When is the next hotfix?

Well considering that very few people can get or afford a 30 series GPU, then yeah why not? If the product was restricted to those high end systems it would be a very small market indeed and probably not worth the return on investment.

See how Xbox comes about?

The role of a AAA game is to have value for the publishers and devs.
Nothing else

1 Like

Yes, I don’t think they understand the severity of the bugs they’ve introduced. I’ve certainly had CTD since the latest hotfix, and I’m sure like me many others have not bothered to mention it on the forums or via Zendesk. Yesterday I watched a YouTube video about how best to resume your flight after a CTD, from a regular YouTuber who has obviously suffered himself. It is very widespread, and they should accept this.

Asobo are also downplaying the popping issue:

LOD Popping and Stutter when Camera Panning – PC Simmers with graphics set to Ultra will experience this when panning the camera around very quickly.

I’m mostly on medium (not ultra), and I get significant popping on forward view just flying along (without panning).

Asobo will not gain friends by continuously pretending the problems are minor, but saying they’ll fix them anyway.

1 Like

Well apparently all is well in MS land

Yes, I wish Asobo would create a log file containing events from sim start to sim stop.

In an ideal world it would include all community mods loaded, and the file would have a checksum indicating whether the file had been tampered with. This file would be required when logging a Zendesk ticket.

@surfkidAT Welcome to the forums.

Please see, in the forum guide section, this post about Trust Levels.

Once a user has reached TL1 new topics can be created.

However, in the meantime please use the forum search function (magnifying glass top right) and search to see if a thread for the issue you want to discuss already exists.

Back on topic…

2 Likes

Absolutely. The Xbox runs this just as well as a mid range spec gaming pc from about 3 years ago after SU5
(After all, in its development cycle the hardware inside it was defined about 3 years ago and the desktop equivalent components were released about 2 years ago.)

But it already ran pretty ok on my old 10xx series gaming pc anyway. It just wasn’t entirely playable in VR and I had to be realistic about the settings.

I’ll be able to upgrade my pc during the 5 years too…

No I would say that 80% of users have the problem based on this forum.

1 Like

You think even 25% of the users who own and play Flight Simulator know about or post to this forum? I don’t.

Most people just buy, use, and enjoy the game.

Yes but percentages work on average numbers so you don’t need everyone to post, it’s like a fractal.

1 Like

Not sure I even understand that comment. An average is an average. A percentage is a percentage.

But the reality is that most people don’t post to forums or comment about something that’s working fine or that they’re happy about. Casual users probably don’t even know this forum exists.

But none of that really matters I guess.

That has to be right. If you look at the forum Badges that can be awarded, for example obtaining TL1, 88800 people have this of the untold millions that supposedly purchased the sim.

1 Like

I don’t see many first time posters in the 80% that are broken on here. Percentages include averages, they only fail if you get a lot of new posters. I’m not including XBox users either as they have a unfair advantage.

The next attempt to try to fix is WU6 on 24.08.2021 if we believe their roadmap, which has been quite accurate to this date.
For the hotfix, idunno.

-eelis-

The 970 was already a cripple at launch…I was one of the dumbos buying one…needless to say, got rid of that thing quickly😀 Those 3.5 gb vram didnt age well…

What you mean does Windows 11 to do with ?? :joy::money_mouth_face:

cheers

Look at any public release from Microsoft and you’ll find carefully crafted words that downplay the severity of issues. Just look at releases about MSFS discussing known issues with patches or when making a statement about bugs, you will find wording like:

• "May occasionally…
  • “in rare cases”
  • “can sometimes”
  • and in this case - “graphics set to Ultra will experience this when panning the camera around very quickly”

Yet ask someone actually using the software, and the “rare” issues they describe are pretty much happening to everyone all the time.

I’ve tested the popping on all graphics preset and it made no difference. And it doesn’t matter how fast or slow you pan around. The pop in is there and just as bad.

6 Likes

Official MSFS compatibility with Windows 11 is likely going to take some doing, right?

Lets see if at least Live Weather, ATC, and say the 787 are fixed to the standard that is claimed before Win 11 compatibility. Or is official Win 11 compatibility going to break these things even worse?

Who knows how many hotfixes will need to be scheduled because of DX12 compatibility too.

Hot-fix? or hot-damage?..update? or downgrade? are the questions of the year here. Hopefully things will settle down and an update will be just that, and there will be little or no need for hotfixes, but if there are, they fix things without damaging things.

1 Like

I don’t have the issues, or it happens in such a minor way as not to be problem.

I think some on these forums speak for “everyone” when they really mean themselves or others who do the same things they do.

1 Like

I really hope that the resolve the mountains rendering, I have flight over Alps and Pyrenees and its always rendering, is very sad watch how the mountains are rendering a lot of times…

I play on Xbox Series X.