White dot visible since 1.33.3.0 (fixed on PC beta 1.34.11.0)

Maybe we should feel lucky. I started playing Train Sim World 3 the other day, and it has the exact same white dot in the center of the screen, only it is persistent when in first person view. At least with MSFS it’ll turn off when not panning (for me on latest stable release, that is). Lol

One way to put it would be to try to play your average console FPS game with a controller, no aim cursor, and no auto-aim.

When using a joystick instead of a mouse, it helps you with where you are aiming.

But if you are a mouse user it is literally useless as you have an OS mouse pointer.

1 Like

same, altough I hate the dot, it’s usable, but my cursor flickering like crazy at all times (even when I’m not panning the view) is that is driving me crazy

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. I’ve given it an upvote and hope others do the same!

2 Likes

I think i found something related to this issue, if i input something on my joystick and move the cockpit camera (using track ir headtracking, so no further inputs after that joystick input) and place the now hidden cursor onto any screen in the cockpit, it will outline the screen with a white border.

Didnt notice this until the recent 1.33.5.0 patch, but it could have been there before it. If i then use my mouse and dont input anything on the joystick, the outline does not appear doing the same thing by placing the hidden cursor onto a screen. Not sure if this is only a fenix thing yet, havent tried in other aircraft but thought id share this here

3 Likes

Yes, I am also seeing this screen border issue in the Fenix A320 and PMDG 737. Issue started appearing for me at the same time as the white dot. They do seem to be related.

3 Likes

Yes guys, the white border is part of the same issue we have been having (with xbox controller).

Again, it would be great to have an option to turn this off.

6 Likes

Ppl have been asking since 2021… what year is it?

Enjoy your new friend.

2 Likes

I’m suffering this since SU11 (November, 6 months and a half now). I reported this in January, they moved my post to a thread from 2021 or so and then, after receiving more reports when SU12 didn’t fixed it in March, they closed it saying that this bug was “not a priority” for them.

The white dot and the white border in the screens are affecting more and more users over time. I hope that this time Asobo will see fit to do something about it :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

I completely see your point and agree. :pray:t3:

There’s just the fact that (as a pc user with yoke, rudder and throttles etc), having an xbox controller as part of the setup is so useful.

For controlling camera when flight is ongoing for example. And for those quick flights where the full yoke and rudders etc. might not be setup.

I just feel it’s such a shame that the scenery can be so beautiful and then ruined by this dot.

Btw. Obviously when I said “Happy” I didn’t mean I was jumping for joy that everyone is suffering the issue, I meant that I was happy that awareness of the issue will be raised, (which indeed it has been). And it’s a bit of a shame in all honesty, that out of the many hours I’ve spent trying to document this issue, you chose to quote me on that single line.

But not to worry. Human nature and all that. It’s understood.

:grinning:

1 Like

I’m a PC player and also use the XBOX controller to move the camera, normally outside the aircraft in drone mode or whatever but sometimes also in the cockpit during cruise because I feel it more relaxed than the mouse. Anyway I don’t need the white dot or the white screen border using the controller, they just need to give us a option to disable it.

7 Likes

I will mute the forum for a month when they fail to address this before release of AAU2 :grimacing:

4 Likes

I wrote it intentionally mean, as a bit or a retort… I get your frustration, there is plenty to be frustrated about.

It say’s “bug logged”, not sure for how long it has been so, let’s hope they cure it before it becomes public release.

1 Like

I have said this before — I am loathe to be critical of the development team.

However, the introduction of majorly annoying bugs with SUs and, now, AAUs that do not get addressed prior to final release is way too common and so very tiring.

We’re now dealing with this after SU12:

I fear we will be dealing with the dot, too.

I despise this “kick the can” development methodology.

5 Likes

BTW I’m not in the beta. Just formatted my PC and reinstalled MSFS and now I got the white dot stuff for the first time ever in the normal version. No sense.

1 Like

Indeed. :slight_smile: Maybe it’s just time to burn the xbox controllers as a show of solidarity.

1 Like

I’d agree that in general they do a great job, but it always seems like there are loose ends left dangling.

One example I can think of was how quickly they implemented another pop-up on screen fed by code that checks if your GPU driver is a certain version or not, and yet how slow they are to respond to removing an existing one when the sim loses contact with the servers.

1 Like

My 2 cents on the subject.
All working perfectly fine after the Upgrade to the Beta. I do have the White DOT every time I click the right mouse button (annoying? yes, very) but hoping that it will go away sometime soon.
Happy landings to everyone.

1 Like

Just out of interest, do you get the white dot if you use the middle mouse button, to latch the freelook rather than press, and hold right mouse?

1 Like

you are lucky, lots of people, me including gets a constant flickering on the mouse pointer at all times, regardless of panning the view or not, like the video I posted earlier

1 Like