What do you expect in SU6

I would think that since it’s getting released tomorrow, they would have the Release Notes stickied to the top of the forum.

The published release notes are, of course, for the beta that is currently being tested. They also say that the actual update may not be exactly the same - so don’t get your hopes up too high!

No doubt there will also be a few “mini-fixes” that don’t appear in the notes as per previous updates.

default ATC update.

I expect that Asobo has been working hard to ‘fix the community issues’ when in fact it will only have been some in the community who wanted a specific fix/change and so when Asobo ‘fixes’ the problem it will cause many other community members to complain about ‘the new bug’ Asobo just introduced whether it be the intentional change or an unintentional side effect of that change.
and around we go.

1 Like

My sim is finally working after weeks spent debugging and optimizing every single aspect of it. I even upgraded to win 11 so much I felt better now. HDR looks better, found the reason I had stuttering sound . And now that I have access to my bios I finally turned on XMP (I have 64 GB DDR4 3600)which gave me a big boost making any flight in any conditions smooth. Now here comes SU6 and I know I will have to do this all over again. :rofl:

I would expect the expected. The release notes of what SU6 consisted of were posted weeks ago. Anything outside of what was outlined by the developer team would be a bonus.

1 Like

grafik

While the lighting inside the clouds is an issue, there’s also a massive rasterization of the color gradient.

Obviously they made changes to the rendering engine to adapt for XBox. Here’s what was discussed on the MS SDK Q&A platform . I’m not an expert, but what I am seeing in the images provided there may well explain that extra compression introduced in the colour palette for SU5 that is being used to render is now introducing the artefacts we are seeing.

If you are interested what the dev’s have to say, support this for the upcoming Q&A:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/can-you-explain-the-changes-in-su5-that-lead-to-color-banding-and-fringes-for-many-user-on-sdr-monitors-and-are-they-fixable/443671

Provided this isn’t solved with SU6 (and there’s no hint in the release notes so far), here’s a thread dealing with the issue to upvote:

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m really confused as to why people are posting what they’d like to be fixed by SU6?.. As several have noted they’ve already told us everything that’s fixed in SU6, and it’s basically in the can and coming out in a couple of days. Won’t be much more in it than what they said would be in it, it’s possible even less (but not likely).

Not that I disagree with what’s being asked to be fixed. If it’s not on the list, it likely won’t be there. Doesn’t mean it won’t be in a future release…

sooo i just wanted to fly from venice to the canary islands with a b747
i nearly reached my cruise FL … but then: CTD (xbox series x)
i say to myself “no problem, i will just load my savegame i did 1 hour before…”
but then: my whole IFR/mcdu planning is messed up / gone

the CTDs happen on almost EVERY SECOND FLIGHT i do (i mainly fly long haul flights)
and you cant properly SAVE AND LOAD this game since essential data is missing and your flight is messed up for yourself/ATC

i want to quote the latest Q&A
“We are paying attention to crashes; we have a zero-crash policy.”

this is worse than cyberpunk…this is SCAM

1 Like

Not quite 100% correct, They have given a list of SOME of the major things they have addressed in SU6, but there are many other Bugs they have fixed, that are NOT on that list.

1 Like

I don’t expect much to be honest. Maybe a few things broken. ATC needs a complete overhaul and it’s my main beef as it’s pretty much useless as it is. And that won’t happen on this update.

1 Like

Fix blurry lights on 4k and (super-)UWs. Been broken since release. Gives a headache just flying for 10min as the eyes try to focus those unfocusable lights. Notes reports fixed, so x’ing fingers…

On the Release Notes, they mention “fixed gaps between some ground surfaces”.

I’m wondering what that is in reference to: the huge gaps in terrain bug, the (relatively) smaller cracks in certain coastlines/ground terrain bug, or the flashing, dashed lines that can be seen in all airport aprons and runways. Maybe all of the above?

Bugs.

2 Likes

I’m expecting silence from the devs like after su5 after more bugs are highlighted on the forums/Facebook not forgetting those who have no issues to claim all is well and its the imagination of those affected.
Let’s see what reality actually brings, who knows I may be wrong and on this occasion would love to be wrong but I dont think I will be.
The clocks ticking…

I have been communicating to the forum for more than half a year a problem that seems to be almost unsolvable since in the forum, practically nobody can help me. It is more important (for me than all the answers I have seen in this post), since I can hardly fly. This is my problem that I had never felt and suffered:

1º).-A good part of the airplanes, the engine stops at the beginning of the flight. Some of them stop as soon as I get ready to take off, others in mid-flight. I try to start with “Ctrl+E” and some of them start, but immediately stop again. I only found 2 that fly normally:

2º). "Zlin A. Savage Club and Zlin A. Shock Ultra that fly normally.

And now, something much worse (and hard to believe):

a) - I almost always fly in “ready to fly”.

b) - This MSFS Extra 330 stalls very often; I start it and it stalls again, every day, it stalls almost when I turn it on again.

c) Sometimes it appears on the runway with the engine stopped, I start it, and sometimes I start it but sometimes it doesn’t do it. It is not the only one that stalls the engine, also do it: Cessna 152; Baron G 58, Cesna Citation CJ4, King, and others that are the ones that I usually fly. These two have never stalled: Zlin Savage CUB, and Zlin Shock Ultra,

d) - This is hard to believe: after restarting the engine, it runs with non-uniform rpm; it goes in jerks (accelerates and decelerates with regular time intervals) until it stops again.

e) - and even more difficult: While in flight, with the engine rpm (and consequently, its power) failing, all the avionics on the instrument panel are turned off, all the digital displays are turned off, but the engine continues to work, albeit irregularly.

Continued engine shutdowns of any aircraft

Since July 7th of this year, the engine of most of the aircrafts continues to stall, especially the Extra 330, and even the recently acquired Eurofighter Typhoon.
The stalls occur in any circumstance: at start-up, at the beginning of the flight, when I have been flying for some time, etc.

I usually fly in “ready to fly”, so there is no possibility that the stalls are the consequence of some incorrect manipulation by me in any configuration of the flight conditions. I think it is a programming problem.
Regards: Delfin

Because Asobo was the one who changed it to begin with. They know what they did and why. All anyone is asking is for the same graphics quality we had when the sim was released.

You assume that everything is orderly. I don’t see anything in the bugs that are encountered or the updates that indicate a method to the madness.

This software feels like an old house which has had many owners and when you turn on a light switch in the basement, the garage door opens… but then gets stuck halfway…

3 Likes

I’m anticipating flying one more flight tonight on my fairly stable SU5 setup and then tomorrow trying to figure out what is wrong.

I’m expecting to be pleasantly surprised.

4 Likes

As per the SU6 fix list…

If you are having issues with other aircraft stalling on the ground at idle, I might suggest reviewing the leaning procedure for those. Particularly if starting at hi altitude airports.

1 Like