Who has the shortest loading time

Mine is 3:35 to the welcome screen which was shorter than I thought it would be. they say a watched kettle never boils.

2:28 here, with some minor stuff in the community folder.

hahahaha 3:35 and 2:28 just to load this that’s pretty ■■■■■ slow.

never timed initial load as it’s fairly slow. However after this last update my “Fly” load time is incredible. That was always one of the more annoying parts, also the “unload” back to the main screen. My unload is typically 5-10 seconds now.

Way slower after the last update. Did not measure it, but feels definitely at least double!

Definitely takes a lot longer to check for updates but once that’s done it only takes about 10 seconds to reach the main menu.

I’m not even getting to that point after last update it crashes half way loading

1 Like

I guess I am the winner! 15:25 min here! :joy: Now after This communty folder bug about 5:10 min. Nice, no?! :upside_down_face: :joy:

Sincerely,
Filippo

2 Likes

1m:53s from launch in Steam to welcome screen. Community folder is completely empty. After starting in Steam nothing happens for 22s, then 1m:31s including update check to the welcome screen.

Now, after I started and stopped the MFS once, the startup time shortens again a bit (but I think that doesn’t count) :wink:

My System Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC
  • 64GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V (3200MHz)
  • GIGABYTE B550 Gaming X V2
  • 1 x Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series 120GB (for Windows)
  • 2 x SSD ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro 2 TB NVMe (for Games)
1 Like

My Click to the Welcome Screen time is: 3:02

First load after system reboot - 2:01
Susbsequent load: 1:51

Empty Community folder
i7 7820X stock settings
32G using XMP (3200MHz)
1080Ti
Samsung 860QVO 4TB
MSFS is on Steam

From system boot to „ready to fly“ 0,4 seconds on my new quantum computer :rofl:

3 Likes

2:06 here

Empty community folder

Steam version

game loaded on it’s own m2 drive

9900k 64gb 1070 3x27" monitors

Dammit, 6 minutes and 30 seconds. I do have a few mods, like Megapack liveries, csl models, FBW A320, CJ4 mod, and the Vertigo though.

After reboot 2 minutes 22 seconds… only have a few Mods in the Community folder plus Aerosoft’s CRJ

FS developer mode launcher is a bit faster than normal load.

try this from the SDK: “C:\MSFS SDK\Tools\bin\fsdevmodelauncher.exe”

1 Like

2:25
HP Omen laptop:
Intel(R) Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
32.0 GB RAM
1060 GPU

The person with nothing in their Community folder, no addons, and with all drives as SSD’s and 32GB of ram or more.

About 2’25" with an empty community folder. Super annoying when you realise you forgot to activate an addon and have to shutdown and restart.
One of the reasons why I took a break from the sim.
At some point the sim would load in about 1’40", I think that was before the Japan world update or just right after.

Maybe you need make a shortcut to skip all those …music, videos and screens…
try this:
make in the desktop a shortcut and paste this address,

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

you welcome…