Where's New York after SU5?

Im sorry I was using New York, Im done with it now you can have it back:

I changed LOD to 4 in usercfg.opt file, making it read only after of course and this is what Im seeing for New York, and JFK at this time.

1 Like

Is 11 gig on my 2080ti not enough or are you saying it’s not being allocated properly within the sim?

Yeah, right now it’s terrible, even on Ultra. Only trick right now is manually setting the LOD higher in the CFG. But this does not stop the constant redrawing of objects when entering the viewport while moving your head.

Changing the UserCfg.opt file does NOT work for me. The sim just stalls at the loading screen. I put the file as read only and also tried removing the read only attribute and nothing works. Only after I put the settings back to their default 2.0 then the sim loads properly.

This is my usercfg.opt file. Ive been flying it all day got some POPUP’s in SanDiego with PG on once I turned it off they went away. (see what I did today thread for pics)…

Version 66
{Video
Adapter “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080”
Monitor 0
Windowed 1
FullscreenBorderless 1
Resolution 3840 2160
FullScreenResolution 3840 2160
PrimaryScaling 1.000000
SecondaryScaling 1.000000
PrimaryScalingVR 0.800000
SecondaryScalingVR 1.000000
VSync 0
HDR10 0
Raytracing 0
PosX 0
PosY 0
}
{Graphics
Version 1.1.0
Preset Ultra
{Texture
MaxAnisotropy 16
Quality 0
}
{SuperSampling
SuperSampling 4
}
{Terrain
LoDFactor 9.000000
}
{ObjectsLoD
LoDFactor 9.000000
}
{Shadows

Welcome to the future of MSFS. That’s the reduced draw distances so they could shoehorn the sim onto Xbox. And we can’t get better than that on PC because it would make the Xbox look bad in comparison, and Microsoft is hellbent on convincing the world that the Xbox is the ultimate gaming machine and the future of gaming.

5 Likes

I’m not sure how these are both “1”.

Hmmm, those both should be 0 lol … it was a long day yesterday. Thats my story and Im sticking to it.

Swings in fps are to be expected with new, aggressive culling system that is loading everything right before your eyes.

Did you do the USA world update?

Yes. Everything works fine when you get closer to the objects.

1 Like

It’s something to do with the LOD then I’m afraid. Mine looks like it was in a nuclear attack :rofl:
It will be fixed, it’s just a waiting game…

Supersampling on with that resolution is wasted resources. Just not needed.

Check your internet, the city is there.

Check my post again. It is about seeing the city from distance, not above…

I checked the Internet and so many other things, turning off Photogrammettry and back on, changing the LOD in the UserCfg.opt file, delete the rolling cache… There’s something wrong with Microsoft’s server after SU5

Yeah, it is there from the distance and above it, the problem seems to be on your end since the rest of us can see the city, would you want a video? I can record it for you if you need it

Please do. Screenshot will do it. But 4 nautical miles before the 31R threshold on KJFK, at 2000ft. The same spot I took the screenshots for this post. Thank you!

I will, give me an hour and I will have a video for you, lets get deep into this issue, no problem man

Screenshot is enough. From the same spot. Default ULTRA settings (LoD 2.0)