What's Going to be in the Next Update

I believe you’re wrong for many reasons about this.

You might want to read this first:

and follow the included links in order to understand what I’m talking about precisely

Then this:

And once done, you might want to further think about this:

On a positive note, Sebastian did address this specific question and did say, albeit indirectly, they are indeed revamping the task scheduler. They have already started if I’m not mistaken with the tessellation (and it is WIP and could be part of what is now causing less performance since WU3), and I also believe they won’t have any other way of doing in order to fully support DX12 multi-threading optimization opportunities, unless when he is saying “don’t expect a fps boost because of DX12”, it might not provide them the same optimization path which benefited XP11 with Vulkan (DX12 and Vulkan are very similar - just at the higher level of viewing this - about this specific optimization opportunity).

I believe the necessity of supporting Linux, macOs and Windows are compelling reasons to build your own instead of relying of the OS provided per-app thread pool and this definitely gives an advantage to XP11 for this matter. I don’t know if FS2020 is implementing their own or if they are using the OS provided ones only:
Thread Pool API - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs
User-Mode Scheduling - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs

1 Like