What to expect on 18th August

… future updates which do not mess up the whole thing? Starting with the update itself that won’t start, or crash in the middle of a blue bar?
maybe it´s asking too much though…

3 Likes

bruuu… asobo is also not critical…when they need a rest, they derserve it.

2 Likes

maybe a working sim with no essential packages missing message at the start, maybe a sim where I can start a flight from the world menu and not only do discovery flights or bush flights.

but, it’s not working for the last 15 days so I expect nothing !

2 Likes

Absolutely true! :+1:

Ah yes, I remember the contest for summer hols (was in BT too), that and xmas

After a year of working in this pandemic world, and finding that everything we have done has been unappreciated by most of our users, we have decided to close up shop and take this project down.

-???

Would be good for all.

2 Likes

replay function !

3 Likes

If I base this on the past year:

• more bugs
  • bugs I’ve never had before
  • a plane will break
  • weather will show blizzard in Kuwait
  • AP will become more ‘self-aware’ like Skynet and try to kill me
  • Flight plans will still change when I simply choose a parking spot
  • C700 will still roll when in flight
  • will still get CTD
  • more liveries will break
  • no work on Boeings
  • Summer weather at 30,000
  • all my settings will be gone
  • I’ll lose my progress for the 4th time in the last year.

I’m being honest. Let’s watch the forums after the next update (which is usually a beta for the following hotfix which is a beta for the 2nd hotfix.)

12 Likes

I think we all need to go outside once in a while…remember to breathe

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA you made my day! So true!

2 Likes

Where have all those pilots gone
long time passing
Where have all those pilots gone
long time ago
Crash to desktop everyone
Oh when will they ever learn
oh when will they ever learn

I do not like to bring COVID into this but

So many have been unable to work during the past year, or work from home etc … do they really need a 3 week vacation from part time work.

I would have hoped most companies were trying to catch up.

Also, if European vacation are an issue, GREAT TIME to launch X-Box release, with all its potential issue, just before a 3 week vacation period where nothing can get done to correct anything.

Then again, if MSFS is “just a game”, who really cares how much time is wasted, playing with it, and trying to figure out all its issues…

In the “Big Picture” of life, MSFS is so so so unimportant, ( to most.)

4 Likes

Not everybody takes their 4 weeks off at the same time obviously. (But indeed, summer is the worst time of year to try to get something delivered by the postal service here in Sweden where we do the same thing.)

The stability of MSFS seem to be varying a lot even on XBox, which is even weirder.

2 Likes

personally? nothing.

I dont want to say it or be that person, but at this moment is just sad but true.

I imagine that with the millions of lines of code, some must have errors that they must lead nowhere and cause CTD. The fault of the hardware is certainly not for nothing, because often, a hardware problem, memory, gpu, cpu acces disk, provoquement a complete stop of the machine forcing a reset.

1 Like

I expect some sort of airplane, but hey you never know :slight_smile:

August 18th is a date that is very dear to me, for personal reasons.
I’d like to see an aircraft from 1939, like the Heinkel He 178, first ever plane powered by turbojet.
Around the same time, the Vickers Warwick, Messerschmitt Bf 110-D and Spitfire MK-I were important airplanes.

1 Like

Windows 10 has more lines of code. If Windows 10 had as many CTD issues, Microsoft could (likely would) be forced out of business.

Size of development team or MSFS is not an excuse. If a team wants to produce something, then do an acceptable job at doing it, or stay home.

2 Likes