Where Are You Going? What Are You Doing? Where Have You Been?

If you can remember… Where have you been?

Are you anywhere in particular right now for whatever fun/rp/exploration etc in MSFS?

What are your plans?

Right now, I’m RPing what I’d like to do.

It’s taken me from my home base airport of London City LCY/EGLC to Willow Grove, PA NXX/KNXX, to Eugene, OR EUG/KEUG, to Seattle’s Boeing Airfield in Seattle, WA BFI/KBFI to Dublin, Ireland DUB/EIDW for St. Patrick’s day to Chicago, IL ORD/KORD to Tijuana, Mexico TIJ/MMTJ to Tom’s River, NJ MJX/KMJX for Seaside Heights, NJ to and from London LCY/EGLC (again) to Bora, Bora BOB/NTTB in French Polynesia near Tahiti to Burbank BUR/KBUR for Hollywood, CA and Los Angeles in general to Palo Alto PAO/KPAO for Silicone Valley, CA and San Francisco, CA to Napa Valley, CA APC/KPC to Eugene, OR EUG/KEUG for Springfield, OR from there back to Bora Bora BOB/NTTB and London LCY/EGLC to Eugene, OR EUG/KEUG to Melbourne, Australia YMML to Gold Coast, Australia OOL/YBCG to Tom’s River, NJ MJX/KMJX to London LCY/EGLC to Philadelphia, PA PHL/KPHL to Aspen, CO ASE/KASE to Baltimore, BWI/KBWI to Teeside MME/EGNV for Whitby, North Yorkshire to Bologna, Italy BLQ/LIPE to Venice, Italy VCE/LIPE to Milan, Italy MXP/LIMC then LIN/LIML then back to MXP/LIMC to Pisa, Italy PSA/LIRP to Florence, Italy FLR/LIRQ for Florence & Tuscany to Rome, Italy CIA/LIRA to Catania, Sicily, Italy CTA/LICC to back to Rome, Italy but this time into FCO/LIRF to back to London LCY/EGLC my home to buzz around here Friday/Saturday night before going London LHR/EGLL to Tokyo, Japan NRT/RJAA and buzzing around Tokyo ever since…

I plan to leave Tokyo next week, I want to see some annual event in Kawasaki on Sunday that’s near Tokyo and I’m going off to Hiroshima after Tokyo in the week, then all around Japan after Tokyo.
Then I guess it’s back to England, I guess, back to London where my A’ belongs, then I’m thinking America then Jamaica.
I also have plans for England when I get back to the UK in this (probably before America I’d do that) (Lots of things I want to do in America), and something I want to do in Bulgaria and something else I want to do too involving Yokohama, Japan…

Before this, my first week or half week, I had airline ideas…
I went Eugene to
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Telaviv, Israel
Taipei, Taiwan
Gibraltar, British Overseas
London’s Gatwick Airport
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Tahiti, French Polynesia then Bora Bora

and from Teeside MME/EGVN to Acapulco, Mexico ACA/MMAA and Teeside MME/EGVN St. Louis, MO STL/KSTL and it was night in St. Louis, I think here was also when I first noticed somebody else online on the ground, I was a newb, just set it all to live and stuff too.

I saw Gatwick in the early morning, and I saw Tahiti in the day, I’ve only seen Jamaica, Sri Lanka and Taiwan at night in this game… I skipped to cruise on my way to Montego Bay, Jamaica from Eugene, Oregon and in the middle of that flight, the game put me over Albuquerque, NM somewhere with that ATC randomly talking to me… I’m used to Seatle ATC as whenever I left Eugene EUG/KEUG to go anywhere, they would take over, so I’m used to Seattle as my home ATC on here I’ve used Eugene EUG/KEUG that much.

I soon ditched this idea and went ‘what would I want if I could’ and started at the beginning of this thread from London LCY/EGLC to Willow Grove, PA NXX/KNXX.

I thought I’d write some of this stuff down before I get too deep into this and forget where I’ve been, and to plot out/plan where I want to go, and see where you all’ve been and what you’re doing and where you’re going.

2 Likes

As I’m from London (and know London/am at home in London), I plan to do something special too, after I’m back to the UK and done with coming back to the UK from Japan and America and Jamaica and places…

I want to recreate Jule Verne’s Around the World in Eighty Days route, starting/finishing here in London at the Reform Club in Pall Mall. From there, I wish to and because I know how, from there to
go to either London Charing Cross Station or London Victoria, Station (I forget which one was in the book) to the P&O Ferry port in Dover, England to then cross the English Channel from Dover to Calais to the P&O ferry port in Calais and on from there down to Paris and then over the Alps to Italy to India etc try and sim real-time it too (hence some planning maybe), and see if I can go around the world in 80 real hours… Giving me 3 days and 6 hours from when I do this as a deadline to do it by and seeing if doing this gives me an extra day on my local time for always heading East.

I figure I’d pick up an extra day going from Yokohama to San Francisco, giving me enough time locally to get from San Francisco over to New York City and over the pond to Liverpool and down to London.

We’d see.
I’d be betting with myself when I do that. Doing this challenge in real sim time might take a little planning and study and looking up Around the World in Eighty Days again for references on my part, but, this is something I want to do too, but not yet.

It’s also why I’m in Japan now in Tokyo in the game but avoiding Yokohama, I want to save Yokohama for this trip around the world, just constantly flying East, and see if I gain a day or anything.
I’d have to work this one out of course, but, it’s something I have in mind.

(The last one was me feeling all British one weekender in Amsterdam back in 2016). I went with my top hat and a UK flag to hang out my back pocket and rocked that one night in Amsterdam on that trip, needlessly to say, I’m a Brit and I’d be eager to get back to London in doing this, probably like Fogg in the story.

I’d have to reread passages of this book though to work out the rest of it though, but as long as I do that route best I can and be back in time from when I set off, should be fun, and maybe a challenge with live flight times sim’d too.

1 Like

Wow did you see my earlier thread?

Where I’ve Been, Where I’m Going and What I’ve Seen Along the Way

Sounds like an interesting route! Definitely wishing you the best of luck for and much fun on your 80 hours trip around the globe! Have you decided what plane you’ll be using for it?

I am currently doing a world trip in a Bonanza G36: Started two days ago in Saarmund, the closest airfield to my home town, I’ve crossed Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia yesterday, arriving at the Eisenach-Kindel industrial complex. From there on I travelled through all of Hesse, visited cities like Aschaffenburg and Darmstadt before landing in Bensheim near Frankfurt today. (As you might have noticed I keep my flights short, about 60-90 minutes since I don’t have that much time. Since I want to see as much as possible it also allows me to take more screenshots of smaller, less known locations for each short leg).

Since I have thalassophobia that triggers everytime I’m confronted with the open sea - no matter if its a movie / game or the real thing I modified my project idea by skipping the Atlantic and Pacific crossings all together. Due to this I definitely wouldn’t be able to do a “real” world trip like you’re doing :smiley:

At the moment I am deciding on my further route - going west through France and crossing over to North America, going southwest towards Spain and then to Central America, crossing over to Africa in Gibraltar or perhaps going east towards the Balkans or Russia.

I believe it will either be France and then NA or Spain and then Africa / CA. But I’ll make my plans up as I go … or rather as I fly :wink:

1 Like

I’m not really tripping around the world in a single aircraft, I’m currently flying about in several different planes (diff colors on the map). I’m from NJ and all my flights originate from there but as I reach outward I’m launching new planes from airports I’ve already visited and exploring distinct regions with each aircraft, the long-range ones like the TBM and P-38 I use to “seed” my shorter-ranged regional aircraft. After that’s done (just need to reach Australia) I’ll use them for high-level flight across the globe

1 Like

My velocity from the Reform Club on Pall Mall to the train station, and maybe something faster like a light aircraft (or that velocity again) from that train station in London to Dover’s P&O ferry terminal, then again the 22 miles across the Channel to the P&O ferry terminal in Calais, then I’m not sure yet for from Calais to Paris.
Phileas Fogg didn’t use just one mode of transport, and neither shall I, I won’t use just one type of plane either, and I’d have to figure out what airports to use or custom destinations to get it to be that route.

I’d be jetting it across oceans and continents though, and working out if I can’t get a straight answer on flight times so I can take off, and land x amount of hours later.

When I do that though, which won’t be yet.

I will also go via/over Sydenham in South London from that train station to Dover leg of this, just because in the book, they’re passing through Syndenham when Passepartout remembers he left the gas on, so that’s mentioned in the story.

But remember, it’s 80 hours, not 80 days, so I’d need to jet around too to make it, I suppose, but… If I say 3 days 6 hours from start to be back, and make it a time and date from then, maybe I’d gain an extra day going East from Yokohama to San Francisco, but, 80 hours/3 days 6 hours… I’d be jetting it for sure to make it.
With real-time sim where I take of and land it x amount of hours later though and 12 hours to 15-hour flights though, I might need that extra day? Might have ample time?
I’m not sure yet. I also want to see if I can gain a day from when I’m due back if I go East around the world, like in the story.

I noticed it after I made this thread.

I’ve only really used 2 threads on here, the ‘What did you do today’ and ‘Historic Airports’ threads…
I didn’t even look at the sections they were in as I just had these 2 threads saved in my browser history… I’m so new on here, today, I found my way back to this section to make this thread when I made this thread in here, I found it, made it, then saw your thread, and was like 'wow, only 11 days ago, that’s a coincidence, because I noticed the title was sort of the same too… However, I haven’t opened your thread except in that link you linked, just saw the title was a little like this one, however, I figure, it’ll be fun for me to read other people and fun for other people to write in the thread too, so, I’m asking what’s people doing, where have they been, where have they gone, as well as answering that question/sharing my answers to that too.

I’m in Japan this week, in Tokyo… It’s both the longest time I’ve ever been in a single location in this game (by far) and my first time in Japan.

I’m glad I chose the Ritz-Carlton Tokyo because I’ve since found out it’s got a helipad on the roof and is easy to navigate to… I didn’t know that when I chose that place as base, I thought it’ll be a generic looking faceless hotel, but I chose it because I believe Guns N’ Roses used it in 1992 for their Tokyo Dome shows on their Use Your Illusion Tour and/or it’s the hotel from Lost In Translation (2003) I forget why I choose it now, but I love that choice.
So that was a win, and choosing to perform at Tokyo Dome to live out my own RPing Guns N’ Roses fandom a couple of nights as a reason for coming Japan (I came, so I gave myself something to do)was fun, as I got to see Tokyo Dome! Before I came, I didn’t know Tokyo, only hearing of Roppongi and Shibuya cross walk and looking up where’s good just before I went (Kabukicho Ichibangai), and then coming here on the game to finding and seeing and learnng these things… I never knew I’d learn my way around, but, only coming on here to Tokyo to get around Tokyo for a week has now taught me Tokyo.
I’ve discovered things, and remembered where they were, and now I can work out how to get around here a lot more than I ever thought possible.
It’s been a fun RP, I have a base ‘The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo’, I have a main place to go for work ‘Tokyo Dome’ for like sound checks and rehearsals, and I’ve given myself other places I’ve found to go to work in relation to those Tokyo Dome shows, and sightseeing in those, like I’m promoting in Japan, and today, is Sunday is my first day off for me in this RP, and confidently, a real-life annual thing I’ve heard of is happening today, in just over an hour now, at 11 am Tokyo time/gets lively around Noon, in Kawasaki near Tokyo, and after a week of just Tokyo, will be my first time going so far, in a week.

I heard of the event, didn’t know when or where, I had Sunday and Monday as free days in this RP before back at Tokyo Dome a final night on Tuesday, and I was going to go to Disneyland on Sunday, but, I since found out this annual festival is today and close by, so I’m doing Disneyland Tokyo Monday in the day O-East in Shibuya in the evening Monday night, before Tuesday…

Then I’d be in Tokyo until around 11 am Wednesday (11 am being check out time at this hotel/base I’m using) unless I extend my time here some more, I was meant to be finished tonight, but I threw a curveball and had an extra night to do on Tuesday.

I can bust out and go to Kawasaki though, today, and when I’m done, I should feel proud, then as a reward, I’m going to RP a holiday/vacation in Japan to see other places, where, I’m going to do Hiroshima for a day or 2, then from there, in 1 day, Hiroshima, Shingo Village, Aomori and Sapporo in Hokkaido and Osaka in one day!.. (and be back to my usual habits of jettng around).

Way I see it, Kawasaki today will be a change in scenary a bit, but I still get to stay in Tokyo and do what I’ve got to do here.

It’s like, a reward for me after a week of learning Tokyo, and it’s an annual event in an hour’s time.

But then Tuesday night, my work in Japan is over and I get to travel like a tourist again. But in the game, I have a base and a job to get to and things around to do with it too, fun things, like interviews and shopping and stuff. Like an A-List person performing at Tokyo Dome. I by chance found a Japanese KFC and a Japanese McDonald’s too when I first got here, so guess where I had my first breakfasts here… Then I found Sushi places, and RP all of that too.

I got to Tokyo, had my hotel, had my work to do, then I decided to be all like ‘if this was real life, and I was in Japan… Who would I see?’ ‘Who do I know in this country?’ then my friend in Hiroshima and her band soon became the answer to that, then other stuff in Japan, but rather than just go, gave myself stuff to do in Tokyo first before jetting off out to Hiroshima some 9 days after arriving I guess.

I also kidded myself to do this and pretended even that MSFS as far as I’m concerned, was a game just set in Tokyo (to help stop myself from leaving this city until I’m done with my Tokyo Dome shows/5th of April), and I’ve homed my flying and navigational skills here a bit and learned more than I expected to about Tokyo landmarks and things to see.

I left England on the 27th of March, and arrived in Tokyo on the 28th, and I’m in Tokyo until at least the 6th of April.

That said, it’s off to Kawasaki today on a day off here in this RP to see that real life event every 1st Sunday of April, in like 40 minutes.
It started 20 minutes ago, but, gets going at Noon Google says.
I’m slightly nervous it won’t look as good as Tokyo and I’m so used to Tokyo now, but, we’d see. If anything, I can always go back to Tokyo if Kawasaki on MSFS is a dud, but… I’ve been in town for almost a week now, this is my first little change of scenary ish even though I’m setting off too and from the Ritz-Carlton as per usual, I’m going further out, today, for the first time here in Japan… Before that, the furthest I’ve been from Tokyo here was Narita Airport.

I can’t wait for Disneyland and O-East tomorrow though, and wrapping up and finishing on Tuesday and being free in my RP to leave Tokyo again.

I decided to add Fukuoka before Hiroshima, as I’ve got a friend out there I want to see too.

This is between Tokyo and Osaka

Tokyo to Fukuoka to see my friend to Hiroshima to see my other friend to Shingo Village by way of Misawa to Saporro by way of Okadama to Osaka to Okinawa to Kansai to Mt. Fuji to Koji then back to Tokyo to leave Japan.

Okay, plans and things aside, I’m still in Japan in this game, and so far, my moves have been, in actuality (which differs from my plans):

London LHR/EGLL- Tokyo NRT/RJAA
Tokyo HND/RJTT - Fukuoka ■■■/RJFF
Fukuoka ■■■/RJFF - Hiroshima HIJ/RJOA
Hiroshima HIJ/RJOA - Misawa MSJ/RSJM
Misawa MSJ/RSJM - Sapporo OKD/RJCO
Sapporo OKD/RJCO - Shimoji SHI/RORS
Shimoji SHI/RORS - Osaka ITM/RJOO
Osaka ITM/RJOO -

That said, I’ve got something in England in mind for when I get back to the UK, but as far as working out where to go, I’ve now got a North American tour to work out.

Working out my North American tour might be best achieved in legs.

I’m thinking:
North American Leg 16 places in 2 countries.

Philadelphia, PA, USA

Willow Grove, PA, USA

Hershey, PA, USA

Scranton, PA, USA

New Castle, DE, USA

Tom’s River, NJ, USA

Seaside Heights, NJ, USA

New York City, NY, USA

Winnipeg, Canada

Vancouver, Canada

Springfield, OR, USA

Eugene, OR, USA

Portland, OR, USA

Waukesha, WI, USA

Milwaukee, WI, USA

Minneapolis St. Paul, MN, USA

North American Leg 2 8 places in 2 countries

Seattle, WA, USA

West Hollywood, CA, USA

Durango, Mexico

Acapulco, Mexico

Palm Springs, CA, USA

Aspen, CO, USA

Austin, TX, USA

Portland, OR, USA

Perhaps…

This work is very sloppy.

I buzzed Osaka and Kyoto from there, I then went:
Osaka ITM/RJOO - Kansai KIX/RJBB (I didn’t know how close I was though until I flew it).
Kansai KIX/RJBB - Mt. Fuji Gotemba RJGO
Mt. Fuji Gotemba RJGO - Kochi KCZ/RJOK
Kochi KCZ/RJOK - Tokyo Narita NRT/RJAA
Landed at 2 pm for a 3 pm real time sim flight…

Took off in my Boeing 777-200ER with Japan Airlines livery, called it JAL 88 for Tokyo NRT to London LHR, came back on 12 hours later for a live landing of this flight so flew
Tokyo NRT/RJAA - London LHR/EGLL

Then I had issues with the game with a bug, then I got on the next day/this morning actually and flew London LCY/EGLC - Yeovil EGHG for Cerne Abbas Giant, then I flew Yeovil EGHG - Teeside MME/EGNV then buzzed Whitby North Yorkshire at sunset, came off, got back on, flew back to London and buzzed London and came off.
I went Teeside MME/EGNV - London LCY/EGLC and then buzzed London again.

I’m now back in London in this game.

I’m going off to the US later today though, to start my North American Tour.

I got Cerne Abbas done and even a little bit more Whitby, North Yorkshire and London, but, I’ve got a North America Tour to do, may as well do that now while my VoloCity’s working.
It’s the start of my world tour.

Tokyo was a warm up, with 3 nights at the Tokyo Dome, but my tour begins in North America and then comes back to Europe then North America then Europe then North America & Caribbean before finishing in Europe.
That’s my plan anyway.

This made me laugh, I saw this the other day when I was in Japan on this game but already had my things to do back in England and North American Tour planned.

‘When a Band Announces a World Tour’

In this game I’m living out:;

Warm-up Shows

Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome April 1st, 2022

Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome April 2nd, 2022

Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome April 5th, 2022

North American Leg

Philadelphia, PA, USA @ The Liacouras Center April 15th, 2022

Hershey, PA, USA @ Hersheypark Stadium April 17th, 2022

Scranton, PA, USA @ The Pavillion at Montage Mountain

Warm-up Shows

Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome April 1st, 2022
Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome April 2nd, 2022
Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome April 5th, 2022 **Filmed to promote World Tour.

World Tour Begins.
North American Leg

Philadelphia, PA, USA @ The Liacouras Center April 15th, 2022

Hershey, PA, USA @ Hersheypark Stadium April 17th, 2022

Scranton, PA, USA @ The Pavillion at Montage Mountain April 18th 2022

I just arrived in Delaware, it’s Delaware then New Jersey.

This is the plan/a plan for my this North American leg of my world tour I’m currently on.

Between December 2021 and March 2022 there was a 80 day journey event following the route of P. Fogg.

I have used the JustFlight Hawk T1, here on the final stretch to London City Airport after 80 days

Great aircraft if you want to fly both low (for flightseeing) and fast (in total I flew over 45.000 NM, having lots of fun). More in https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/what-did-you-do-in-mfs-today/275347/7054.

Best luck for your trip!

I’m going to use my VoloCity to take me from the Reform Club to Charing Cross Station when I do it.

Then something from there to the P&O Ferry Terminal at Dover, then something to cross the English Channel, then some from there to Paris… do it like that.

Am still on my world tour in North America, next stop, Mexico!

I completed my goal to mimic Amy Johnson’s historic flight from London(Croydon) to Darwin: Amy Johnson, Croydon - Darwin - still looking for inspiration for the coming winter (I struggle to play the SIM during the spring/summer)