What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

On a beautiful flight into Juneau, Alaska today I got a pop-up message announcing:

Thousand Hours

16 Likes

This time I was following a video tutorial on Daher TBM 930 avionics to know it better (a very good tutorial, indeed). But, since I did not file the flight plan loading it from Little Navmap, but inserted it directly into the avionics suite, it seems that the ATC was not much aware of my plans. The fact is that it changed landing on 11L to 11R and I missed the approach – I was not prepared to change the procedure at that moment. It was a Goiania-Brasilia flight (SBGO-SBBR).

Exiting from Goiânia.

Mid of flight.

Almost intercepting the localizer (I had already given up using autopilot on FMS mode)

Final using AP on LOC.

Parking.

But I did not give up. I started a new flight high over Brasilia and prepared myself to insert approach info literally “on the fly”.

Used Floyd’s 3/8 rain and clear preset. So I had mild bad weather.

Reached final on FMS autopilot mode.

Taxiing over a road with Ricksim’s SBBR scenario.

5 Likes

Intercepting a non-responsive flight over Italy… :wink:

Cheers,
Nish

8 Likes

Just a short hop with the Albatros today from Costa Rica to Panama (MROC-MPDA):

5 Likes

Buffalo Bill Reservoir, Yellowstone, Wyoming, U.S.A.

6 Likes

Yellowstone Lake, Wyoming, U.S.A.

8 Likes

Old Faithful Geyser, Yellowstone, Wyoming, U.S.A.

7 Likes

Three flights today:

1. My youngest granddaughter flew the Robin DR-400/100 from Ostafayvo (UUMO) to Domededovo, (UUDD), landed, took off again, flew back to Ostafayvo and landed with minimal assistance from me.

2. Flew the PMDG DC-6B out of Charles De-Gaul airport in France, got lost, and aborted the flight.
    (I got lost on the ground too and had the Devil’s own time finding the runway!)

3. Flew the “Paris Discovery Flight” in the Robin DR-400, (the default aircraft for that flight?), toodled around a bit looking at things, and then landed at Charles De-Gaul Airport. I came in way, WAY too shallow and almost took out the runway marker lights leading up to the runway! Well, at least I didn’t wreck the aircraft. . . .

6 Likes

Flew a successful coupled VNAV with STAR into very challenging London City Center (LGLC) from FL310 down to the final approach at 2000’. Ah-May-Zing. Nothing was as smooth as the real-deal Garmin functionality.

10 Likes

A short IFR flight over the city where I was born, from SBBI (Bacacheri Airport, with the excellent Lucassg scenery) to SBCT (Afonso Pena Airport, dbscenery mod). They’re only 8 nautical miles away from each other, but SIDs and STARs transform it in a 121 nm flight. There is a video of a real life flight in this route with the Phenom 100.

Climbing.

“Cruise”.

Already at final.

Over the Iguaçu river, runway ahead.

Parked after a flight with a very typical (live) weather for that place.

5 Likes

That avionics suite combined with the performance of the Daher TBM 930 is captivating me! Also a very beautiful flight.

1 Like

Quick jaunt from John Wayne (KSNA) to Catalina (KAVX). Bit of a crosswind landing!

12 Likes

I decided to take some virtual tourists from Cologne (EDDK) to a beer trip to Chimay, closest to which is Cerfontaine (EBCF) airport. However there were no IFR procedures for arrival/approach, so I held Florennes AB (EBFS) as an alternate. Which turned out to be a good choice as there was no visibility at Cerfontaine so I ended up landing at the air force base. Luckily they don’t mind it in MSFS.

Video here in a few hours:

7 Likes

“La Paloma” in Bilbao

2 Likes

Taking my TBM on a 50 state capital trip. This morning I left Honolulu for Sacramento.

It’s amazing the range of the TBM 930 when you remove the seats and add a couple hundred gallon tank.

9 Likes

Enjoying the snow in Oregon! From indoors, on the simulator. :wink:

7 Likes

After longer break, because my PC got broken, I continued my Italy tour following places from James Maye - Our Man in Italy. Today it was LIMJ (Sestri) :airplane: LILC (Calcinate Del Pesce) with sightseeing over Lake Como.

8 Likes

Just flying the KA-10 around New Zealand, looking at Hobbit Houses, and camping out behind random people’s homes with mysterious floating trees.

6 Likes

Protesting against the French Military’s decision to hold a March through Paris to celebrate the end of WW1 (pilots had to march and not fly) Charles Godefroy flew his Nieuport through the Arc Du Triomphe on the 7th August 1919.
He arranged for 2 friends to film his exploit, one on either end of the Arc.

The French authorities were ‘livid,’ they eventually caught up with him, he received a warning. After this exploit he had to promise his family he would never fly again - he retired to his wine trade. (I can see why he didn’t fly again)

The Nieuport 17

Flying on a bearing of 060 from Villacoublay up to the Seine and left along the River Seine.

As you approach the business district, turn right - up the Champs Elysees

And through we go…in reality, 3m clearance off each wingtip.

Head for home …. (Trying to avoid the SAM’s!!!)

15 Likes

Very nice plane to fly in the sim by the way, take off and landing easy. No flaps, but does have trim - and trims nicely. ‘Blipping’ the engine helps reduce speed for landing - I shut off the mixture quickly too or it rolls forever.