Who is hyped for WU6?

I’m not sure how I feel about WU6 yet after the bugs that happened after WU5

I’m interested in WU6, don’t get me wrong… I’m even cautiously optimistic! I’m very interested when I get home tomorrow night from work how lit up this forum will be! :joy:

I just turned off ATC until tomorrow. I couldn’t deal with it.

I have a shortcut on my desktop to the community folder. I have a second Folder Called “MSFS Community Folder-REMOVED-KEEP”. I cut and paste all the original CF into that one. Once I know sim is stable. I just cut and paste it all back in to the community folder. Oh, SU5 screwed up so much on my PC, I had to rebuild formatting etc. I then downloaded the game again 20+ hours. After that, purchased the DC Designes F-14, and lots of buttons/switches would not work, removed MSFS from PC. Going to wait until tomorrow reports of successful or failure before I spend another three days downloading it again and finding nothing is working like it should.

1 Like

You mean, after the SU5 ???

1 Like

I’m just hoping to be able to launch again. Flawless until SU5 and now I can’t trace what’s causing CTD on launch. Really hoping the update corrects whatever is hung up and fixes the stuff promised. Been without for several weeks now.

1 Like

I know this is apparently not the experience for everyone, but my level of detail is far higher in SU5 than it was in SU4. In SU4, I had the 5-mile-max tree draw distance, while in SU5, they extend out much farther. In SU4, ground textures above about 22,000 feet became a blurry mess, while in SU5 they are crisp and detailed even at FL350. I do see a very minor amount of object popping in SU5, but it is not very bad. If I used VR or TrackIR, I might have a more negative opinion.

For me, going back to “SU4 graphics” would be a major downgrade.

It is truly puzzling why some users saw a major graphics degradation in SU5, while for others such as myself, the results were exactly the opposite.

Here’s hoping the update goes smoothly, and the the ATC altitude bug will be fixed for those who use the built-in ATC.

6 Likes

I hope the avionics screens turning off bug will be fixed with this update.

as well as some AP bugs.

I hope it’s not just a matter of adjusting graphics because we don’t care about that.

we are not playing fsm2020 for graphics but for aerial simulation.

do you know what time is scheduled for the shift in the USA and Europe?

Completely unplayable since day 1 on a hi-end & fully software updated system.
Only good thing is the CTD happens every time I hit fly so at least it’s consistent in its disappointment.

Let’s hope the next update fixes this. As such I’m returning to the reliable world of DCS & IL2 and cannot recommend MS FS to anyone.

I feel your pain… I was flawless until SU5 too. I can still fly on occasion… if the CTD Gods (or demons) allow me to.

Judging by how many times I have asked to get some simple bugs fixed on Zendesk. I don’t think this will be anything special. In fact I expect more things to get broken.

5 Likes

There better be fix for the dang ATC and their altitude. Right now it’s off by 1200-1700 feet above 18000 feet. Fix the graphics and then I hope no more updates until 2022. I want to enjoy my Thanksgiving and Christmas

1 Like

So thats the 8th in Oz

1 Like

I proba=bly should have been a bit more specific. An improvement came after the fix they did

I am very excited
Simple reason…I am German (from hamburg) but living / working in Asia (Singapore), so that will be the chance to fly in Old Germany and to see all these familar landmarks (I hope so)

4 Likes

I really hope they have done something with the night lighting so we can fly at night again, at the moment its terrible.

During one of their past videos, one of the Asobo team casually mentioned they had 37 active builds at the time…there is your answer. Unfortunately, the team has done a very poor job of regression testing and things get fixed, then re-broken in future updates. Case in point, on the world map there was a time when it remembered your recent flights, then they broke it, then they fixed it…and with SU5 it’s broken again. Same goes with being able to click the legs of your flight plan then insert additional legs. It’s almost impossible to click a flight leg currently…this followed the working/broken/working/broken cycle as well.

I am one of the people who had no issues whatsoever with CTDs prior to SU5 but now they occur almost every flight. My fingers are crossed that tomorrow’s update will be a good one.

7 Likes

I hope they fix the bush trip bug in which successive legs, after leg 1, of a bush trip loose their POIs. Bush trips have been one of my favorite activities in MSFS and they’ve been borked since SU5. :frowning:

I would say that at this point I am more excited for what Laminar will show us with their next gen x-plane.

Looking forward to the reveal at FlightSimExpo at the end of the month.

MSFS somehow has lost its sex appeal and I am not sure if it will get its mojo back (from a simmer perspective).

2 Likes

I hope the satellite data where I live gets a lot better with the Austria update. Until now the ground looked really bad.