Who is hyped for WU6?

The hype is definitely building, but if it turns out like last time there will be outrage in the forums. I think developers are nervous.

1 Like

I will follow the old player rule:

NEVER PLAY ON PATCHDAY !

5 Likes

Note that World Updates are not focused on fixing bugs with the sim itself. For that, we have to wait for sim updates. So if bugs are fixed, that would be a nice bonus, but I would not get my hopes too high.

(This said, I don’t experience many issues so far even with SU5… but that may be random.)

There are bug fixes with this WU

3 Likes

Good luck hope it works today for you!

Lambs to the slaughter? Or flight sim Dreamland. Nothing in the middle.

Hope they fix what they broke in last SU. As for the countrys, I have no intrest, so not going to load those.

-eelis-

1 Like

Like everyone else, I am hoping they do not introduce new bugs! That would be awesome. Then I am hoping:

1. The memory leak issue on long flights is resolved.
  2. Objects/scenery popping in and out is resolved with the new slider (hopefully this doesn’t reduce fps significantly and doesn’t cause stutters).
  3. Draw distance for high LODs are corrected so we don’t get the current blurry ground texture even if the LOD is set at 4…9.
  4. Airport objects not loading up correctly at the start (floating roofs, etc.)
  5. Correct ATC altitudes.

Is that too much to ask?

I am also hoping that in the near future they will fix the terrain tare (i.e. terrain level issues, near Caspian Sea and throughout the Sim at various locations), fix the ground crew operation (longer stair connections, etc.), better/more realistic AI, and broken airport sceneries with jetways not connected to the airport buildings.

One can only hope…

2 Likes

I always view these updates with apprehension. To be honest most have gone well but SU5 caused me no end of problems until the second fix was issued. Like others have commented above, I will be taking a stiff drink and build up some courage to face the coming uncertainties. This morning I’ll be clearing my cache and community folders in an effort to prepare for the worst whilst hoping for the best. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and wishing all simmers the best of luck!

ok, I am also hyped. why? I just checked for updates (Xbox) and it’s 8AM :smiley:
I hope that my base town Düsseldorf will improve a bit, since it’s skyline is dominated by bridges and the Rheinturm and all these landmarks are very poor until now.

BTW: how will the update happen on Xbox? Game store level update from Xbox plus Marketplace for the WU6 scenery?

I cannot confirm this.

1 Like

No more hype but a little bit terrified.
I hope they fix the sim and restore the wanderful graphic befor SU5

4 Likes

Hyped is such a strong word. Worried? Apprehensive? Terrified? Yup, terrified. I’ve only just got the thing working properly, having worked out the cause of my CTDs. I really don’t want to go back to square one and be unable to fly as and when I choose. Yup, terrified.

PS. I wonder what would happen if I logged in now and never logged out so that the update didn’t kick in?

2 Likes

Just my 2 pennies the whole SU5 issues were almost definitely not caused by the Devs but by the management who had commited to the release date for the Xbox had the release been down to the Devs it would have been delayed and finally release with only minor issues.

2 Likes

Nervous but can’t wait! Switzerland is my favourite place to fly GA. I purposely haven’t read the in depth release details for a ‘surprise’ :rofl: but hoping for a Swiss Bush trip.

2 Likes

I mostly fly around Germany, so yes, give it to me

They need to get this update and more importantly the fixes out with no major issues.
It’s probably the most important update they will do.
I for one will make a decision on my future with the sim on the results.
I hope we are all happy tomorrow.

2 Likes

Trepidation for me, seemingly the update got delayed purely to make sure Vienna is as good as it can be (source, interview with Jorg a week or so ago) so nothing to do with actual bug fixes, but hoping the extra time allowed them to do just that.

As these updates tend to break something then i can’t be too excited, the fiasco over the Terrain Spikes and the length of time to fix them should be learnt from, so I hope we don’t see anything like that again, although we still suffer from seas creeping up shore lines with no sign of a fix.

I am however looking forward to Switzerland, I love flying over the Alps so to have a better/standard mesh without the need of a separate DEM mod will be cool.

I’m just hoping the terrain/lod slider allows us to go back to pre-SU5 standards, I’ll happily take a hit in FPS using ULTRA if that’s the case - We need progression not more regression.

1 Like

I hope they fix things that got broken in SU5 that’s all…

2 Likes

Cautiously optimistic. My trust level with them has been damaged.

1 Like