What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Short flight from Santa Maria Airport to Halter Ranch Vineyard, a beautiful place in real life.
Hope to see some third-party scenario about it in the future.
In the sim that strip is so bumpy.

8 Likes

Easy Saturday Afternoon (woke up late IRL) - taking the 170 for an early dinner at Block Island from Newport.

Happiness is trimmed level, in cruise.

11 Likes

Saturday flight: EasyJet A320 from Vienna (LOWW) to Copenhagen (EKCH)

12 Likes

Monterey to SF (Heywood Exec) - reflying the Staggerwing with the aluminum dash mod (looks real Spiffy) and the revised Camera views.

9 Likes

My latest legs on my around-the-world journey sees me travelling across the Arabian peninsula to Dubai, UAE.

Despite the vastness of the Arabian desert, there are incredible sights, from natural forces, such as sea and desert, to human created features seen in agriculture and urbanization.

Departure
Sakaka, Saudi Arabi - OESK

Flaming sand

Turquoise

Crop circles

Approach and Arrival

Architecture
Classic

Modern

My next stop is in Pakistan, as I make my way across the sub-continent to SE Asia.

Happy Flying :airplane: :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Manchester (EGCC) to London City (EGLC) tonight

Manchester ground was really helpful and took time to improve my flight plan by a lot. I tried to plan airways as close as possible to a direct line between the two airports, but I did not realise that there was actually an epic STAR to London City that starts almost at Manchester.

The flight itself was pretty uneventful, but as I was on very short final, even below minimums, I got a connection lost window, which obscures most of the screen… I managed to tick it off and land (another sub par one) but oh boy, I wish that error message was smaller, and in a corner…

As for the good news, I was absolutely awed how the full Moon illuminates the airplane at night. So far if I ever tried to take exterior pictures in a night flight, the best I could haveI were outlines against the lights of a city.

I recorded the flight too, but as usual it will take time to upload and process:

6 Likes

Practicing with the updated Longitude.

Doing KSNA John Wayne → L35 Big Bear, which is a short hop for a jet… but there’s no ILS there, and while there is a published RNAV approach for runway 26, in-game ATC gave me a visual approach and vectored me in (which, amazingly, actually sorta put me in the right direction for once :smiley: )

I’m still having trouble lining up manually in the Longitude; I’m used to taking GA props or the Vision jet in here and they’re lighter and easier to maneuver! Practice makes perfect…

Nice view of Fashion Island shopping center during climb out of John Wayne:

Looking north over Ontario, California to the Cajon Pass:

Approaching Big Bear Lake:

Oops!

5 Likes

Flight from KSFO to KRNO and back to KSFO in Fenix A320.

6 Likes

Flew the PMDG 737 700 from Dallas Love to Phoenix Sky Harbor as Southwest Airlines

2 Likes

Did a little of this…

5 Likes

Today I flew over a war zone. A panoramic flight over Donetsk, Opytne and Avdeevka, from Donetsk International Airport. From 2015 to 2022, the frontline of the Ukrainian civil war was frozen exactly at the runway of this airport. A few months ago, the forces of Donetsk Peoples’ Republic, helped by Russia, managed to move the front a little to the north, after Opytne. Despite the airplanes and buses at the airport, this is pure fantasy. It has been completely ruined during 8 years of war. No wonder it is an international airport without ATC.

A busy phantom airport.

Central Donetsk (under Russian control).

Still over central Donetsk.

The frontline is situated now after that village along the river, called Opytne.

Opytne.

Typical Sovietic residential sector at Adveevka, which has been transformed into a fortress by the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Almost landing.

The airport still exists on maps and on MSFS 2020. In reality, it’s completely ruined and no aircraft uses it.

Parked at a phantom airport.

Edit: I’ve also edited the next short I’ll publish on my Youtube channel next monday (https://youtube.com/@fswt).

6 Likes

A loop around Scotland. After more than a few updates of a freeware Lossiemouth and one for the Eurofighter, I gave it and other locations a whirl (and right after, Lossiemouth was updated again). Fine flight, though.

8 Likes

A smorgasboard of flying today - I needed the break after a really long and exhausting week at the day job.

Getting reacquainted with the Turbo Bonanza - I fixed Robert Young’s mod so you no longer need to keep the Working Title G1000 NXi 0.1.4 “bridge utility” in the Marketplace. It will now reference the latest G1000 NXi in the sim itself. ASI still broke though.

Recreated a typical US Embassy Staggerwing Courier Flight - Duxford to Paris. The aluminum panel mod lightens up the interior a lot - I really like it.

Tried out the Baron - I typically eschewed this twin because I much prefer the DA62, but it was okay. Because of the similarity of the panel, it felt like a twin Bonanza of sorts. I can’t say I’d be flying this again - nothing really wrong with it, it just didn’t appeal to me for one reason or another.

Orlando to Key West in the SR22 - RWY09 is always a picturesque approach with the cruise ships clustered in the harbor.

11 Likes

That is an amazing rig :+1:

2 Likes

Two shorter flights today: from Pécs Pogány (LHPP) to Losnij (LDLO) in the Vision Jet

And an Innsbruck (LOWI) to Graz (LOWG) in the HondaJet

No pics, but a video will be available in a few hours:

6 Likes

Yesssss! Nicely done.

1 Like

Crashed the Longitude at Big Bear again. Still getting the hang of doing a manual pattern in this bird; it flies like an airliner and it’s easy to end up overcorrecting and getting yourself into a stall on final if you’re too high or not lined up right! :smiley:

Stay alive, go around. :wink:

4 Likes

Hello, I’ve just purchased this aircraft today after some research. As a beginner into casual flight as well as some more serious stuff, it’s perfect!

1 Like

The Vison Jet or the HondaJet? Though both are similar and very well done.

I bought the VJ first to start flying more by the books as it seemed more for the student pilot and I just love the panoramic view from it.

The HJ has more jet like performance and I like its ergonomy better, but it is less forgiving.

Both have the same issues with the “flight plan unsynchronised” or maybe I have. I’m not sure.

But I can only recommend them anyway.

4 Likes

So today i downloaded the 1.0.8 version of the DC Designs F14 tom kitty.
Practiced my case 1 Carrier landing and i must admire the work his team have done. She is my favourite plane in this game. I cant stop flying it. Beautiful :ok_hand:

3 Likes