I decided to get back on the ground ASAP.

Landing at Vnukovo, all the runways, taxiways, and pavement markings were covered in snow, (?? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:!!), so I faked it as best I could and probably ended up parking on the grass somewhere.  :person_shrugging:  :man_facepalming:

Since I have not figured out how to take pix and run video at the same time, all I can offer is a video record of the flight.  Note that the outside views have all the HUD stuff so that I have (at least) some situational awareness.  My apologies to those who don’t like the HUD info spoiling their external views.  When I get better at this, I’ll turn that all off.

3 Likes

Today I flew Fenix A320 from LFPG to LSGG. The final for 04 between mountains is beautiful! I also enjoy FS Traffic.

7 Likes

Flew the twin otter from Saint Martin to TJSJ

1 Like

Flew around the Barakoma airstrip, late 1943…

7 Likes

Used the flightsim.to Shetland scenery to take the Islander for a couple of FSEconomy flights around the Shetlands. This in the midst of watching the Shetland detective series at the moment (which I can highly recommend). One of the Islander liveries actually features in one of the episodes.

Btw, if you have never been to EG78, you definitely have to check it out. Just load a flight there. It is (one of) the most stunning scenery in the sim.

2 Likes