Which Aircraft are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

I desperately need the B-25 Mitchell and the JA37 Viggen!

9 Likes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/uploads/default/original/4X/0/4/7/04719fb0fbefbdfea50469324cb3e4f5b58c0a99.jpeg
The MAAM B-25 Mitchell (for FSX) was splendid. Would love to see this plane in MSFS !!!

3 Likes

The worlds first jet airliner would be nice. The De Havilland Comet

2 Likes

That’s an eyegasm!! Just realized that Memphis Belle would be pretty cool as well.

1 Like

Rockwell Commander
Rockwell Twin Commander / Shrike
Saab 91B Safir
Saab 105 (aka SK 60)
Saab 340
ATR 42/72
Dash 7 & Dash 8
Mitsubishi MU-2

Pipistrel Panthera, Celera 500L for new, shiny stuff

Then there’s still lots of missing other GA and business planes:

Grumman Tiger

Gulfstream Cougar

Piper singles, like the PA-24, PA-32 Cherokee 6 / Saratoga, the PA-46/Malibu/M500; and the Piper twins – the 601 Aerostar, the PA-23, PA-34, PA-30, PA-44.

Missing Cessnas, like the 177 (Cardinal), 210 (Centurion), 220H (the updated Stationair), the Corsair/Conquest turboprops, a few others.

Likewise missing Beechcraft, like the Skipper, Musketeer, 95 Travelair twin, Duchess & Duke twins, Queen Air / 99, the Starship (twin pusher) would be cool too.

(it would also be nice to get the 1900 commuter liner, and the Beech/Hawker jets for virtual airline use)

I probably wouldn’t use it that much, but the new Boeing-Saab trainer.

4 Likes

Flysimware has already made a Widgeon, nice systems but textures are not the prettiest. Good timing to buy one, it’s currently heavily on sale at simmarket.

1 Like

I own the Widgeon. It was designed for FSX and it looks like it - it’s pretty awful - Flysimware didn’t do any graphics update on it, or if they did, they did a terrible job. Also, the 3D model is bad - it has some serious errors around the rear fuselage.

I haven’t tested the systems because, with the awful graphics and 3D model, I just can’t bear to fly it.

And even at the sale price ($20 IIRC), it’s overpriced for what it is. I think Flysimware should be ashamed to have tried to sell it at $30 (which was the original price, again IIRC).

I think the sim needs a high fidelity version.

1 Like

Right now I’d say none….far too tempting.
Spent way too much in the sales and need to bank some now.
And maybe actually fly the ones I bought.

3 Likes

Would love to follow the London Sydney route in a well done Short Empire Flying Boat. Given the apparent success of the Ju-52 Tante Ju there could be a place at the table for a Handley Page HP 42 which also did the long haul routes.

2 Likes

Surprised that there hasn’t been a single mention of a Piper PA 31T Cheyenne. Pressurised - 2 x 750shp Turbines 29000ft ceiling 2800ft/min ROC and 1500nm range and is a good looking bird. Still very popular in the real world. Would make a perfect companion to the Magnificent Flysimware C414AW Chancellor which I just purchased.
A harder ask maybe for a Viking Twin Otter (Hello SWS) that isn’t dumbed down for XBox like the Aerosoft version we waited so long for

2 Likes

AH-1Z Viper please!

5 Likes

Honestly, yeah, the interior is awful even if they claim they remade the textures from the ground up. It flies very nicely so I can somehow tolerate the model quality. The exterior model doesn’t look too bad. I definitely waited til it went on sale to get it.

1 Like

Since you’re having fun with it, I won’t talk in specifics about its flaws. Once you see them, there’s no unseeing them. As I said before, I just can’t force myself to fly it - and I really like how it performs, and its range and size make it perfect for the way I fly in the sim. But it’s just not enough for me.

I just hope someone comes out with a better version.

1 Like

The Macchi m 5, the plane Porco Rosso’s craft was based on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, the DC-10. (I understand AeroDynamics has one in the works.) Likewise the L-1011, but there’s a freeware version available.

The L188 Electra. And maybe a Convair?

Maybe the S-3 Viking and variants, but not without engine sounds which might be impossible to get.

Can the sim handle autogyros?

If so, then the Argon GTL.

I guess Asobo would have to add it, but there really should be a hang glider. Should be pretty close to an ultralight without fuel, no? Likewise, paramotors.

And for that matter, why not balloons and airships?

Hype perfomance group have done an air ballon for MSFS - and its good fun to fly!

Was aound the £10 UK price

Vickers Viscount and De Havilland Comet and Dove or Devon.

4 Likes

Also a Societe des Avions Max Holste M.H.1521 Broussard would be kind of cool.

4 Likes

Not very exciting but ought to be easy enough to do, but never seen it mentioned in MSFS.
In my flying days I got hundreds of hours on a Grumman Tiger, AA5B, a simple enough single engine 180hp GA aircraft. Very responsive, easy to fly, no glass cockpit, just good old fashioned dials, VOR & ADF! I actually added a very simple basic portable Garmin GPS - my local engineer fitted an external aerial for it too!

1 Like

Su-27

2 Likes