Which Aircraft are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

My top 3 are:

1. An electric GA plane such as the Pipistrel Velis Electro
  2. The Vickers Wellington as my great grandad flew these bombers during the war, at least partly. with 15 OTU (including being shot down twice, and he once made a comment that lead us to believe there was a 3rd that lead to capture but he wouldn’t talk about that one) so I’d love to fly the same plane he flew.
  3. Keeping with the war theme, I’d love a Mosquito just given the history of this incredible war bird that sadly has been forgotten by many.
6 Likes

I agree about the mosquito but my suggestion would be the Avro Lancaster

2 Likes

The Mosquito will be releasing for DCS this year, just in case you were not aware! It’s looking really good and will be study level. Now that DCS has free trials on ALL modules (along with the base game being free) you can try it for zero cost when it releases!

1 Like

You will love this Film RadicalCavy !

3 Likes

How about Getting Gulfstream to provide their Exec Jet range?

4 Likes

@Winterino8838 I didn’t know that. I have looked at DCS a few times but I don’t really have the space for another big game on my system and have heard its a steep learning curve so being disabled and using keyboard and mouse that’s a bit intimidating but may try it out when launches too see. Thanks :slight_smile:

@dappa47 yeah I think the Lancaster would sell better as its more well known, especially in the UK, its as known as the Hurricane or Spitfire, even kids when I was last at school a couple of year ago would go on about the Lancaster. I just personally think that the history around the Mosquito is worth highlighting more and ultimately what better platform is there to document the history of aviation than MSFS. I’d hope over a few years we may see most war birds (maybe not all variations but at least a version) as I know there are plenty of us who would love to fly them even without weapons as they are just wonderful planes!

@WristyLawyer204 Oh awesome! I will have to give it a watch thank you for sharing! Also love your username :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Beloved Co Pilot ( term of endearment) is sitting here with the Collies. She and they’ve all got that ‘Time to go Walkies’ look on their faces.
That film is amazing and those incredible People who worked behind the Scenes are so often overlooked.
Regards from us.

1 Like

make that a Cardinal and Im in

1 Like

Yes the Cardinal .Didn’t they make a retractable after the fixed one.I remember I saw one brand new in the hanger and was blown away by the design with no struts, it looked way ahead of its time…

Yes Please !

C402. Ideally in Cape Air markings.

I’m a simple man, I just want the Concorde…

4 Likes

that’s already coming by DC Design

3 Likes

PBY Cat
DHC-6 Twin Otter (already being worked on)
DC-3

3 Likes

Also already being worked on by Aeroplane Heaven

1 Like

I’m mostly interested in GA planes, and most of my wish list has already been mentioned. I really enjoy planes that have very unique characteristics that are accurately modelled/coded (easy for me to say as the consumer!), so I’ll explain why I want to see these. In order of preference:

1. PA-28 180 series (looking forward to JF’s Warrior, but really want a 180hp in the sim)
  2. C-337 Skymaster (accurate flight model of center-line thrust. Include both pressurized and non-pressurized variants, and a belly-pod option for both that changes flight dynamics.)
  3. Grumman Tiger (accurate modeling of castering nose wheel and aircraft performance when flying with canopy partially open)
  4. Beech Sundowner or Super Musketeer III (later year Sundowner with the pilot-side door, or the 200hp Super Musketeer III)
  5. Mooney M-20D Master (only fixed-gear Mooney, though most have been converted to retract. Flying a regular Mooney with the gear down all the time just isn’t the same.)
  6. Ercoup (linked ailerons and rudders accurately modelled)
  7. Globe Swift (ok, this is just because it looks cool as heck)
  8. P-61C (my favorite WWII aircraft. Accurate modeling of spoilerons and airbrakes…bonus points for remote dorsal turret.)
  9. XB-70 Valkyrie (modeling of the Mach 3+ speed, high altitude, compression lift, movable canopy, folding wings, and variable engine inlets. I used to visit this plane at Wright-Pat all the time).

My updated list

Cessna 206
Cessna 162 skycatcher
Piper Cherokee 180
Mosquito XL
aerospatiale gazelle
Embraer E3 turboprop (coming out)
ERJ 195
textron scorpion
Boeing Chinook
Saab 340b
Embraer Phenom 100

1 Like

fun 4K PBY Consolidated Catalina

8 Likes

apparently the video was taken down

5 Likes

De Havilland Beaver!!!
F-104 (C and G!)
Beaver
T-38 (A and C! F-5 too!)
Beaver
DC-3
Beaver
SR-71
Beaver
Goose
Beaver
PBY Catalina
Beaver
Sonex
Turbo Beaver!!!
SubSonex
Single Otter (radial and turbine)
Beaver
Boeing Clipper
Beaver

Oh, did I mention the DHC-2 Beaver??!!!

All as accurate as possible. Good thing many of these are being developed commercially or by the community. A few are not on the radar at all as best as I can tell? No peep I’ve heard about the T-38 and that’s very sad. Hope I’m wrong about that, someone chime in and correct me if I’ve missed a quality T-38 rumor/announcement.

3 Likes