Why not the "other" business jets?

After 3 years only very few business jets are available for MSFS!!
Please add more business jets!!
I prefer the Learjet to honor Bill Gates :wink:

1 Like

Learjet are super strict about people modelling their aircraft.

The last Learjet to ever be made was was delivered to Northern Jet Management in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in late March 2022.

They are a thing of the past.

We are showing our age even talking about them.

There are many “airplanes of the past” added, so why not the iconic learjets?

The other day I came face to face with the Learjet in our hangar and it brought me some emotional nostalgia. I knew it in the 90s version of FS but to see it for real sitting and resting with the open doors etc was something…

It was hiding among its younger and bigger sisters that our company (Still) produce…

This being said, I vote for the Global 8000 in MSFS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Got to check out a Vision jet in real life today.

Impressive Aeroplane.

They don’t like people putting their learjets in sims.

yeah I think, at the time, the idea of thousands of kids flying their product upside down through the Eiffel Tower and then posting it on YouTube was regarded as unfavourable to the respectable business image they wanted to promote.

As outlined by other’s in the forum, there is a severe lack of well rendered, well modeled business jets either available thru Flightsimulator marketplace, or other commercial modelers. If flight simulator is to be for entertainment or learning, business jets need to be included in the line up. About the time shortly after the release of flight simulator, a Challenger Jet was offered at a more than customary price ( I believe it was in the $100-$200 range) but reported that that it simulated almost everything. Now perhaps if that add-on were priced at $75.00 or so, that would still be acceptable.
Microsoft aircraft though generally rendered acceptable, is not scaled correctly and does not include the animation so many Add-ons include. So in general, enough already of the tweaked Longitude, CJ4, and Airbus jets, and let see some biz jets on the order of PMDG.

PMDG already has the Boeing business jets for the 737-8 and 737-7

Oh ok then. Problem solved.

as opposed to flying Boeings and Airbuses upside down through the Eiffel tower…

That’s not true. There’s a what seems to be a very super high fidelity model of the Bombardier Challenger 650 available for X-Plane 12 (https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/take-command-hot-start-challenger-650-p-212). That one would be a wet dream to have in MSFS!

I guess one should say: never featured as any flight sims’s default aircraft. Addons are a different thing of course.

Well I’m not quite sure what you are looking for exactly, but the Honda Jet is very well done, the Citation Mustang isn’t bad either, and what I’ve read about the Cirrus Vision Jet was good as well.

Also if you’re flexible (since they aren’t dedicated business jets) and also want something a little bigger and more complicated, there’s the Fly the Mad Dog MD-80 and the Aerosoft CRJ to consider, as well as JustFlight Fokker F28 (which is a little more old-school but still smaller and lighter than a Global 5000). Last not least the there’s the Just Flight BAe 146. The two JustFlight and the MD-80 should be in the same league as the PMDG

Just as a point of reference, the Longitude systems in MSFS are extremely deep (with over 130 pages of systems documentation to show for it). It’s second only in depth to the XPlane Challenger 650, across all sims.

Custom hydraulics system with the full set of automation logic, physically based hydraulic flows, accumulators using the actual part data fluid levels and specifications; custom electrical system mated with hydraulic system through a fully simulated PTCU; custom pressurization system with all the internal mode logic; custom bleed air system with all valves and paths affecting all systems; custom fuel system with physcially based temperature simulation rooted in real flight log data; custom environmental systems sim; custom brake simulation with correct automation; etc etc

However, most folks don’t really know that, because the plane is so easy to fly with everything just in NORM and have the automation go, which is a testament to how well designed the aircraft is to keep the pilot workload minimal.

5 Likes

I just miss the Legacy 650 in X-Plane 11…:sob: I’m also sad Carenado hasn’t brought over their Falcon 50EX yet.

On a happier note, I’ve been flying the SF50 Vision Jet recently and it’s a lot more fun than I remember!

I am aware that Gulfstream has not licensed their jets for Flight Simulator as it was revealed that the 911 bad guys used early Flight Simulator to assist in training for crashes into World Trade and Pentagon buildings, and they did not want to be affiliated with that possibility. Even Extreme Prototypes had a decent Lear 25 for FSX. Though not a biz jet, Flysimware has the Cessna 414aw well rendered. Lets not forget PMDG 737. A Falcon Jet would be nice well rendered, with a fairly accurate cockpit. There are other slower general aviation models that are available, and of the MS Flightsimulator A/C the CJ4 comes pretty close. One biz jet I would really love to see, is current Cessna Citation X+.
Just some thoughts.

Bombardier still own the Learjet, though they are no longer making them any more. You have not been able to buy a new Learjet for quite some time.

The weird thing is Bombardier ALSO own the CRJ and seem to have no issues with that appearing in the sim.

I would love a G650, GLEX, Especially for Xbox.

You’ve deleted your comment, but since I already read it I’ll reply since I enjoy talking about business jets😁

The Longitude is probably one of the best business jets now that it got the attention it deserved with the avionics update. (I am one of those who wishes it had a modeled cabin though)

The CJ4 has probably been the best one ever since WT had their original mod. I absolutely love it, but I don’t use it as much as I’d like since it doesn’t have auto throttles.

The SF50 Vision Jet by FlightFX would fall into the “very light” category you mentioned, but it’s actually become one of my favorites with how fun it is. Their HJet is good too, but I haven’t flown it in quite a while. I don’t remember why, other than I just don’t enjoy it as much as I had expected.

The Mustang by Cockspur is alright. I’d say it’s on par with the default Asobo ones prior to their updates.

The Phenom 300 by Sim Federation…well…I haven’t flown it in a very long time. I don’t know if it’s had any updates, but I wasn’t at all impressed.

I’m eagerly awaiting both of the aircraft you mentioned by FSReborn. They do really good work.

I really wish we had more long range business jets. I’m doing a tour for the VA I fly for, and I’m mostly using business jets. One of the legs is 4,200 miles, and none of our business jets can do a flight that far. :sob:

1 Like