What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Sunday flight: Delta Air Lines A320 from Burbank (KBUR) to Medford (KMFR)

9 Likes

Had some shorter hops:

Checked out Svalbard. Had to rewind the calendar to august 2022 to actually see anything, but then I got a double rainbow

Enjoyed the keyboard functionality in the DA62, flying a full arrival and approach, pre-programed without turning knobs. Thanks again @BigCow74

Flew the Albatros further south in Mexico

Then flew from Cardiff to Dublin on Vatsim. It does not show on the screenshot I made afterwards, but finally I had control during the whole flight.

Even more, Shannon Control, you are a true champion of patience! I had some issues during my flight, somehow the sim rate went down to a trickle and I had not noticed it. Must have some conflicting keybindings. However the controller did not have me disconnect, patiently waited till I found what happened and let me resume my flight when I resolved it.

I also had the chance to have a vatsim first experance to fly a go-around :blush:

7 Likes

Borrowed one of the Oregon Air National Guard’s F-15s for a joyride to Mt Hood on this sunny winter’s day!

F-15 livery “City of Portland”

5 Likes

Took some pax from Toronto (CYYZ) to New York (KLGA), but ground had some issues with the bridge, so they used the wing instead. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Awesome flights! OIII-OIFM-OKBK-OIFM-OIII
Thank you Asobo, Fenix, GSX Pro, Aerosoft Homasim, YAG (for OKBK free scenery), Fsrealistic, Fsuipc, SLC, fshub, … for making this game just awesome! Hope it gets even better in the near future…

10 Likes

Please share the .pln file, if not too much of trouble. Thanks.

1 Like

Took a brand new HondaJet Elite from the factory at Greensboro and started practicing landings for the type rating :wink:

3 Likes

A favor if I might ask:

When you specify a flight, would you please include the name of the airport, (and location if not part of the name itself), along with the airport code so those of us who don’t have everything memorized, (:wink:), will know what you’re talking about?

Thanks!

I didn’t do anything. The thought of figuring out where to fly (such an uninspiring world map!), setting up a flight plan in Simbrief, programming Pilot2ATC and then start the sim and Navigraph on a second computer was just too overwhelming today.

Some days you just don’t feel it.

3 Likes

Having done some landing practice, I decided to fly a route, so I checked the Vatsim map, decided o a flight, made the plans, programmed the plans into the FMS, realised by this time all ATC logged off, decided on another route, programmed it and actually flew it…

Amsterdam (EHAM) to Karup (EKKA)

I had crazy winds during the whole flight, but especially above the sea, sometimes it exceeded 100kn, so I couldn’t really say I zipped the distance, poor airplane had to fly about 30 degrees off the intended direction to end up with the intended motion vector.

Sometime after receiving landing clearance I realised I forgot to start recording the flight, so I only have the landing to show:

4 Likes

View of the INOP sculpture.
It is by the famous (and / or infamous) underground “artist” Saptain Cim.
More or less a cool guy, or not, I guess.
Makes a lot of stuff with absolutely no functionality other than taking up space and costing money.

3 Likes

First i landed the Suicide-Fox on this post-stamp:

Then relaxed, lighted up a camp fire, put something to eat on the fire, sunk some drinks and simply enjoyed the countryside:

6 Likes

Set off from Brigue to Domo d Ossola today, recreating the famous voyage of Jorge Chavez in 1910 across the Alps in a Bleriot. No ailerons, no trim, no throttle and no navigation. Here I am at about 8000’ trying desperately hard to choose the right valley to get to Domo d Ossola.

Came down like a Stuka (8000’ to 900’ - should have circled really but short of time) to land here. Actual runway is a mistake to land on as I have no brakes either, keeps on rolling. Land on the grass.

When Chavez did it in 1910, the plane either fell apart through stress on landing or a gust of wind hit it and flipped it. Chavez died 4 days later from his injuries and was the first man to cross the Alps by air.

Beautiful plane, you can’t take your hands off the stick as it goes nose up and climbs. Forever blipping the engine coming down to keep the airspeed low ish.

https://smithsonianeducation.org/scitech/impacto/graphic/aviation/jorge.html

12 Likes

That is amazing, was it terrifying?

1 Like

Monday flight: Delta Air Lines A320 from Medford (KMFR) to Kalispell Glacier Park (KGPI)

13 Likes

Even though the HondaJet is made in USA, it desperately needs to be flown over Japan, so I took a Nagasaki (RJFU) to Osaka (RJOO) route. This time I got lucky and had 80kn of tailwind, thus clearing the distance in under one hour.

The vicinity of Kochi was all snow and ice in the sim, I wonder if it’s anything alike IRL at the moment.

My initial impressions of the HondaJet are pretty good, too bad it doesn’t have the panoramic view of the Cision Jet from the cockpit.

7 Likes

I had to make a 90 degree turn to the right as I was going over the top as did Chavez. If you choose to turn right down the wrong valley …. that’s it, there’s nowhere to land and not enough fuel to go back. How much the extreme cold would play with your thought processes I don’t know, so yes, I imagine the guy was scared.
I read an article by a Swedish guy who flies one at air shows, you need both hands on the stick as well, a very difficult plane to fly.

2 Likes

Taking the WB-Sim C172 up to Alaska on a whim. Still currently in Canada. My latest stop is CAX7.

4 Likes

Beautiful evening to fly into Vancouver

9 Likes

Kirigamine Glider Field (in Japan) to Matsumoto Airport(RJAF)

8 Likes