Wheres the hotfix

Yes, you’ve toned down the dialog very respectably. Thank you for that.

I would expect Hotfix will be released on Thursday/Friday…fingers crossed :wink:

I’ve just checked, and this week is still this week, no? That was the timescale given, so not quite sure what your expectations are here…

Possess your soul with patience, my friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Completely true, if they were the same, so many people wouldn’t be saying they have been downgraded…

I do as well, but I assumed that is because I am running with LOD5 in my options file. It only happens at larger airports, and leads to slight juddering when I rotate my view rapidly with my hat switch. It is imperceptible when I taxi around though.

I don’t think you do. The XBox app replaces the XBox Console companion app.

Just uninstall the Companion app, leaving the XBox app.

1 Like

[OFFICIAL] Screenshot Website Feature Thread (Please read post for rules) - #4 by Sebdar7075 I present you hundreds of images from last year that prove the clouds look exactly the same…

4 Likes

I was tech alpha insider and I can tell you that the clouds weren’t like that at the beginning!

1 Like

I guess the strategy is “Time will heal all wounds” :grinning: sorry couldent resist

2 Likes

They were quite stunning.

3 Likes

like episode 2 “weather”

1 Like

To be fair that’s pretty much what I’m seeing as of today. Maybe they’re different clouds because it’s a different time of year? Anyway, I don’t know but it is certainly not a game breaker for me as it stands. Don’t get me started with lightning though, although I haven’t seen any this week.

3 Likes

I am one of the “most”. I stopped playing the sim due to numerous problems like;

1. ctd’s
  2. In game crashes to dt
  3. ATC disruption
  4. Noticable lag meaning fps problems.

Until this gets finxed, I am back to Xplane at least to have a good flight sim experience.

BW

3 Likes

I think I’m going to have a seizure from the amount of lightning that occurs. Its blinding to the point the whole screen washes out and everything has to fade back in after the lightning flash disappears. I also notice some freezing / stuttering every time lightning occurs. This along with the night lighting being messed up if not set to 100% render scaling, and some white lines that appear on scenery tiles (or between scenery tiles) are my main issues. Everything else actually looks and runs very well since the last update.

No, I meant the XBox App and the Microsoft Store. The Store, I can give a pass to, since that is where I bought MSFS, but I shouldn’t need an XBox anything unless I’m trying to link my XBox to my PC.

This right here makes a lot of sense imho.

Doesn’t matter whether purchased thru Steam or MS Store, the publisher remains the same. (Steam just happened to be the first one that came up on Google)

So… the upshot is, you bought an XBox title form XBox and they require you to have an XBox account to get updates and authenticate your licence.

Can we stop with the, “I don’t have an XBox so why should I have to download their software!”

The only difference from SU5 and WU6 was that XBox updated the Companion app to the new Cloud app, and many users, because they were unaware they were using an XBox title, I guess, did not do the update.

NOTHING has changed, except the app used to authenticate your login.

4 Likes

Well I’m glad I’m not the only one, thought I was halluncinating

2 Likes

I have the Steam version. It doesn’t require the Xbox app to run MSFS.

I see you are overclocking the 6700xt. One thing to do is to set the GPU back to default settings as well and see if this helps the situation - in many cases OC of the GPU will result in silent data corruption and lead to various issues that become more pronounced over time. I’ve tended to prefer a slower FPS overall but one that is pretty much rock solid stable, and give the GPU an easier ride most of the time but where it can ramp up to handle the demanding stuff without dropping the frame rate. I usually choose 30fps - enforced via the driver or something like Rivatuner for this as the build in frame limiter is all over the place.

This works quite well for my main system with a 6800XT and also for 6700XT in my secondary system. Main difference is the 6800 XT is set to 4K ultra settings, the 6700 XT to high end with a few ultra tweaks here and there. Both with LOD 9 in the opt file

Never has been required to run. It only handles the authentication of your MS login, in the background.