What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

I planned to take a look at Diablo4 early open beta today instead of flying, but it turns out that it will only open by the time I will be long in my next shift, so I decided to try and do the smooth landing I achieved yesterday with the DA62, but this time with the HondaJet. I flew the exact same route, so I only recorded the landing:

Wasn’t as smooth as with the Da62, but smooth enough :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I had a play with developing my own aircraft ‘the flying drainpipe’ using Blender:

A View from the cockpit (a bit draughty)

Coming in to land:

On the taxiway:

18 Likes

It’s studylevel, isn’t it?
No studylevel, no buy!
:rofl:

2 Likes

Picked up the Sting S4, what a nice plane!

10 Likes

Orientation Flight - PVD to BID

10 Likes

Key West to Northeast Regional, first leg of following Rt. 1 US East Coast Bush Trip:

9 Likes

I have been flying a bit over japan, and chile (yesterday)

and today tried to make a convert of liveries for the Analog bonanza wich took me a lot of time ! I had to figure out why the tips tanks were not just blank and had “random” color, I finally understood and fixed this in the better way I thought.
I have learned a lot today about liveries !

5 Likes

I flew from Rapid City, South Dakota to Gillette, Wyoming, passing over Mt. Rushmore and Devil’s Tower

6 Likes

After all this creator’s add-ons settled down (he’s still tweaking), I loaded up his scenery and flew around French Guiana. Nice job. He’s done several locations, including the Ariane space launch facility and the three islands my generation collectively called ‘Devil’s Island’.

7 Likes

Sting S4 - VFR blustery day at Melbourne AU and then an IFR proficiency hop through low cloudbase/rain in the DA-40, Martha’s Vineyard to Newport.

8 Likes

Well, not today, but yesterday and before I practiced crosswind landings.

First day, 13 horrible landings with crosswind around 10kn. Maybe 2 were ok. Second day, 14 fine landings with crosswind 5kn in opposite direction.

4 Likes

Flew KMYF->1CA6->KRNM->CA37 (Temecula) in the JPL C152. Busted out the GTN750 and flew the pink line the whole way. I love the ability to look up navaids on there, it’s a bit like Google Maps in the sky.

2 Likes

There are actually flyable models like this.
I’ve actually seen tubular paper airplanes that fly better than conventional designs.

I believe the military experimented with a similar design sometime around the 60’s or so.

1 Like

Must’ve just missed you. I was KSEE-KBNG in the WB-Sim 172, but picking my way around under the class bravo (and through RNM’s airspace with the closed tower) then out over Temecula and into Banning.

2 Likes

Borg El Arab Intl (HEBA) to Marsa Alam Intl (HEMA) as part of my round the world tour:

11 Likes

Salzburg (LOWS) to Budapest (LHBP) in the HondaJet

Both Austria and Hungary had CTR online, austria even had two of themm online when I took off, so I was lucky enough to have ATC coverage for the full flight.

I even made a video, however I got a phonecall before taking off, so I had to cut the first part off for youtube:

4 Likes

Found a seaplane base just outside Portland, Oregon and took the floater Wilga out for a spin. :smiley:

11 Likes

Leg 12 around pacific (last leg inside Philippines). RPLL :airplane: RPLI

6 Likes

Sightseeing over Vancouver

Practicing landings at Soldier Bar (85U)

Chicago Midway (KMDW) and back

10 Likes

Sorry, didn’t get any pics or video, but I was flying the G58 Baron from Portland to Anchorage and 280 NM SE of PANC, I ran into a localized squall. But as I skirted it , the Starboard wing and engine was definitely picking up a lot more rain than the port side. I noticed the starboard engine cylinder head temp was at 185F while the port was 190F. Seconds later, when I cleared the squall, the starboard engine returned to 190F and matched the port engine again! Reality programming? I don’t know, but I was amazed that that little detail showed up :open_mouth:

6 Likes