What would make MSFS "complete" for you?

I couldn’t agree more on that point :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, I have seen that few times as well, though I would dare to say increasing the taxiing speed on the runway would improve the traffic at least 95% of the time.

And that’s how this genre works.

Maybe.

Post must be at least 10 characters.

Yes I’ve seen that as well. Those are just two issues out of many. I’ve seen planes land and then just rotate in a circle on the runway, not to mention they dance sometimes too…it’s very amusing.

1 Like

Totally agree VATSIM is the best but I like ATC full coverage. From taking off and Landing. VATSIM is limited in that respect.

1 Like

In FSX, I had over 300 airlines with 1000’s liveries installed and spent 100’s, if not 1000’s of hours working on AI flight plans over the life of FSX (It was kind of my own personal hobby, I work in aviation and have an interest in airlines of the world)
So anything that MSFS can hope to get licenses for would be miniscule compared to my FSX set up. Once/If the AI system gets better I will look into the AIG AI Manager and other addons but for now the AI behaviour is just not up to scratch.

Definitely that is the biggest weakness.

However the biggest strength is that the injected traffic is other pilots who are flying generally realistically even if ATC isn’t online to see it. Which is FAR superior to MSFS baked in multi-player or AI right out of the gate.

So, it has big advantages even if you’re just tuned to unicom.

2 Likes

That is very true. However, the key difference is that previous simulators (released fully working or otherwise) were largely left alone by the devs and that meant that the community/third-parties could take over and enrich the experience as a whole.

What we have with MFS is a constant reset button. FSX was a bit of a mess at launch and yet it eventually went down as one of the best PC Flight Sims ever made. Why? Because barring Acceleration (which actually was a fairly decent upgrade) , it was largely left alone by the devs.

This will get to that stage eventually too. My memory is it took about 3 years for FSX to really fully stabilize and become what most people remember it as. But time spans in old memory get compressed. So I think a lot of people believe it was better earlier than it really was.

2 Likes

Hey all, I agree with AI traffic, ATC and weather. Yes, they should be addressed. But the one thing I feel that needs attention also is the shimmering in the scenery. It’s unacceptable. I think what brings this sim ahead of the others is the visual standpoint. When it first came out it looked fantastic…and I think that’s the first part of the immersion. Around SU5 it went downhill. I know many people spent a ton of money in buying systems just for this sim…myself included. And now no matter what is done, this problem still exists. Instead of Microsoft and Asobo decorating this sim, I think many people would appreciate if they would focus on this problem and of course the others mentioned in this poll. Quite frankly, I don’t think Reno Air races was an imperative implementation before addressing this and the other existing issues. C’mon Microsoft and Asobo, it’s time to re-prioritize.

3 Likes

In no particular order.

1 - Automatic popout and position/sizing of previously popped out windows on a per aircraft basis.

2 - Fix performance issues around popped out windows.

3 - Fix touch screen support for popped out windows.

4 - Correctly implemented (aka Xplane) multi monitor support.

5 - Open up the SDK to allow access to currently un-usable Sim connect variables and events.

6 - Have a fix all bugs before introducing new stuff policy.

7 - Implement automatic per aircraft controller assignments. When I load an aircraft type my controller settings for that aircraft get loaded at the same time.

That will do for now as I don’t think a project like this can ever be truly complete.

5 Likes

If they could remove the horizon line…

4 Likes

+1 for all home cockpit improvements! Great list!

1 Like

I give my vote to AI traffic and ATC together. I think this shouldn’t be hard. AI traffic visuals are bad anyway (landing etc. did you ever see an AI plane landing, it is ridiculous) so I just need an AI traffic with logical distances approaching in a standart way, landing when the runway is empty and then clear the runway asap. They can even do this standart for a runway and for specific types of aircrafts. (i.e.all commercial jets approaching with 210 knots, reduce speed with same deceleration rate and then land with 132, just gave here random numbers) which I believe would make things easier. So by doing this AI ATC can make the planning our approach easier. When the vicinity of the airport is empty, ATC can direct me to a waypoint, if not we can follow STAR like other planes, get in line for landing. ATC can tell us to reduce speed just as the AI aircraft so we can keep the distance. After this as soon as the runway empty we can land. This can easily ensure the feeling of flying in a busy airspace and or/from busy airport.

1 Like

Visible copilot model… I’m sick of having to sit in my cockpit all alone in my A320neo and A330neo. Mugz’s mod is wonderful, but since the FBW community voted against having the copilot mod, Mugz’s mod had to be run separately and whenever there’s an update to dev version, there’s always a risk of it causing issue with the mod.

I just wish there’s a more built-in function that allows us to choose which pilots are visible in the cockpit.

1 Like
  1. A dedicated MFD app that mirrors the planes display onto my tablet.

2. Working buttons. Several On / Off keybindings dont work.

3. Fixing all bugs related to text scaling (in Accessibility).

4. Voice recognition for ATC communication.

2 Likes

An overhaul on the atc to include human controllers for xbox would be nice

1 Like

The sim don’t need a lot of new feature to be complete, just existing features to work properly. Perhaps a better weather briefing management to prepare a flight, and to be more open (and documented) to 3rd party (weather, AI, avionics). in all time, this is addons that made FS really good.
A2A are coming, with just a few things like a better ATC, a better traffic, some good avionics like RXP and all bugs fixed (some here from the beginning), a true dx12 implementation (and not a dx11-dx12 bridge), dlss for better qualkity and perf, some settings for VR (like brightness, view scale…) i could be happy.

6 Likes

Passengers
-different colors for the day
-calima
-Remove ghastly atmospheric blue
-fix the bright clouds

• yellow fields with sunflowers (contrast for green ones)
    -enhance greens look hideous and dull turn red
    -improve the homogeneity of the landscape
    -atc real
    -professional career mode
    -Airplanes that work
  • when they update that they do not spoil what they had fixed …