Which Aircraft are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

I know - I have read it more than once :wink:

I would just love to replicate Amy Johnson’s flight to Australia - absolute epic. Fuel might be a problem, her legs were very long ( :wink:). The first was London to Vienna, about 800mls, so it might be necessary to mod the aircraft to carry enough fuel and comfort break equipment :smiling_face:

Cessna 441
Piaggio Avanti
Lear 75 (G5000)
Astra SPX / G100 or G150

1 Like

Try Jorge Chavez’s flight across the Alps in a Bleriot. Wing warping to turn (no ailerons), blip the engine to keep the speed down (no throttle), no navigation aids. Maybe 1 hour worth of fuel, tops. 7000’ feet up, freezing cold. (Brig to Domo d Ossola). Took him 49 mins. The plane is said to have flipped in a gust of wind upon landing, he died 4 days later from his injuries. Both hands required on stick permanently apparently.
Did my version today, came down like a Stuka from 8000’ down to 900’ at Domo d Ossola, doubt his plane would have survived that.
The more I read about these early aviators the more impressed I am. Hats off to them.
……the Bleriot will stay in my top 10 for a while yet.

1 Like

You should check out the WB Sim 172. It’s not quite like the old A2A 172, bit it’s not terribly far off either. Very well done. Or if you fancy something free there’s the WB Sim 152 that was just “re” released.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve thought about the WB Sim 172 but not totally convinced that it is worth £15. I would rather pay £35/£40 for a really high fidelity one. Not intending to knock WB Sim here :slightly_smiling_face:

I got the WB Sim 152 a day or so ago. Wow, great aircraft! I might just get their 172 after all since, as you say, this one was free but imo up to payware standard. Yes, really enjoying that one in fact.

2 Likes

it’s well worth the $22 US they’re asking, imo.

But like you I’m most excited for the Comanche. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Anyone know if there is a user manual for the WB Sim Cessna 152 ?

I got my MD80, and the Piper Comanche is getting closer, so now I’m just waiting for a Stinson 108 and I’ll be all set. Well maybe a Piper Matrix or Malibu…

2 Likes

Must have missed it… In MSFS? Please share your find. Thanks

The mighty Vulcan is coming to MSFS by Just Flight. See their FB page.

3 Likes

I’m hoping we’ll see Carenado bring their Cessna 172RG Cutlass to MSFS, and Nemeth bring their entire Mil Hind series (and the Kamov Ka-32) to MSFS as well.
Also, now that it seems like Cera Sim is active again and working on the Mi-17, I hope they can bring their AS365 forward as well.

1 Like

I’m now Drooling for the DRACO or even Scrappy!!!

1 Like

I would love the Red Tail Livery used for the U.S Antarctic flights from Christchurch NZCH down to McMurdo. They need to be sitting outside the U.S.ARP hanger when the Shiny new N.Z Drops in a week or two. I miss the warm summer nights hearing the Hercs sitting on the flight line for hours doing High power engine run ups before taking off to fly South.

2 Likes

Bombardier Global 7500 / 8000 :wink:

1 Like

Sopwith Camel would be nice.

2 Likes

Hmm I suddenly want a 737-MAX-10… these carbon-fiber spinner LEAP engines almost bring her up to new heights where the earth curvature becomes clearly visible!

1 Like

I could get on board with a good, high fidelity version of the Beech Starship.

3 Likes

The Max series and the NG’s have the same service ceiling as far as I’m aware (41,000ft)

BlackSquare was working on one at some point. Ain’t heard a lick since.

2 Likes