Will Asobo release A350 XWB / 777-300 (for free or not)?

Hi,

There is a pretty big number of propeller planes in the game, but airliners are lacking IMO.

I know they are a lot of work to simulate, but probably a lot of us would even be willing to pay to additional planes…

I can’t find anymore any plans from Asobo to release additional planes ?

I would be really thrilled to see the A350-900/1000 XWB at least, but seeing the A220, 777. A330Neo (this one would be simple since cockpit is almost if not same as 320 neo) would be great as well…

So, is there any plans from Asobo to release a new pack of planes in the near future ?

Thanks

1 Like

Who knows. Maybe.

But they have said in the past they are kind of leaving some of the more complex aircraft like this to the add on devs as they know they would do a better job. So I wouldn’t hold your breath!

There have already been a few announcements for potentially a freeware A350 and a 777 by some groups if you search on the forums. Sim4flight is also working on a payware A350.

2 Likes

Focus of Asobo is flight simulation environment and not airplanes. I’m sure that we will have complex aircraft available, but from 3rd parties like Aerosoft and PMDG, Itt will appear also some freeware, and it will depend of your level of demand if they are good enough or not. Not sure if you know the level of detail of a 777 or a 747 of PMDG, but we are speaking about airplanes with a level of complexity near the reality, but are also expensive.

1 Like

The thing is I don’t want to pay $70 for 1 airplane, which is insane, when the full game is sold between $60 and $120 depending which version you buy.

It is a lot more work than a plane alone, not even comparable…

I think the payware actors need to revise their prices. A plane needs to be at $15 max IMO

1 Like

For 15$ you‘ll get a basic and not very beautiful visual model thst might hold a heading and maybe follow your sim set course.

I assume you‘re new to flight sim? Those models that were mentioned above take many thousand of man-hours to develop and they have their price. You don‘t need to purchase them but you can‘t expect a lot then either.

6 Likes

I play flight sims since late 90’s.

Like I said, nothing justifies paying a plane $70 when the full game with 1000x developping hours (cumulated) sells for the same price.

I understand the sell volumes are far lower, but they mainly think hardcore player will pay for that and that it is acceptable…

Although I love a good freeware airplane (many, many thanks to FBW), I am more than willing to pay for a well represented tubeliner. The fidelity that PMDG, FSLabs, and even Captain Sim bring is unreal and truly makes the sim great…your windshield starting to fog up? Turn on the defrost. Forget to check the oil level before your flight? Good luck.

If you have been simming since the 90’s then you know that it is not a cheap hobby. I’m happy to pay $150 for a good Boeing because I know that I will get a ton of enjoyable hours out of it.

Just my 2 cents, or since we are talking about simming my 2 dollars lol.

3 Likes

FSLabs…buy an airliner, get bonus password stealing malware in the installer. No thanks. (Also a great reason to buy add-ons from the official MSFS Marketplace - no dodgy installers with custom DRM that does who knows what in them)

1 Like

So you think that the people that spent their time and effort developing the plane you want to fly don’t deserve compensation? I suppose you want them to donate their time for free? I think that the $70 price tag is fully justified. These companies are in business to make money. If you don’t want to pay for it, you don’t have to. But if you then expect Microsoft or Asobo to make a study level aircraft for you for free, you are in for a big shock.

1 Like

I completely agree to pay, but no more than $15 for just a plane is justified IMO. $70 is the price of a full game with hundreds of people working on it for years…Let’s be realistic, the amount of work is not comparable by any means…

$15 is fine if the sim had 10 times the number of users. And study level aircraft DO take hundreds of people working for years. How much work do you think it is to simulate something like an Airbus? Not to mention the 3d modeling?

1 Like

I don’t think Asobo will be releasing any more default aircraft, it will be up to third party developers to fill the void.

However as in all things, you get what you pay for when it comes to FS addons. You want everything simulated??..then be prepared to spend some $$$. Don’t care about the circuit breaker panel or the number of rivets on the window frame doesn’t match to the real thing(yes there are people who complain about that), then there are less expensive options.

I expect 2021, we’ll start seeing all these projects come to life.

I don’t see an A350 with even half of its systems working coming to the sim any time soon, and certainly not from Asobo as they have stated while they plan to release more default planes, it is not high on the priority list at this time. I know there are third parties working on an A350, I think one even trying to release a ‘study’ level addon, but realistically I don’t ever see one coming to fruition. I’d like to think the third parties that have already released the 777 are working on or considering developing one for MSFS - that is a plausible addition that could launch sometime in 2021. I would imagine both coming with a hefty price tag (but considering the development time for even the 777 a $150 cost could be reasonable).

I would love to see an A220, one of my favorite commercial planes to see in the sky and a fantastic cockpit. Again, lots of work to be done even on a smaller bird like that one though.

$15 is not a realistic price for time and effort invested in creating a study level aircraft. These aircraft become silver bullet of the sim and with volumes a fraction of sim itself, that price will make such investment unviable.

Between $60-$90 is the reasonable spot for them. QualityWings made just the right balance with their pricing of the 787 and they admit it is no PMDG and personally, I find it good enough investment. I have steered clear of expensive ones that are northwards of $90. having said that, I do hope buying PMDG some day :slightly_smiling_face:

It is purely personal decision on how much do I want to invest, no one is forcing anyone to buy something and quality does come at a price. That is the reason a BMW is much more expensive than a Toyota, isn’t it?

Partially, but a Corolla owner doesn’t need to pay the $700+ a M3 owner does to replace their fuel injector. Last I checked 99% of updates (repairs) to addons are absolutely free, and usually come often with added features (the only added feature car manufacturers release is when they’re forced to recall something)!

You must be high expecting to pay $15 for a quality aircraft. Completely unrealistic. I guess you will be stuck with default on that kind of budget.

The prices for past aircraft have been based on the # of customers the developers expect to sell those aircraft to. There has been a small pool of flight simmers.

Now they have 2 million potential customers.

It will be up to each developer to decide how to set their prices in this brave new MSFS world, but I would expect the math to work out somewhat differently then it has in the past.

Better not!
Wouldn’t be satisfying.
You have to wait for working third party airliners.

Wow!

Thanks for the heads up! Will never buy from this company.

Edit: Why would this post have been flagged by the community?

2 Likes

:wink:

1 Like